Away from the hustle of the city, Angel Island offers a retreat to tranquility surrounded by magnificent San Francisco Bay views.
... more » This six mile biking tour is great for both beginners and intermediate cyclists, highlights all of the major sights, an occasional side-trips and introduces some of the island history.
If you're concerned about hills, there are very few worth mentioning on Perimeter Road - with a single short exception which can be comfortably tackled on foot. Check out the elevation profile for more details.
• Blue & Gold Fleet (Pier 39/41) - (415) 705-8200.
• Angel Island Ferry Company (Tiburon) - (415) 435-2131.
• Park fees are included in price of ferry tickets.
• Immigration Station can be explored for no fee, but museum requires a paid guided tour.
• Dogs are not permitted on the island.
• Check the weather forecast for fog (which can often burn off by midday), since the San Francisco bay views are possibly the biggest reason to visit the island.
• The island cafe can operate irregular hours - consider bringing lunch and snacks with you.
• Water fountains are available throughout the route, but bring a suitable container with you.
• Read the Blazing Saddles safety tips at the beginning of this guide. less «