The location in Trastevere is excellent. 5 minutes walk to the best authentic restaurants in the city, and 2 buslines right outside the door. One going to the central train station Termini (via Colosseum) and the other to the historic city center. The host Angelo is very helpful, and you really feel welcome. We can truly recommend Il Boom to... More
- Also Known As:
- Il Boom - Il Bed `n Breakfast Hotel Rome
- Il Boom - Il Bed `n Breakfast Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bed & Breakfast IL BOOM is in a large apartment (where owners’ family lives) located on the attic floor and penthouse of an early 20th-century building, without lift/elevator, offering a breathtaking view over Rome. Up to 2005 this apartment has been just our home. We restored it with our taste and passion for the three decades (fifties, sixties, seventies) when Rome and Italy made progress and opened up to the world and culture. We tried to save what we could (vintage floors, ceilings, doors, full-length window), and maintain the Roman atmosphere of our place. One of the unique feature of our apartment are the two splendid terraces, equipped with deck-chairs and umbrellas, where guests can sunbathe and enjoy the romantic atmosphere of the Eternal City. On-site amenities furthermore include a comfortable lounge/kitchen, a PC with internet access, and wireless Internet access throughout the apartment. The Bed and Breakfast IL BOOM enjoys an excellent position in the heart of Rome, on the legendary Gianicolo Hill, along a beautiful tree-lined avenue in the charming Trastevere district, one of the city's most ancient and picturesque neighbourhoods. We are located in a quiet and secluded residential area, at a few minutes walking from the most important artistic, archeological, cultural sites of the city.Vatican City is just across Gianicolo Hill (half an hour walking through Fontanone - a monumental fountain - and Piazza Garibaldi - the most beautiful view of the city. Campo de Fiori, Piazza Farnese, Piazza Navona, Pantheon, Tiber Island, Campidoglio, all the historical center is just under our place. Restaurants, pizzerias, bars, pubs, any kind of shops are at five minutes walking. And we have also very efficient and close public transportation (daily and nightly): Bus 44, 75, 870, H; tram 8. The Bed and Breakfast Il Boom offers 3 spacious double guest rooms (Loren, Magnani and Vitti), each featuring an elegant private bathroom and ample wardrobes. Individually decorated in an attractive 50's, 60's and 70's style, the rooms are named after three famous Italian movie stars of that period: Anna Magnani, Sophia Loren and Monica Vitti. Each room is large and very light, with high plastered ceiling. Room Loren is the quietest one because it gives onto Villa Sciarra (a small public park) and nearby gardens. It features a small private en-suite bathroom with shower, and a flat screen TV. Room Magnani has a window with a wonderful view over Rome. It features an external (just in front of the room itself) very large private bathroom with large jacuzzi bathtub and shower. It has a flat screen TV. A single bed can be added. Room Vitti has a balcony and a window with a wonderful view over Rome. It features an external (just outside the room itself) private black & white bathroom with shower. It has a flat screen TV, and a double sofa bed. All accommodations are strictly non-smoking and equipped with independent air conditioning, centralized heating, hair dryer, and wireless Internet connection. A delicious self-service continental breakfast, with home-made cakes and biscuits, toasts, jam, yogurt, fruit juice, milk, tea and coffee, is at guests' disposal in the kitchen. Breakfast can be enjoyed in the dining area or on the outdoor terrace, whenever you prefer, at any time until 1 p.m. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your IL BOOM - il bed 'n breakfast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.