A lovely place a short boat ride from Picton with a tranquil and isolated feel. We stayed in one of the comfortable Weka Chalets, with a nice balcony with views down to the bay. The food was lovely (and plenty of it!), and the staff were always really friendly. Our only very slight gripes would be having to pay for... More
- Also Known As:
- Lochmara Lodge - Wildlife Recovery And Arts Centre Hotel
- Lochmara Lodge - Wildlife Recovery And Arts Centre Hotel Picton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Budget to luxury accommodation in 14 units & bay view chalets set on the tranquil shores of the Marlborough Sounds, a short cruise from Picton in our water taxi (Lochmara can easily arrange this for you, there are no roads to Lochmara). Explore the Wildlife Recovery & Art Centre, nature & sculpture trails, Queen Charlotte Track, art gallery, wildlife, free use of our kayaks, or relax on the beach, hammocks or Bath House spa. Licensed cafe/restaurant serving local and seasonal produce and local wines. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Lochmara Lodge - Wildlife Recovery and Arts Centre reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.