This property is synonymous with HUGE rooms and bigger bathrooms. Loved the use of red bricks in the rooms, it gives a very royal vibe to the place. Also learnt the hotel is a heritage property used to belong to one of the Maharajas of Agra. Historically, many important personalities have visited the place. They have restored it well. The... More
- Also Known As:
- The Grand Imperial, Agra Hotel Agra
- The Grand Imperial, Agra Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE GRAND IMPERIAL AGRA The Grand Imperial, is the only Heritage hotel in Agra, and takes you into a world of Victorian Era.The wide arches, and the red Lahori brick walls, is a blend of Colonial and Mughal Architecture.The Grand Imperial offers enough history to keep guests engrossed for days on end. There are special rooms, old mementos, photographs and macho stories of courage and velour that can be recounted over and over again. located in the heart of the city of Agra, the hot seat of the Mughal Empire, the 100 year old Grand Imperial is constructed of biscuit bricks commonly refer red to as Lahori bricks. Which were also used in the construction of the world renowned monument of love- The Taj Mahal and the Red Fort,Post World War II, the Imperial Hotel, as was then known, played hosts to distinguished guests such as The Crown Princes of England and Japan, Prince Aga Khan, Shri Moti Lal Nehru, Mohammad Ali Jinnah, Jai Prakash Narayan and renowned cinema personalities such as Dilip Kumar, Madhubala and other. Its 16 Chamber of Princess Rooms and 14 Deluxe Rooms is a blend of the new modern comforts with old Heritage ambience. The property consists of old heritage, Victorian style arches, rooms with large areas and ceilings, wide corridors and spacious verandahs, open gardens etc.Enjoy the Victorian-Mughal Era, in the bar, with its array of excellent wines, and beers. The multi-cuisine restaurant, bar, health club, Spa, and lush lawns, makes your stay memorable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Venere, Olotels, EasyToBook, Priceline, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your The Grand Imperial, Agra reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.