I stayed for two nights whilst travelling along the garden route and Route 66 in October 2006. De Zeekoe is located approx 7km from Oudtshoorn. We had a log cabin on the edge of the lake, which was approximately 1.5km from the Guest Farm, where breakfast was served. This was not really walkable and took some getting too by car.... More
- Also Known As:
- De Zeekoe Guest Farm Hotel Oudtshoorn
- De Zeekoe Guest Farm Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 7km outside Oudtshoorn, in the Garden Route, surrounded by the famous Swartberg and Outeniqua mountains, is one of the world’s 17 "hot spots" with 3 overlapping flower zones. Surrounded by variety attractions like ostrich farms, longest wine route in the world (R 62), Cango caves, Wildlife ranch, waterfalls and museums, makes this the ideal destination for a visit or a stay over in the Klein Karoo. This owner managed, 2000 hectare working farm, is malaria free, and child friendly. De Zeekoe offers a unique in the world opportunity to walk with Wild Meerkats (Meerkat adventures) and to be part of the shy 5 experience!From self catering to luxurious accommodation. De Zeekoe offers the following:• Wild Meerkat tours, home to the “shy five”• Accommodation: From Standard to Superior rooms ( 16 ) and 4 Waterfront cabins Wheelchair friendly• Restaurant with fresh farm produce and free range meat• Conference and small functions venue• Community project with local school• Fishing – own equipment• Biking & hiking• Going green with recycling , solar panels etc• Birding ( 162 species )• Canoeing & NEW HORSE RIDING• Eco Farm Tours• Self guided walks• Massage relax zone• Swimming pool ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Tingo and Agoda so you can book your De Zeekoe Guest Farm reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.