Do not rush through this place. You are in the South...slow down! Have a mint juliep and sit among the massive trees. Take the tour and ask questions. Make the time to eat at the restaurant and have the special mint tea. My visit in Oct. was not crowded.
- Also Known As:
- Oak Alley Plantation Hotel Vacherie
- Oak Alley Plantation Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nowhere else in the south will you find such a spectacular setting!The story of Oak Alley Plantation began with a vision, an alley of 28 oaks later mirrored by a manor with 28 columns. In the early 1700’s an unknown settler planted twenty-eight evenly spaced oak trees in two rows leading from his humble cottage toward the mighty Mississippi River. Over a decade later, an aristocrat by name of Jacques Telephores Roman lured his New Orleans socialite bride to leave her city live life, to achieve his dream of becoming a sugar king. In 1839, Jacques and Celina built this spectacular mansion, leaving the Roman legacy for us to enjoy today. Come and enjoy her beauty and dream of her rich past. Explore 25 acres of history and romance, regret and rebirth, tragedy and triumph. Enjoy a Mint Julep or refreshing lemonade while strolling these historic grounds and see the legacies left by the Romans, the Stewarts and those in between. Step back in antebellum elegance and tour the Big House with a guide in period dress. And witness the reconstructed slave quarters to understand the lives of the workers whose labor made plantation life and its luxuries possible. Visit the Civil War Interpretive Exhibit which consists of a commanding officer's tent, staffed most days by one of our three Civil War interpreters. These interpreters, along with our video kiosk, will allow visitors to understand one of the most crucial periods in this nation's history. Enjoy small group discussions with one of our interpreters who are available to answer your specific questions.Dine with us and savor flavorful Cajun & Creole dishes in our Restaurant or grab a light lunch or ice cream in our Café. Browse our impressive Gift Shop. Spend a tranquil evening in one of our 19th century old cottages. Even plan a wedding, corporate or special event. There is just so much to experience at Oak Alley! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Oak Alley Plantation reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.