The hotel had a nice location and a nice getaway from the crowds. The staff was mostly courteous. The food was good too.
- Also Known As:
- Elgin Silver Oaks Kalimpong Hotel
- Elgin Silver Oaks Kalimpong Hotel Kalimpong
- Silver Oaks Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Elgin Silver Oaks was built in 1930 and once belonged to the prominent architect Frederick Desraj who built the old Teesta Bridge. It is now converted into a luxury hill resort in the Himalayas. Lounging in the landscaped gardens in a profusion of colour, one is treated to breathtaking views of the Himalayas. The natural decor is characteristic in the imposing Kanchenjungha which can be seen on a clear day, blooming petunias and asters, the serrated violet edges of iris, iridescent butterflies flitting through colourful azaleas, drooping geraniums, proud orchids and heaven, temporarily descends on earth. Sitting in one of the quaint gazebos, the tea seems to be flavoured by the refreshing winds of the Himalayas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Elgin Silver Oaks Kalimpong reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.