We stayed at Two Fish Bunaken on an off-season 50% buddy discount offer, in a budget room. Overall our experience was excellent, and to get 6 nights accommodation full board plus 11 quality dives, all for 300 euros per person is exceptionally good value for money (can that be beaten anywhere?)
- The diving was much better than expected (perhaps we were lucky with the weather during the wet season) - fantastic wall dives, vis 15-25m, great corals, black and whitetip sharks, loads of turtles, eagle rays, mandarin fish - much better than the best of what Thailand had to offer for us this year during their high season
- The accommodation was fine based on our expectations and it was great value for money (we had been backpacking through Thailand for a month before this, so a not-so-nice bathroom floor and slightly damp bedsheets - tough to deal with in wet season, plus some motorbike noise outside - were par for the course. If you are on vacation, perhaps better to take one of their bungalows instead - it's probably worth the extra money)
- The staff were fantastic and the organisation exceptionally good. Our dive guide Jhon was a really nice guy and very competent. We didn't have to do any of the legwork ourselves, equipment all set up for us and ready to go. The instructors who manage the resort on a day-to-day basis - Liz and Brendon - are really nice people and exceptionally good at their jobs (If I ever decide to do instructor training, I would definitely go find Brendon and hopefully he will still be at Two Fish!). I liked Brendon's presentations in the evenings which were very interesting.
- The food was excellent, tasty and plenty of it. The restaurant, bar and other buildings are nicely presented.
I hope we have the opportunity to go back in the near future, I would definitely choose Two Fish again!
- Also Known As:
- Two Fish Divers Bunaken Hotel Bunaken Island
- 2 Fish Divers Bunaken
- Two Fish Divers Bunaken Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Small and cosy resort based on Bunaken Island, characterised by:• Beach-side accommodation - wooden cottages with cooling fan, HOT water showers and large balconies with hammocks.• Other resort amenities include 18m swimming pool; 24 hour electricity; relaxing area; beach café; FREE wifi internet; book swap facility.• Small &Personal with really friendly staff.• European management – owned and managed by Tina and Nigel, who have been living & diving on Bunaken for more than 10 years.• No crowds - maximum 20-22 divers. ... more less