What can I say, everything was perfect. Even the weather cooperated except for one day of rain. This was our first visit to a Sandals and we will definitely return. The service, staff, and accommodations were top notch. Nowhere else have we had a regular call to our room to ask if everything was to our satisfaction and to ask if there was anything else they could do for us. Really? I couldn't think of anything more. We were already being treated like royalty.
I will start by commenting on the maintenance, housekeeping and pool staff. These people work hard. The grounds keeper was grooming the lawn with a weed whacker! Deborah was our housekeeper and she was the sweetest and nicest woman. Always had a smile and friendly words. All of these people take great pride in their work and you can tell they love their jobs.
The restaurants were all wonderful. We didnt have a bad meal the entire week. The staff and chefs were all very friendly and efficient. We went to LaToc for our anniversary dinner and it was really great. Only thing I can say that was a little odd was that being a French restaurant, you would think it would play some French music but there was nothing. It was too quiet. We also visited the English Pub at the Grande. That too lived up to our expectations.
I also want to say hello to Playmaker Michael! What a fun time with pool volleyball we had. I hope you follow your dream of becoming a pilot!
The management at Sandals Halcyon is the best. Where else would you see the manager of an establishment clearing tables or loading luggage to help out the working staff. Everyone works together here.
This Sandals is the smallest of the 3 and we visited both of the others but are glad we chose Halcyon. The grounds are lush and absolutely beautiful and the whole resort has a more laid back aura to it. For fun we did offsite excursions like the Zip Line Adventure. Highly recommended but beware of all the stairs! We also did the Soufriere Adventure Cruise. Had a blast. We were very impressed with the knowledge of the guides in the botanical gardens and at the volcano.
To sum up, this was a vacation we will remember all our lives. I would recommend Sandals Halcyon to anyone who asks and even to those who don't!!
- Also Known As:
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel Castries
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Hotel
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Castries
- Sandals St Lucia
- Sandals Halcyon Beach Hotel
- Sandals Halcyon
- Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia Castries
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- •Friendly to the physically challenged with low rise architecture •Fully air-conditioned Caribbean cuisine restaurant on its own 150 ft pier over the •Caribbean Sea •Houses 169 Rooms with true personal service and intimate experience •English-style afternoon tea served at the Paradise pool •Tableside service at the Beach Bistro •“Stay at one, play at three” free shuttles to Sandals La Toc Golf Resort & Spa and Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort•Sandals Resorts “World’s Leading All Inclusive Company” 16 years in a row •Sandals Resorts “Caribbean’s Leading Hotel Brand”, 18 years in a row ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cheap Tickets and Tingo so you can book your Sandals Halcyon Beach St. Lucia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.