My husband and I visited the Sandos Playacar in February. The reason we picked this hotel was for the kite-boarding lessons by PDC Kiteboarding, They can also give you a hotel discount. The staff at PDC was great, very professional. Be aware that kite-boarding season is mainly Jan-Feb, but you can contact them for more info. Even in February, we couldn't kite half the time because the wind wasn't strong enough.
The resort was great, we enjoyed the evening entertainment more than some other resorts we have been to. The entertainment team works hard, and there are great activities for the kids. I also liked the movie hour around dinner time every evening.
What we didn't like was the need to go to guest services often. Booking a-la-carte restaurants and using the internet room could only be done at certain times, and service was lacking here.
Bicycles are free to borrow, so a bike-ride to Playa-del-Carmen was fun.
The water and beach are beautiful. This hotel is the last in a long chain of hotels, so there is nice quiet beach walking in the other direction.
- Also Known As:
- Sandos Playacar
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort
- Sandos Playacar Beach Hotel
- Sandos Playacar Beach
- Hotel Sandos Playacar Beach
- Beach Playacar Resort Sandos
- Sandos Playacar Resort
- Sandos Playa Del Carmen
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa Playa Del Carmen, Mexico - Riviera Maya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is an all-Inclusive hotel in Playa del Carmen with both family and adult sections. We are ideally located on a magnificent white sandy beach in the gated community of Playacar, within walking distance to downtown Playa and Fifth Avenue. Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa is located only forty-five minutes from the Cancun International Airport, and the pier serving ferries to Cozumel is a short distance from our property.Playacar is a private, master-planned community situated on the southern edge of downtown Playa del Carmen. Guests at Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa enjoy this exclusive community’s impressive infrastructure, including an 18-hole golf course designed by Robert Von Hagge, the Xaman-Ha Aviary, pristine biking paths, and Mayan ruins, accessible to the public for hiking.Riviera Maya is a protected region where many remaining artifacts from the fascinating Mayan civilization can be found. Surrounded by Mayan archeological zones, such as those at Tulum, Coba, and Chicen-Itza, this Playa del Carmen hotel successfully preserves a strong sense of Mayan culture onsite, adding an authentic feel and flavor to the vacation experience in Playacar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Amex, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Otel, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Sandos Playacar Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.