This resort is BEAUTIFUL. Although extremely far from the airport. We were on the bus an hour and a half - we had quite a few stops though!
The pools are stunning and the entertainment at the pool was great, especially the band. I have to say, we booked the Cove side, which was much cheaper, but conveniently ended up with an ocean view room right on the border (spa, cove) so we spent our days at the Spa pool (Adults only) and our nights at the Cove- disco, shows, sports bar!
Cleaned daily, jacuzzi was a great touch! HUGE water bottles given to us every day! Coffee maker was a life saver! Balcony was where we spent our mornings!
The food was great. I appreciated the bottled water given to us every dinner. The mexican restaurant on the cove side was my favourite because the service was outstanding. I asked the waiter to "surprise me" on the dessert because I couldn't understand anything and I ended up getting a FULL ON cooking show! Fresh strawberries, ice cream, 3 kinds of liquor, being made right in front of me! As well, the guacamole is made right in front of you, infused with tequila! So good! The breakfast buffet was really well done. We realized the resort was extremely under staffed so some of the restaurants were closed on random nights, but you can manage your time just by asking ahead! The Italian restaurant on the spa side was another favourite! Very well done, felt just like home!
Eduardo at the martini bar (spa side) is HILARIOUS! you have to ask him to show you a card trick, as well my boyfriend was given a "good night my friend see you tomorrow" drink, tasty!!!! The martini bar was our favourite. Right on the water, VERY WINDY but beautiful, it was just us and Eduardo all night! I have to say the liquor served was INSANE! They have top shelf brands!!!!!!! Anything you can imagine!
The most apparent downfall of the Aventura Spa Palace is that it does NOT have a beach. It is a man made "cove" .. which is fine, it was EXACTLY what we expected: fake sand (like cat litter, honestly) and steps DOWN into the water (the water does flow into the sand, not even remotely "beach" like)! So needless to say, we were not disappointed because we knew all of this prior!
The spa was FULL when we arrived, so unfortunately we did not get to indulge in the 1500 credit. So i guess that was a "catch" but as long as you book ahead you will be fine! That was our mistake! Although the under staffing probably didn't help!
- Also Known As:
- Aventura Hotel Palace
- Aventura Palace
- Aventura Hotel Puerto Aventuras
- Mayan Riviera Palace
- Aventura Spa
- Adventure Spa Palace
- Hotel Mayan Palace
- Adventura Spa Palace
- Aventura Palace Spa
- Aventura Spa Palace Mexico/Puerto Aventuras, Riviera Maya
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A blend of relaxation and adventure awaits you at this adults only retreat. Set in the Riviera Maya overlooking the aquamarine Caribbean Sea, enjoy 1,266 luxurious accommodations with double Jacuzzi, balcony (most with hammock), and 24 hr. room service. Among the facilities to highlight is the state-of-the-art spa offering a perfect day of pampering. Guests can also enjoy seven restaurants, several bars, a disco, outdoor/indoor pools, and unlimited tours as part of the all-inclusive package. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Caribbean Online Mgt Corp., Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo, Otel, Venere and Fareportal so you can book your Aventura Spa Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.