We were a bit put off when we drove up and work men were sitting around the front of there rooms drinking beer, I asked could we see a room before we checked in and were told well you have booked it, you will be paying for it anyway!, where as other places would never treat people like that, so we stayed the night. All through the night there was terrible language and fighting from next door and the other people staying at the place kept running up and down stairs swearing and slamming doors. After a night of NO sleep at all, I told them we would be checking out, well I had gotten a discount for booking 2 rooms, 1 for me and my family and 1 for my elderly father, so I was told I had to pay for 3 nights in total for each room but at the full price since we were checking out early. And that I should be VERY careful what I write here because they are covered by the defirmation board and several other entties I think I was supposed to be intimidated by, but telling the truth is NOT classed as defirmation!., otherwise everyone who used these sights would be sued!... so after 1 night of NO sleep and almost $800 poorer. I will NOT be recommending ANYONE should stay here....but that is just MY oppinion. We rebookes into a fantastic place on Palmer at a fraction of the cost more and we had all the bells and whistles... and were not scared at all to sleep there.
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC
The Beach House Motel’s rate is price appropriate and given that it is situated on the beach front in Townsville and is walking distance to clubs, hotels, restaurants, take-a-ways, shops, Casino and ferry terminals , it is only logical that the rate is going to be higher than motel’s that do not have this location.
Report response as inappropriate
In future for Annelikestotravel to avoid cancellation fees in the accommodation industry, and many industries for that matter, it is advisable not to make telephone or online reservations until the premises are sighted before agreeing to pay. Once a booking is made with a Motel/Hotel the business then prioritises reservations and other potential customers are turned away. The majority of accommodation providers give a discount when guests book a room for an extended stay, fluctuating tariffs enable the hotel and motel industry to trade in a sustainable productive method, furthermore, if a customer then decides to shorten their period of stay, the room rates revert back to the standard daily fee.
Fabrication of incidences in an attempt to avoid cancellation fees can have serious consequences. Defamation cases are taken seriously and have dramatically increased due to individuals writing non factual content on the internet which is accountable to both the writer and publisher. Input or feedback is readily accepted providing it is done in a manner that is positive and constructive and with no personal agendas.
• A phone booking was made Annelikestotravel eight weeks prior to the day of arrival and a phone confirmation was received one week prior to arrival.
• At no time did I state, “Well you have booked it you will be paying for it anyway!” After being asked if Annelikestotravel could look at the rooms, I said “yes, however if the rooms were not suitable there would be a cancellation fee on each room.” Following this Annelikestotravel responded, “it will be fine” and preceded to fill in and sign the check-in registration sheet with the cancellation policy clearly stated in the same print (This policy is clearly visible and at no time has it ever been minimised or in fine print).
• At mid-afternoon on 25th May 2011, when Annelikestotravel checked in, one corporate customer was sitting outside his room.
• At approximately 8:00am the following morning Annelikestotravel came and told me that she and her family were checking out due to noise and drunken behaviour and fighting, I was surprised as my husband or I had heard nothing. The motel has a night bell and the main phone number is diverted to the manager’s residence, and at no time were we contacted.
• After my explanation of the cancellation fee Annelikestotravel was charged as per our cancellation policy, accepted and signed the bank slip.
• On leaving the office Annelikestotravel said “people will be hearing about this” I felt that this remark appeared as an attempt to intimidate to which I replied “be very careful as defamation can be a very serious matter”.
• The motel was fully booked that night, twenty six rooms and approximately forty-five people being a mixture of corporate, government, tourists, and holiday makers. After Annelikestotravel’s complaint I asked all of the remaining guests for feedback on noise, and Not One Guest Said They Heard Undue Noise, Unreasonable Behaviour Or Fighting, some of those guests have been back several times since
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC