This was our first trip to Hamilton Island. We were told on arrival at the marina that we had been given an upgrade from our Premium Palm Bungalow to a Coral Sea View room in the Reef view Hotel due to over booking. We accepted the first night in the Hotel but requested the stay the second night in the Bungalows.
They are two very different styles of accomodation. Hotel rooms are bigger and offer lovely views from the balcony. We were on the 8th floor. But there can be noise from adjoining rooms. They only have a fridge with no plates or cutlery. We were in room 813 and we found the mattress hard and uncomfortable.
We spent our second night in Bungalow no.32 and this was more to our style. More comfortable bedding and despite not having a view the Bungalows offer a kitchenette with crockery and cutlery which will allow you to purchase your own foods,. Also they are more peaceful and the hammock on the porch is a nice way to spend the afternoon relaxing with a quiet drink.
So depending on your getaway I hope this helps
- Also Known As:
- Palm Bungalows Hotel
- Palm Bungalows Hotel Hamilton Island
- Palm Hotel Hamilton Island
- Palm Bungalows Whitsunday Islands/Hamilton Island, Australia
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Palm Bungalows comprise 49 freestanding island bungalows situated in a tropical garden setting,each with its own balcony and outdoor furniture. Rooms are spacious and specifically designed for couples or small families. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Orbitz, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Palm Bungalows reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.