We arrived at the hotel at 10am and there was a queue at the counter. It seemed to take the counter staff a fairly long time to check people in and out, there were only 3 staff working at the counter. When it came round to our turn, the counter staff was perfectly polite and friendly but informed us that our room would not be ready until the afternoon. We left our bags and returned in the afternoon. Our room was on the 5th floor and we received an upgrade to a Starwood preferred guest room. The room was very spacious and quite cosy, with a comfortable bed, desk and ample cupboard space. Dressing gown and bedroom slippers included, and I really loved the powerful hairdryer. Superb power shower and lots of usable space beside the sink.
They don't provide toothbrushes though, so you would either have to request this or bring one along with you. The only thing which is not good about the room is that if you can one facing the main street (which is the one we got), it gets noisy in the morning with all the traffic. I'm not sure how the other side of the hotel is like, but there is a lot of construction along the main road (I think they are building an overpass).
Breakfast was decent, a good spread of all sorts of food and attentive service from the staff. I thought overall that the hotel was nicely decorated and had a warm feel to it instead of the hollow caverns that many hotels have for lobbies. The property is old and hence the ceilings are lower but they've made it plush so it feels warm and welcoming. Our check out was very efficient as we paid in advance and it was no problem getting a taxi to the airport. We thought it was good value for money and would stay here again.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien Jakarta Hotel
- Le Meridien Jakarta Hotel Jakarta
- Jakarta Le Meridien
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Le Méridien Jakarta sits at the heart of the city’s golden triangle.Offering 396 rooms, the hotel exemplifies intimate luxury in a chic Javanese inspired environment. The hotel features an all-day dining restaurant, specialty restaurants serving delicious Lebanese and Japanese Cuisine, two bars—and a world class spa and fitness centre with Asian massage treatments, sauna and whirlpool. The fully renovated main ballroom, called SasonoMulyo, is thoughtfully designed and luxuriously appointed with a capacity up to 1000 guests—an ideal venue for wedding celebrations, corporate events and large-scale functions. A full range of audio, visual equipment and High Speed Internet Access is provided in 10 other meeting venues designed for 10 to 150 persons.Le Méridien Jakarta also features a penthouse suite featuring a 100-year old, handcrafted Kudus House; an intricately carved structure made from teak wood. Le MeridienClub encompasses the top four floors of the hotel tower, and the Club Lounge is on the 20th floor, providing spectacular views of the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Tingo, Otel and HotelsClick so you can book your Le Meridien Jakarta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.