I regularly visit Dubai for business and have stayed in a number of hotels in various parts of the city. This hotel is by far the best that I ever stayed, not only in Dubai but in the whole Middle East region.
The staff were always welcoming and I took great amusement in watching the reactions of other guests as they were greeted in both French and English (the hotel chain is actually French) as they displayed various levels of confusion and often looked around as if to check whether they had accidently arrived in the wrong country. I found all staff to be professional and they reacted immediately to any request for assistance whether that be in my room key not working to activate the lift (I think it was actually me doing it wrong, not the card itself) or in returning my laundry within six hours even when I had not requested the "express" service. I have heard great things about the hotel's Irish bar but unfortunately did not manage to frequent it on this trip - I will be sure to next time though.
The food is beautifully made and attention to detail is second to none. Breakfast is a delight and all guests are welcome to eat outside therefore making the most of the warm morning sunshine and the view of Jumeirah's public beach. There are many eatery options to choose from within the hotel and a huge variety of restaurants within a 5 minute walk of the hotel - all of which are open well into the night so if you fancy dinner at 1am then just walk outside and join the hundreds of others doing the same! Due to travelling alone, I did not always have a dinner companion so ordered from room service a few times and was not in any way disappointed [as you often can be] with the results. All the food was delivered quickly, presented beautifully and was truly an example to many other [large chain] hotels as to how room service can, and should be done.
My room was a luxury room with a seaview. Absolutely stunning to wake up to that each morning. It can be a little noisy due to the constant traffic outside, especially on the weekends but I did nto find this a problem and to be honest, with a bed as comfortable as those in the Sofitel, a little noise is worth the trouble. I have never slept so well in a hotel as I did in this one - I honestly didn't want to leave! The bathrooms [as others have mentioned] are beautifully crafted and designed in such a way that you can watch TV whilst in the bath and there are even additional speakers available to listen to music whilst in there or even in the shower. Again, this is one of the few hotels that I can genuinely say that I was happy to stay in my room to relax as an alternative to "escaping the confines of the hotel" which is a common feeling for the frequent business traveller such as myself.
The hotel can be a little pricer than some of the others in the Jumeirah Beach Residences [JBR] area but it is worth splashing out a little more for the standard that Sofitel continually provide to their guests. I actually booked via the Emirates website [as this is who I flew to the region with] and managed to get a great discount which no other "deals site" came even close to so all-in-all, a perfectly luxurious stay at a beautiful example of Middle Eastern and French hospitality combined. My only complaint is the size of the pool and it's surrounding area. I would have liked to lie on a sun lounger when an unexpected morning off arose but by 9.30am they were all taken. There is always the beach and the hotel provides a beach chair and towel etc (again - something else to show the level of detail that this hotel considers important) but it would be nice if there could be more space for guests in that way.
Aside from my minor complaint about the pool area/lack of space, this is a wonderful location and hotel to stay in whilst in Dubai for whatever reason. I will most definitely be staying there again on my next trip - I just wish that all the hotels I stay in so frequently around the world were this good!
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach Hotel
- Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach Hotel Dubai
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Luxury beachfront hotel combining French spirit with Dubai’s most appealing features: waterfront location, sea-view and direct access to The Walk, the city’s stylish beachside promenade and outdoor shopping area. 35 Minutes from Dubai International Airport, close to Dubai Media City, Jebel Ali Free Zone, two of Dubai’s biggest shopping malls, and three prestigious golf clubs. Leisure facilities: Beauty Salon, Infini-pool, Health Club, Sauna and Steam room. Two restaurants and three lounges present truly international flavors. A dedicated Inspired Meetings team meets the needs of business travellers. Free wi-fi and a separate meetings floor ensure a satisfactory business operation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Amex, Splendia, ACCOR, Otel, Travelocity, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Sofitel Dubai Jumeirah Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.