I elected to stay here for 2 days during my transit in Dubai. I thought it would be nice to have a mini holiday.
There was just a string of small things that made me think this hotel did not deserve a 5 star rating:
1. I arrived early in the morning and the staff appeared tired and sluggish
2. My father was going to join me later that afternoon so I asked the receptionist to page me when my father got there. To which he replied "I finish at 8, I won't be here". So I had to ask him to place a note on the file so whoever was there could contact me when my father gets there.
3. My non smoking room smelt odd... not sure why?
4. During my stay, on 3 occasions when I rang reception and nobody picked up the phone
5. Both bath robes had stains on them
6. There was a circular tear in my bed cover ~ 1cm diameter
7. The beauty Salon does not charge things up to your room so you have to pay on the spot
8. I had a pedicure at hotel's beauty salon and they tried to sell me foam slippers for AED10 even though I had brought my own slippers
9. I found most staff were not proficient in English. At one point I paged operator, started talking, and was interrupted by operator and was asked in Hindi if I speak in Hindi. I felt this was a bit odd. I am fluent in both languages however I feel it is their job to respond to me not the other way around.
10. Whenever I paged staff they would address me as "Mister" instead of "Miss" followed by my full name. They really should read their file thoroughly and make note of such things.
On the plus side:
1. My room was nice - spacious, neat, sunny, with a good view
2. They let me check in at 8am as the room was ready
3. They let me check out late for no extra fee
4. They cancelled my father's room booking without fee when he couldn't make it
5. The Japanese restaurant Icho was amazing. It has a fabulous view and some of the best agedashi tofu
6. The meeting/function area is very well done
All in all my experience here was ordinary. Next time I stop over in Dubai I'd rather spend the money elsewhere. I just don't feel it's worth a second visit given all the other hotels that are available in the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai is located on the prominent Sheikh Zayed Road in Dubai. This luxurious modern and newly open Glass Tower building features 471 rooms and suites, 08 F&B outlets amongst specialty restaurants and bars, a convention center for meetings and events, a dedicated meetings and business floor including 07 meeting rooms and a business center. It features as well a Health Club and a serene Spa, a roof top swimming pool, a state-of-the-art gymnasium, an Executive Lounge and a covered parking with valet parking service. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Asiatravel.com Holdings, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, Jetsetter, Travelocity, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Radisson Royal Hotel Dubai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.