Some very good things:
- Clean rooms
- Very clean sheets and towels
- Smiling staff and friendly welcome
- We were able to borrow a (tiny) umbrella when it rained
A few things I enjoyed less:
- Shared bathrooms were not very clean; drains didn't all clear quickly; sinks were gross
- Saw people washing their clothes in the shared sink, that shouldn't be allowed
- Old floors = noisy
- Doors slam which is also noisy
- Mattress wasn't great - my husband was sore all day
- I'm not a fan of the "no-shoes" policy in a hotel, but that's just me!
All in all, I think it's a good option for the price range and in light of some of the other places on this street.
- Also Known As:
- Chulia Heritage Hotel Penang/Georgetown
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chulia Heritage Hotel - the ideal hotel for traveller which offers high standard accommodation and personalized services in a stylish manner. Culture and history combined to create an atmosphere of luxurious living. Chulia Heritage Hotel is strategically located within the core zone of the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Penang, where is no doubt the traveller favorite must-visit place while holidaying in Penang. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Chulia Heritage Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.