I was so impressed with everything about the Rasa Ria.
I would recommend the resort to anyone. It would suit families, couples, honeymooners or singles. There is something for everyone.
We arrived at 2am and unbelievably the staff were waiting for us with a welcome drink and a speedy check in to our amazingly beautiful Ocean View rooms. I was traveling with my mother and son and was given 2 interconnecting rooms (had difficulty with this at every other hotel we stayed in).
The pool is wonderful, with a waterslide and lots of pool lounges. The staff don't let people reserve lounges for the day. I noticed the towels left on sunbeds were taken away.
There is a good variety of dining options, all very reasonable for a 5 star resort.
I wish I'd stayed longer to take advantage of the many activities on offer. You were able to do thing like...early morning bird watching, observe the orangutans feeding in the sanctuary, nocturnal animals walk, firefly walk ...the list goes on. My travel agent wrongly told me there was nothing to do except relax by the pool.
Unfortunately we only stayed 2 days and only had time to see the orangutans (better than Sepilok). I'm coming back soon with my husband so I can do everything..
- Also Known As:
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Ria Hotel Kota Kinabalu
- Shangri-La`s Rasa Ria Hotel
- Shangri Las Rasa Ria Hotel
- Shangri La Rasa Ria
- Rasa Ria
- Shangri La Rasa Ria Resort
- Rasa Ria Resort
- Shangri Las Rasa Ria Resort
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort Kota Kinabalu, Sabah
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort is set on Pantai Dalit beach surrounded by 400 acres of lush tropical vegetation, including a unique nature reserve. Here you'll meet Sabah's icon, the fascinating Orang Utan, as well as a remarkable array of indigenous flora and fauna. Unexpected encounters with hornbills who glide right overhead, peacocks walking by during breakfast, a friendly bear cat greeting you from a tree or the occasional wild rabbit, iguana or squirrel crossing your path are all part of the magic of this remarkable resort. Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort goes beyond the offerings of Kota Kinabalu hotels by providing numerous options for relaxation. This includes the magnificent Spa at Dalit Bay, a wide range of water sports, Rasa Ria's own catamarans for cruises and deep sea fishing, a challenging 18-hole championship golf course, ATV safaris, tennis, horse riding, a fitness centre and, of course, a fun-filled Kids' Club to care for younger visitors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Splendia, AsiaRooms, Priceline, Otel, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, HotelTravel.com and Tingo so you can book your Shangri-La's Rasa Ria Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.