Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Hike the Zhuilu Old Trail through Taroko National Park on a small-group hiking tour from Hualien. Since this guided hiking tour secures your Zhuilu Old Trail hiking permit in advance, you can forget about logistics and focus on the soaring cliffs, marble walls, and lush vegetation that you discover on this spectacular hike. Upgrade to a private tour for an even more personalized experience.
- You'll start atHualien StationOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Zhuilu Old TrailStop: 5 hours - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Taroko National ParkStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 3Taroko GorgeStop: 60 minutesSee details
- You'll end atHualien StationNo. 100, Guolian 1st Road, Hualien City, Hualien County, Taiwan 970Hualien StationSee address & details
- Explore one of Taroko National Park’s most beautiful trails
- Tour includes Zhuilu Old Trail hiking permits to save time and avoid hassle
- Transport from Hualien City makes it easy to access the national park
- Group size limited to eight hikers to ensure a personalized hike
What to Expect
Meet a driver at Hualien City and then board a climate-controlled vehicle for the scenic trip to Taroko National Park, stopping at a convenience store to pick up snacks, water, or lunch along the way. At the starting point, cross a dramatic suspension bridge to access the Zhuilu Old Trail, entering a section of Taroko National Park that’s only accessible with a permit. The first stretch of trail, with steep stairs, is the most challenging, and you can watch for birds, monkeys, and mountain goats at the edge of the trail. Reach the towering Zhuilu Cliffs and admire panoramic views across Taroko Gorge. Pause to enjoy snacks or lunch at the Cliff Outpost and then follow the Zhuilu Old Trail back to the starting point, finishing by crossing the suspension bridge once more. This hiking tour concludes with return transfer to Hualien City.
Hualien Station, No. 100, Guolian 1st Road, Hualien City, Hualien County, Taiwan 970
Returns to original departure point
- Permit issued by Taroko National Park
- 2~8 people small group or upgrade to a private tour
- Pickup and drop-off in Hualien City
- Safety helmet for the cliff part (carry on your own)
- Entry/Admission - Taroko National Park
- Admission fee of Zhuilu Old Trail: TWD 200/person
- Lunch & Meal & Drink
- Train or flight ticket between Taipei and Hualien
- Entry/Admission - Zhuilu Old Trail
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It’s better to confirm and book this tour ASAP because only 96 pax are allowed to hike a day and secure permit in advance is required. Most travelers fail to make this trip because of hesitation.
- General Pickup Time: 8:20~8:30 am at Hualien Train Station, 8:30~8:40 am at Hualien Airport, 9:10~9:20 am at Xincheng Train Station, 7:30~8:30 am at the hotels in Hualien City. The local operator will send the exact pickup timetable 24~36 hrs before the tour.
- The local operator will apply for the permit on your behalf and Name on the passport/ Nationality/ Gender/ Passport No./ Date of Birth are required for permit application.
- Customers with acrophobia, heart attack, hypertension, pregnant or special personal illness that may affect your ability to participate please consult your physician.
- This tour is not suitable for people aged 70-years and above or aged 12-years and below.
- Signing a waiver form before the hike is required for each participant.
- In rain or typhoon seasons, your driver guide always reserves the right to cancel the trip for safety reasons and no refund will be issued if the tour has started.
- This group tour doesn't offer the pickup & drop-off service at Taipei City, Silks Place Taroko, Yanliao, Shoufeng. If you stay at Taipei City, Silks Place Taroko, Yanliao, Shoufeng, please take taxi or take train to meet the group at the Hualien Train Station at 8:00am or at Trailhead at 9:10 (if staying in Taroko Gorge)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Bad weather condition such as typhoon, earthquake, flood, landslide, etc. will influence the location where the tour will be operated, we may cancel the tour according to the government announcement. You will be offered an alternative or full refund if the tour hasn't started yet.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Cool tour, very nice guide. (Jeff) The trail is partly steep and it is quite some work to get up to the cliff. But the stunning views are totally worth it! Highly recommend.
Date of experience: February 2020
Totally professional and enthusiastic service - we went with Jeff to Jhuilu. He’s passionate and knowledgable, and knew all the best spots to take photos. Pick them if you want good English speaking guides, who are sincere and take good photos! They handle everything from permit…
Ask for Jeff! He's been doing this for a while, knows his plants well, and is ready for anything! He carried everything we could have possibly required on this trip. Loved his enthusiasm to what he does. Enjoyed the trail, which is slight steep with plenty of steps. While I…
Amazing hike. Stunning views. Jeff is the best. He not only knew the trail but pointed out monkeys, barking deer and blue wild chickens. He used his GoPro on a selfie stick to safely take photos of us that looked awe inspiring. I will add those photos later. You will be in good…
Date of experience: January 2020
Jeff picked me up at my inn punctually and was polite. He is bilingual in English and Mandarin which is very useful for English-speaking tourists. He knows his route well and has a good knowledge of the trail which he explained during the walk. He also shared secret photo taking…
Date of experience: January 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Eye Travel Taiwan
Did not receive pictures
We thought Jeff did a good job, but months later we realized we never got all the pictures that he took with his ca…
Best way to visit Taroko Park!
Best way to visit Taroko Park! Iris was so much fun and a wonderful guide. She spoke great English and was so knowl…
Natural wonders, history, and culture!
This tour was amazing. Vincent is an expert tour guide, able to deliver the gorgeous views while making it more mea…
Great day with the family
We had a great time river tracing in Hualien with Eye Travel Taiwan. Went with the whole family, kids are 22, 15, 1…
Relaxing in the gorge
Enjoying the nature, nice weather and beautiful scenery. The tour guide provided interesting background information…
Our guide Jeff took us on a tour to the Taroko gorge, and we had a fantastic time! Our favorite spot was the pagod…
A wonderful day!
What an amazing day in Taroko National Park! We decided book a tour with EyeTravel Taiwan because we did not want t…
We had so much fun on this tour. Walking up through the crystal clear river water was super cool and refreshing. Ad…
SO MUCH FUN!
I could not recommend this activity enough! It’s one of the best experiences I’ve ever had. So exciting, fun, uniqu…
The guide was very kind. They taught us about plants in the mountains and gave us detailed answers to questions abo…
We had a wonderful day exploring Taroko Gorge. Our guide Jeff knew a lot about the area and told us stories. Highly…
Great experience !
Very good day tour ! Jeff was very nice and he told us a lot of stories which make the tour more interesting! Weath…
Amazing Experience in Taroko
A great day exploring Taroko National Park: breathtaking sites, beautiful nature, great food with our guide Jeff Ji…
Great full day tour with much of the variety the gorge has to offer!
I really enjoyed the few hikes in different parts of the gorge. We saw a temple and shrine with a great view, a cou…
Great Day on Guided Tour!
Jeff was a great guide!! Super knowledgeable about all of the sites, local fauna, and more. He was super friendly a…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
from MYR 522.15*
Popular: Booked by 187 travellers!
from MYR 458.06*
Popular: Booked by 177 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Zhuilu Old Trail From Hualien: The Best One Day Hike in Taiwan
How much is Zhuilu Old Trail From Hualien: The Best One Day Hike in Taiwan?
Zhuilu Old Trail From Hualien: The Best One Day Hike in Taiwan price starts from RM 455.84. Discover and book Zhuilu Old Trail From Hualien: The Best One Day Hike in Taiwan on Tripadvisor
What is the Zhuilu Old Trail From Hualien: The Best One Day Hike in Taiwan cancellation policy?
Zhuilu Old Trail From Hualien: The Best One Day Hike in Taiwan cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Zhuilu Old Trail From Hualien: The Best One Day Hike in Taiwan on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Zhuilu Old Trail From Hualien: The Best One Day Hike in Taiwan?
Zhuilu Old Trail From Hualien: The Best One Day Hike in Taiwan is hosted by Eye Travel Taiwan. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Eye Travel Taiwan on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Zhuilu Old Trail From Hualien: The Best One Day Hike in Taiwan on Tripadvisor