View all photos (50)
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 2)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Even if you’ve only got half a day in town, check off the highlights without rushing on this private Glasgow walking tour. Traveling at your own pace to attractions tailored to suit your interests, snap key sights like Glasgow Cathedral, Tolbooth Steeple, and the Gallery of Modern Art, and get a taste of local life from your insider guide.
- Check off all the classic downtown Glasgow sights in one half-day walking tour
- Customize your tour to suit your needs with your private guide
- Get personalized insights into local life from a Glasgow insider
- Discover landmarks like Glasgow Cathedral and the Gallery of Modern Art
What to Expect
If you’re staying in Glasgow city center, your guide will collect you from your door to start your private walking tour. Be sure to let them know any sights you’d like to see or interests you may have: the tour is customizable to meet your needs. A typical itinerary covers sights including Glasgow Cathedral, the Necropolis cemetery, Tolbooth Steeple, the Gallery of Modern Art, George Square, Templeton’s Carpet Factory, St. Andrew’s Cathedral, and much, much more. Travel at your own pace to the locations that interest you and feel free to ask whatever questions spring to mind. At the end of the tour, your guide will escort you home.
George Square, Glasgow, UK
Returns to original departure point
- Complimentary Tea or Coffee during scheduled break
- Professional guide
- Hotel Meet & Greet (City Centre - within a walk to George Sq only)
- Private walking tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entry/Admission - Gallery of Modern Art
- Entry/Admission - Glasgow Green
- Entry/Admission - Duke of Wellington Statue
- Entry/Admission - Glasgow Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - People's Palace and Winter Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Provand's Lordship
- Entry/Admission - St. Mungo Museum of Religious Life and Art
- Entry/Admission - Templeton's Carpet Factory
- Entry/Admission - The Necropolis
- Entry/Admission - Buchanan Street
- Entry/Admission - George Square
- Entry/Admission - St Andrew's Cathedral Glasgow
- Meet / drop-off from locations outside of City Centre (within a walk from George Sq)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Multi-lingual guide (English, Spanish, Russian)
- Please note that this is a walking tour without vehicle
- Glasgow Port (Greenock) pickup and return by private vehicle can be arranged for additional cost on request
- We can arrange vehicle hire for the tour for additional cost on request
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
When we booked our tour, they were very helpful and communicative. When all travel came to a standstill, they were very understanding and processed our refund straightaway. When we reschedule our trip to Scotland, there is no question we will contact them to take us on a tour of…
We only had 2 days in Glasgow and I'm so glad we took this tour with Elsa! We saw so much!! Great value considering it's a private tour! Thank you!
Date of experience: March 2020
From start to finish this tour was packed full of information, stories and things that blew my mind. Our guide was fantastic and gave us more for our money than we expected. I have lived in this great city for nearly 20 years and I learned more about it that day than I did…
Date of experience: November 2019
1 Helpful vote
Response from GlasgowPT, General Manager at Half-Day Private Glasgow Must-Sees Tour
Responded 7 Feb 2020
Thank you so much for such a glowing review, we had a great time showing you our wonderful city!
A wonderful walking tour with a great guide who gave us both the history and the back story of all the wonderful places in Glasgow. It was a highlight of our trip.
Date of experience: September 2019
Response from GlasgowPT, Manager at Half-Day Private Glasgow Must-Sees Tour
Responded 16 Nov 2019
Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us such a great review - I think that's one of our favourite headings for a review!
My Husband and I had a wonderful tour with Elsa yesterday! She was prompt in meeting us in our hotel lobby. She was beyond knowledgeable about current topics and history. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch together and enjoyed each others company. I hated seeing our tour come to an…
Date of experience: October 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Glasgow Private Tours
Glasgow with Elsa!
We were only in Glasgow for a day and half and our 5 hour tour with Elsa really covered it all! Elsa is so knowledg…
Had a tour of Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Glasgow University with Xharma. She was extremely knowledgeable and answe…
The highlight of our trip!
Thanks to the lovely Elsa, we enjoyed an enlightening and very engaging tour. Although the weather proved extremely…
Great Private Tour with Elsa
My husband and I really enjoyed our 3 hour walking tour with Elsa. She was very kind, had great energy and was very…
Glasgow walking Tour with Elsa
This tour was amazing, Elsa is a FANTASTIC guide. We got up close and personal with Glasgow, what a awesome city, i…
A wonderful day out.
World renowned artwork and sculptures. Fabulous Museum and historical organ concert most days. An amazing place to …
Walking tour of the west end
Zhanna was our guide , she met us at our hotel and we went by subway to the west end , she was very knowledgeable a…
Fantastic day tour of Glasgow with Personal Tours of Scotland
Our tour of Glasgow was arranged through Personal Tours of Scotland. Our contact was Brian who kept in touch with m…
Fantastic Tour of Glasgow
Our private tour was a great way to get our feet wet and immediately get a taste of the Scottish culture and histor…
Great Private Tour!!
Zhanna was fantastic, full of knowledge, personable, shared unique perspectives, and had a great sense of humor! Sh…
Glasgow Attractions Tour with Elsa
My family and I (6 adults and a tween) greatly enjoyed our 5-hour walking tour of Glasgow while docked on the Crown…
We had a private tour with Zhanna, a Russian guide, transplanted to Glasgow. It was a wonderful tour. I guess we …
Excellent tour with a friendly guide
We arranged to go on this tour in between arriving in Glasgow on the overnight Caledonian Sleeper train and before …
Superb Tour of Glasgow with Zhanna!!!
We had a fantastic tour of Glasgow with Zhanna. Since we were not very keen on walking, we had requested for the to…
Awesome, quick tour of Glasgow with Haley
We had a fantastic bite sized tour of Glasgow with Haley as our tour guide. Haley is actually an American who moved…
- Gallery of Modern Art, Glasgow Green, and 11 more
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 5,843 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 1,745 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 2,678 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Half-Day Private Glasgow Must-Sees Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Half-Day Private Glasgow Must-Sees Tour?
How much is Half-Day Private Glasgow Must-Sees Tour?
Half-Day Private Glasgow Must-Sees Tour price starts from US$140.33. Discover and book Half-Day Private Glasgow Must-Sees Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Half-Day Private Glasgow Must-Sees Tour cancellation policy?
Half-Day Private Glasgow Must-Sees Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Half-Day Private Glasgow Must-Sees Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Half-Day Private Glasgow Must-Sees Tour?
Half-Day Private Glasgow Must-Sees Tour is hosted by Glasgow Private Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Glasgow Private Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Half-Day Private Glasgow Must-Sees Tour on Tripadvisor