Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Focus on US battle sites in Normandy and hear the full story behind the World War II D-Day landings in one full day with this tour from Bayeux. There’s no worry about transportation as you journey to the American Cemetery, Omaha Beach, and other important sights by minivan, and learn details about each site in a personalized, small-group atmosphere. Several departure times and pickup from select locations adds ease.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Omaha BeachStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Pointe du HocStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Cimetiere Americain de Colleville-sur-MerStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Airborne MuseumStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Sainte-Mere-Eglise ChurchStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6Cimetiere Militaire Allemand de La CambeStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- Visit Normandy’s main US D-Day locations in just one day from Bayeux
- Travel to the American Cemetery, Omaha Beach, and other sites in comfort
- Hear testimonies and battle insight you might miss if going alone
- Tour limited to eight for personalized experience, with choice of departures
What to Expect
Book your preferred departure time and travel by air-conditioned minivan from Bayeux to Sainte-Mère-Eglise with a visit to its Airborne Museum, located on the site of the first US air landing of D-Day. Learn how paratroopers parachuted in the night before June 6, 1944, and hear the story of one of them: Private John Steele. Continue to Utah Beach, where the Fourth Infantry Division stormed the sands, and visit the German Cemetery, where 21,000 soldiers are buried. Explore Pointe du Hoc, the site of a German coastal battery, and hear how its guns were silenced by US rangers. Then, walk Omaha Beach and consider the courage of Allied forces who landed under heavy fire. Lastly, visit the Normandy American Cemetery and Visitor Center, where 9,387 US soldiers lie overlooking Omaha. Walk among the graves before your tour finishes at the start point in Bayeux.
- Pickup in Bayeux (hotel pick up only for the 8:30 am option)
- Professional guide
- Hotel drop off in Bayeux (for both options)
- Entry/Admission - Omaha Beach
- Entry/Admission - Pointe du Hoc
- Entry/Admission - Cimetiere Americain de Colleville-sur-Mer
- Entry/Admission - Airborne Museum
- Entry/Admission - Sainte-Mere-Eglise Church
- Entry/Admission - Cimetiere Militaire Allemand de La Cambe
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Please note that the tour departs from Bayeux - Normandy. There is no hotel pickup from Paris, only from Bayeux.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infant seats available
- Most travellers can participate
- NST provides you with masks as well as hydroalcoholic gel. Our vehicles are disinfected after each use and the distance is respected.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
Time of year
This tour was fantastic. Adrian was our tour guide and we had him all to ourselves. He was incredibly knowledgeable, professional, and friendly. We visited the German cemetery, Utah Beach, the Airborne museum in Sainte-Mère-Église, the American cemetery, and Omaha Beach, all…
Sometimes there is not much to be seen anymore, you have to imagine how it was. However, the knowledge, thoroughness and humor of our guide, Olivier C, made up for this. He was a superb guide, rich of stories and memories.
Date of experience: July 2020
First, kudos to our guide Antoine. He was extremely knowledgeable and was easy to engage with discussion. This was my second time in Normandy. The first time we winged it and just drove the sites. This was a far better experience getting the details of what we were looking at.…
1 Helpful vote
Great guide and it was exactly the experience we were hoping for. I would reccomend this to anyone looking for a great tour.
Date of experience: July 2020
1 Helpful vote
We were debating whether to get a tour company or go at it alone, during our visit to the Battle of Normandy. We are so thankful we went with Mathieu and this tour. He was so knowledgeable, gave accurate and logical thoughts and was able to disseminate a lot of information. We…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Normandy Sightseeing Tours
Informative tour with great guide
I struggled to find a tour from Bayeux to Omaha Beach at first, as many tour companies are currently not operating …
Excellent and informative day in Normandy
Excellent itinerary with a very knowledgeable guide (Adrian) who knew everything about WW2 and spoke fluent English…
D Day tour
What a fabulous day we had, Matt picked us up from our Bayeux hotel, bang on time. Although British we had booked …
Great Guide and Lots of Meaningful Information
Adrien was a wonderful and knowledgeable guide. We were not staying in one of the hotels that was listed for pickup…
Learn the Myths and Facts of Mont Ste Michel
Our tour guide, Adrian, was extremely knowledgeable of the Normandy area and spoke English well. We had a detour o…
Tour guide was excellent! Was on time. Very, very knowledgeable. Did a great job. I was amazed at the accessibi…
Romain provided the most outstanding experience. He was waiting for us, clearly identifiable, at the Bayeux Station…
Day well spent
Did the late start tour with Normandy Sightseeing Tours from Bayeux. Picked up by our guide Celine, she was informa…
Great day in Normandy
Took a day trip on the train from Paris (2hrs) and had an incredible day in Normandy. Our guide was super knowledga…
A perfect day I will never forget in Normandy
I wish I could give this tour 6 stars as Romain provided an unforgettable day. Romain met our train at Bayeux and …
Interesting, fun and a great value
We only had time for a half day tour, as we had to train in from Paris, and couldn't be more pleased with our guid…
Mt St Michel 1/5/20
We had a wonderful tour to Mt St Michel with our guide Romain. It was a bit of a ride from Bayeux but he took us on…
Americans Should Take This Tour
It was a great tour. We were told by our guide a lot of Americans don't do this tour. If you don't do it, you mis…
Best Tour Guide
Our tour guide, Adriane, was extremely knowledgeable and made our experience very memorable. He spoke English very…
A very imformative tour, which took us to all the important D-Day locations, our guide was friendly and very knowle…
- Duration: 9h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, French
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 7 days in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
from MYR 72.45*
Popular: Booked by 421 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Normandy Battlefields Tour - American Sites
Which attractions will I visit with Normandy Battlefields Tour - American Sites?
How much is Normandy Battlefields Tour - American Sites?
Normandy Battlefields Tour - American Sites price starts from RM 561.59. Discover and book Normandy Battlefields Tour - American Sites on Tripadvisor
What is the Normandy Battlefields Tour - American Sites cancellation policy?
Normandy Battlefields Tour - American Sites cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book Normandy Battlefields Tour - American Sites on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Normandy Battlefields Tour - American Sites?
Normandy Battlefields Tour - American Sites is hosted by Normandy Sightseeing Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Normandy Sightseeing Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Normandy Battlefields Tour - American Sites on Tripadvisor