Rostock Private Walking Tour
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (5)
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 15)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Meeting point: by the Seagulls' Fountain in the New Market Square or Meeting Point at hotel possible if central, without extra charge Duration: 2h Maximum 25 participants per Guide You will see: • Town Hall • Seagull’s Fountain • St. Mary’s Church • St. Petri Church • Old City Fortification • Regional Court • University Square You will learn about: • The history of the city • The name of the city • Its importance as member of the Hanseatic League • The bombings during the WWII
You'll start at
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Town Hall Rostock - local exchange center in city centerStop: 2 hours - Admission excludedStart the tour in the New Market Square, one of the most picturesque places in Rostock. Admire the mixt baroque and gothic style of the Town Hall with its 7 towers, or let your guide tell you the story of the Seagulls' Fountain with its figures, representing Neptune, the god of the sea and his sons. Continue your walk until you reach one of the highlights of Rostock, the St. Mary's Church. This is the only main Rostock church to survive WWII air raids. Don't miss its famous astrological clock built in the 15th century. Proceed all the way to St Petri Church, whose tower was a landmark for all the fishermen in the area. Its Gothic spire was destroyed during WWII and rebuilt later on, now being one of the main attractions for all the tourists coming to Rostock. Don't hesitate and take the elevator all the way up, 117 meters, for a very special panoramic view. Follow your guide to see some parts of the old city's fortifications, when the stone and brick wall used to encircle an area of around one square kilometer. Some parts of the wall are still standing with its ramparts stretched out with built-in guard houses and a section of the wooden wall-walk. Continuing along the wall you will reach the Stone Gate, a Dutch Renaissance city gate, built on the foundation of the former southern main gate. Admire the seals and symbols of the city on the inner side of the gate or read the motto written on one of the walls: “Sit intra te concordia et publica felicitas” (“May harmony and prosperity reign within your walls”). Continue your stroll until you reach the “the place to be”: University Square, with its Fountain of Happiness and many university buildings, including the handsome terracotta Hauptgebäude. The university itself is the oldest on the Baltic, founded in 1419. We will finish the tour on the Kröpeliner Street, a shop-filled, cobblestone pedestrian street with many cozy places to enjoy some quality shopping.Read more
You'll end at
See address & details
- Local Guide who will be with your group only
- Private guided Tour
- Entry/Admission - Town Hall Rostock - local exchange center in city center
- Wheelchair accessible
- This walk tour suitable for any age
- For this walk tour no transportation needed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Global Guide Services
Dear GGS-Team thanks for a great guide in Vienna!
We were a group of 9 in Vienna and needed a Russian-speaking guide for a city tour. Booking procedure was quick and…
BEST Tour Guide EVER!
Our guide, Stefanie A, was the BEST walking tour guide I've EVER had. She is classy, well-spoken and eloquent and a…
We are a group of 13 (12 students and 1 instructor) from a Texas community college and used Ggs for private transfe…
This was a very personal tour with a private tour guide and the two of us. Timing was right on target! The tour gui…
Private walks in a city.
Here in Silver Tray - Bespoke European Rail Journeys we sell train vacations including trains, hotels, transfers an…
We always like walking tours and this was no exception. Alla was a great guide; patient and informative. We loved o…
A hidden gem
Bamberg is.one of the best kept secrets in Germany. It is not hard to find a little or big surprise around every co…
Munich public walking tour
Dorothea was very knowledgeable and took us to some great places. You have to see the surfers at the English Garden…
In Germany, for business trip or family journay I had the opportunity to visit many city. I suggest you to go in Co…
I’ve had the pleasure of organizing several tours with GGS and I’ve never been disappointed. Sergie (my last guide)…
Augsburg Morning walk
This was a great morning stroll from my hotel through the artisan community and to the old city. The tour guide was…
Guide was knowledgeable and pleasant. He walked all the highlights with us and answered questions. Very pleasant pe…
Wear your walking shoes
We enjoyed our Tour guide. We got an inside tour of there wonderful artifacts. He shared intersesting stories, and…
We have been working with GGS - Siavash for the past 2 years now, availing guides, assistance and even transport at…
WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH GGS
We worked with GGS for few of our tours, but we are already impressed with the swift and good service they have pro…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, German
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427