Schwerin Private Walking Tour
Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (5)
Select Date and Travellers
per group (up to 15)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Welcome to Schwerin, the city surrounded by 7 lakes, the smallest land capital of Germany. Under 100 000 inhabitants this town holds history from the 10th century. Schwerin has existed since at least 1018 and was recognized as a city in 1160. It is known for its romantic Schwerin Palace, crowning an island in Lake Schwerin. The city also has a largely intact old town, suffering only minor damage during World War II. In this tour you will discover the highlights of the area Schwerin, walk its beautiful streets and learn more about its history by visiting the impressive Schwerin Castle.
You'll start at
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Schwerin Castle (Schweriner Schloss)Stop: 2 hours - Admission excludedPrepare your cameras because our tour starts with the jewel of this area: the romantic Schwerin Castle, nicknamed "Neuschwanstein of the North". Explore the inside of this romantic fairytale fortress that is placed in the middle of the main lake of Schwerin. The first mention in documents of this castle appears in 973. It was only after 1160 that the city was actually established and the castle was rebuilt in the shape of the now impressive Schwerin Castle. Follow your guide to the State Museum, with its splendid Gallery of Old and New Masters, a real must-see for all art-lovers, with more than 100 000 works of art. After this cultural feast, we will pass the Schwerin Theater built in the 18th century. Pass the Main Market Square where you are going to also see the City Hall of Schwerin and end our tour at the Schwerin Cathedral, formerly a Roman Catholic cathedral as old as the city itself, built in the 13th century, dedicated to the Virgin Mary and Saint John. During Medieval times, the cathedral was famous across Europe as a place of pilgrimage due to a reliquary that reputedly held a drop of Christ's blood.Read more
You'll end at
See address & details
- Local Guide who will be with your group only
- Private guided Tour
- Entry/Admission - Schwerin Castle (Schweriner Schloss)
- Wheelchair accessible
- This walk tour suitable for any age
- For this walk tour no transportation needed
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This tour has not yet been reviewed, but you can read what other travellers have to say about this operator.
By: Global Guide Services
Dear GGS-Team thanks for a great guide in Vienna!
We were a group of 9 in Vienna and needed a Russian-speaking guide for a city tour. Booking procedure was quick and…
BEST Tour Guide EVER!
Our guide, Stefanie A, was the BEST walking tour guide I've EVER had. She is classy, well-spoken and eloquent and a…
We are a group of 13 (12 students and 1 instructor) from a Texas community college and used Ggs for private transfe…
This was a very personal tour with a private tour guide and the two of us. Timing was right on target! The tour gui…
Private walks in a city.
Here in Silver Tray - Bespoke European Rail Journeys we sell train vacations including trains, hotels, transfers an…
We always like walking tours and this was no exception. Alla was a great guide; patient and informative. We loved o…
A hidden gem
Bamberg is.one of the best kept secrets in Germany. It is not hard to find a little or big surprise around every co…
Munich public walking tour
Dorothea was very knowledgeable and took us to some great places. You have to see the surfers at the English Garden…
In Germany, for business trip or family journay I had the opportunity to visit many city. I suggest you to go in Co…
I’ve had the pleasure of organizing several tours with GGS and I’ve never been disappointed. Sergie (my last guide)…
Augsburg Morning walk
This was a great morning stroll from my hotel through the artisan community and to the old city. The tour guide was…
Guide was knowledgeable and pleasant. He walked all the highlights with us and answered questions. Very pleasant pe…
Wear your walking shoes
We enjoyed our Tour guide. We got an inside tour of there wonderful artifacts. He shared intersesting stories, and…
We have been working with GGS - Siavash for the past 2 years now, availing guides, assistance and even transport at…
WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH GGS
We worked with GGS for few of our tours, but we are already impressed with the swift and good service they have pro…
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, German
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427