Support this operator
Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a thoughtful review or posting photos of your favourite tours and experiences. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road.
View all photos (21)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Etna volcano is one of the most coveted destinations for technical hikers. Our excursion to the summit craters is the top of trekking Etna, in Sicily. The beauty of this spectacular painting created by the forces of nature leaves hikers completely without breath. This memory will never be erased. Throughout the day a guide will describe in English the places visited. The emotion once arrived at the top is strong, unforgettable.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Mount EtnaStop: 6 hours - Admission includedTrekking itinerary Etna summit craters: We will take the cable car from a height of 1920m to reach 2500m altitude. Here we will trek up to 2920 m. The first stop will be made at the hot crater of 2002, which overlooks the big and old caldera “Valle del Bove”. Our Trekking to the craters of the summit starts here, reaching about 3350 meters. You will find yourself in a lunar landscape on the highest point of Sicily. In addition, we will make a descent on the craters of pyroclastic sand. We will pass by the famous crater of 2001 and from here begins our descent by cable car to the altitude of 1920m and equipped with helmets and flashlights you will enjoy an unforgettable experience visiting a real lava cave.Read more
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Fuel surcharge
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (Catania or Taormina)
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Entry/Admission - Mount Etna
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Type of trekking Etna: ring (the same starting and ending point).
- Stages: Sapienza Refuge – craters 2002 – view Valle del Bove – summit craters – crater 2001 – back.
- Elevation: approximately + 500m, -1000m, over 12km.
- Travel time: approximately 7 hours, 09h00 – 16h00.
- Altitude: 1920m> 2500m by cable car, 2500m> 2920m by 4 × 4 bus and trek to Etna summit.
- Difficulty: very difficult level.
- Minimum age is 18 years
- The excursion to the summit crater zone is dangerous, forbidden to those with heart diseases and asthma.
- Recommended equipment:
- UV3 sunglasses, hiking shoes, gloves, hat, sunscreen, 3-layer clothing (for different temperatures during the tour), water and food.
- Conditions of the offer: The Tour is available from May to September. It is a group tour that will be offered only with a minimum of 5 participants.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
I booked the trip online and communication from go-etna was really good (apart from a misunderstanding that meant that some of it involved emails in German!) The organisation was excellent, from pickup to drop off in the afternoon, with three guides to a group of around 15 of…
Date of experience: July 2019
Our guide, Francesco was phenomenal! When he picked us up in the morning, it already felt like he was an old friend. The trip was amazing, albeit rather technical. There was a gift shop open early at the base of the lift where we bought a wind jacket, gloves, a toque, and…
Date of experience: May 2019
Response from Go-EtnaTeam, Guest Relations Manager at Etna Summit Trekking 3350m
Responded 21 May 2019
Hi!, We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us this note. Our company values put customer satisfaction as top priority and we are committed to our customers. Its customers like you that make our job wonderful. We look forward to serving you again.
I booked this tour online and got confirmation straight away. The day before I received a text message and an email confirming pick up time from my hotel. The driver/guide turned up a few minutes late and was very apologetic (there was lots of traffic) and we began our journey…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
Our guide was super friendly and knowledgeable, would highly recommend these guys for a trip up Mt. Etna.
An informative and enjoyable tour.
A really good time. The German lady behind the counter was knowledgeable, helpful and spoke perfect English. The g…
Exciting and informative trip with Salvo from Catania to Mt. Etna
Salvo was the perfect guide. He is a great driver, an experienced volcanologist, and has a wonderful sense of humo…
Jim & Tina
Great trip to Mt Etna today. Christian was very knowledgable, fun, friendly but professional. We learned a lot and …
our familiy booked the Etna tour for the hole day. It was a perfect orginized tour with lots of beautiful impressio…
A Real Etna Experience
We booked this tour as part of our family weekend with eight people in Taormina. Francesco - the guide - picked us …
4x4 half day tour
Highly recommend to book the tour to experience the beauty of Etna with your own eyes. The tour was great, it’s sui…
Half Day Etna Tour
The team at Go-Etna was great at organising our tour to this fascinating place. Even though due to weather conditio…
Really great hike and drive. Kids had a lot of fun and we got some great pics and video.
Antonio was perfect - brought all the boosters and car seats as well as a ton of fascinating information about the …
Great Mount Etna trip!
We booked a day trip out of Catania in Sicily. They came and picked us up at our hotel, right at the appointed tim…
Thank you for a great day. I can highly recommend the company Go Etna. The whole organisation of the tour was very …
Excellent way to see Mount Etna
Four of us took the half day tour of Mt. Etna. We were joined by many others for a group total of 6-7 jeeps. Go Etn…
A great way to experience Mt Etna
Salvo was an absolute legend - 7 friends and I booked a half day jeep tour with Go-Etna and had a great experience.…
More than just volcano
First things first: thanks a lot to Salvo our great guide! He did a fantastic job and made the whole trip 10x bette…
One of our best days of the 7 week trip!
We did the Emotion 3000 tour last week and we are still thinking about what a nice day it was. It is run very smoo…
- Duration: 7h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, French, Italian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427