Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (49)
Book by August 29 to save 13% off our previously offered price!
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Checking out both ancient Delphi and Meteora from Athens by yourself would probably take three or more days by rental car. Ideal for those with limited time in Athens, this tour allows you to visit these two UNESCO-listed treasures with ease—in just two days. Travel by air-conditioned coach, learn about each site via guided commentary, and enjoy two meals and overnight accommodation in a 3- or 4-star hotel.
Athens - Delphi (visit) -...
Meteora - Athens
- Visit UNESCO-listed Delphi and Meteora in just two days from Athens
- Travel with ease by comfortable coach and enjoy guided tours at the sites
- Gain more insight into the ruins and sites than you would independently
- Great value: 3- or 4-star hotel, two meals, and entry fees included
What to Expect
Visit two of Greece’s UNESCO-protected wonders on this 2-day tour from Athens. On Day 1, depart central Athens and travel to ancient Delphi, once a base of the Delphic oracle and considered the center of the world by ancient Greeks. Take a guided tour of the Temple of Apollo and the ruins on the slopes of Mt. Parnassus, and learn about the site’s history and function. Following a lunch break, continue to Kalambaka and, after an evening at leisure and overnight at a local hotel, spend the next morning exploring UNESCO-listed Meteora, home to six medieval monasteries built on high rock pinnacles. Visit two of the monasteries with a guide to learn why and how they were built before your drive back to Athens, where your tour ends at the original departure point.
Hotel Amalia Athens, Leoforos Vasilisis Amalias 10, Athina 105 57, Greece
Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional guide
- Overnight accommodation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Entrance tickets to Delphi archaelogical site
- Entrance tickets to two Meteora Monasteries
- WiFi on board
- Entry/Admission - Mount Parnassus
- Entry/Admission - Delphi
- Entry/Admission - Great Meteoron Monastery
- Entry/Admission - Varlaam Monastery
- Lunch meals
- Surcharge : Overnight stay tax Euro 3 per room per night (starting from 01/01/18)
- Pick up from Piraeus port, airport, airbnb and apartments
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Due to COVID19 protocols all tourists must have smartphones with headphones and charged batteries to listen their guide in the museums and arch. sites due to the social distancies.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Port or private apartment pickup are not available
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- French speaking available ONLY on Wednesday
- Very important: Children , students aged 5 to 18 years old must hold passport or ID in order to get the discounted price. Otherwise they will pay entrance ticket to the Archaelogical sites or Museums.
- Guides allowed only through the mobile App to guide in the archaeological sites and museums
- Your guide will give you your entry tickets to the sites and museums
- One room will be allocated per booking; if more than one room is required please do separate bookings
- Mask: is mandatory for clients and staff
- Hand cleaning: Visitors are asked to wash their hands regularly and use the hand sanitizers that are in place.
- Social distancing: Maintain distance of 1.5 meters
- People with fever (≧ 37 ℃) with issues like cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat, mild cough, or shortness breath cannot participate.
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 24 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We enjoyed our trip to Delphi and Meteora. Our guides and drivers were excellent and professional. Lot's of interesting information and places to visit. One but important disadvantage of this trip was accomodation for the night: we were dropped at 18:00 at Amalia hotel which was…
Date of experience: March 2020
We started on a bus with a group of people doing just the one day Delphi tour. After touring the Delphi area, which was very interesting, we joined a group who was on a four day tour to go on to Meteora. Both sites were amazingly beautiful and interesting— well worth the…
Date of experience: February 2020
1. I am glad I went. Delphi was interesting, Meteora was spectacular, stunning. 2. The guides worked hard to do their job.The driver was provided a safe ride 3. The bus was very uncomfortable, too small, crammed, no space for day packs except at your feet and inadequate leg…
I started out with a group of 1-day Delphi trip. After visiting Delphi, the company arranged me to join another group of people who were on their 5-day trip package. Meteora is magnificent. Additionally, I met a few friendly and interesting people during the tour and we went on…
Response from Chatours1, Reservation Agent at 2-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens
Responded 13 Jan 2020
Hello from Chat Tours, We thank you for your kind words, We are very please that you enjoyed your tour with us and had a memorable experience. With best regards, Kostas Papas
I really enjoyed and meeting with others travellers Bus driver and guide were helpful and patient with us. The hotel Was clean and food was good. It's a great way to go on this tour if time is limited.
Date of experience: April 2019
Response from Chatours1, Reservation Department at 2-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens
Responded 19 Dec 2019
Hello from Chat Tours, Thank you for your excellent review . We appreciate your positive and warm comments like yours, as you encourage our team to continue the hard work . We wish you all the best and we are looking forward to see you again. Kind regards, Julia Petridou
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Chat Tours
Fantastic!!!!! Very informative guide! Tour included a stop in Nafplio which was amazing! My husband and I opted no…
Great Tour To View The 3 Islands
It was great for the non VIP price. Crew were great and as was the on board entertainment. Hydra was the best out o…
Although it is a litle bit rushed, if you can walk around quickly, you can have a good look and enjoy some shopping…
Well worth the money. A great value
The ride was nice and comfortable. The guide was very nice and knowledgeable. Just overall an extremely pleasant ex…
Worthwhile trip / site
A bit of a long windy bus ride but worth it and know that going in (and if you get motion sickness - be prepared). …
Relaxing 4 days , a good choice
This is a good choice if you are interested in history and want to relax with your parter . The guide is always he…
Magnificent sites & fun
The cruise was a great way to see some of the islands and explore the culture. The crew, band, and tour guides wer…
Best way to see the islands in ONE day
If you have only one day to spare, this is the best way to see the islands. If you have 2-3 days to spare, better …
Great overview for greece
This is a great trip for a quick overview of mainland greece. We saw a lot of the main attraction with little fuss …
Joy was an awesome guide! Loved hearing all the history about Athens and some of the sights around the city. Amazin…
Fantastic tour. Excellent value for money.Good quality hotels. Learnt a lot from Tour guide Dimitria
We had a wonderful time on this tour. We were on the go a lot but it was worth it as we saw and learnt so much. The…
Must use their tours with amazing guides
Just returned from half day sightseeing tour with Acropolis with tour guide Nancy who was a fountain of knowledge. …
The tour was great and the guide extremely knowledgeable. Delphi, in and for itself, was just ok as far as ruins go…
The trip was very informative and well organized, and was a great way to see these amazing sites. We stopped at t…
This was a nice way to end our trip to Athens. The ship was nice and the staff was helpful. We didnt like the food …
- Mount Parnassus, Delphi, and 3 more
- Duration: 2 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 3,381 travellers!
from $545.77* $593.23
Popular: Booked by 3,424 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 9,769 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about 2-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens
What time does 2-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens start?
2-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens will start at 8:30 AM. Discover and book 2-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with 2-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book 2-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens on Tripadvisor
How much is 2-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens?
2-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens price starts from US$212.60. Discover and book 2-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens on Tripadvisor
What is the 2-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens cancellation policy?
2-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens cancellation policy: If you cancel at least 7 days in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee. If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee. If you cancel within 2 days of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee. Discover and book 2-Day Trip to Delphi and Meteora from Athens on Tripadvisor