Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (46)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price Guarantee
Santorini boasts a rich history and traditional villages that can be difficult to explore without a rental car. Delve into its past and southern villages with ease on this private tour, with a guide to share their stories and secrets. Explore Pyrgos, Megalochori, and Emporio; tour Akrotiri’s Minoan ruins, and enjoy food and wine tastings. A choice of departures, plus hotel and port pickup and drop-off, make everything extra convenient.
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Castelli of PyrgosStop: 40 minutes -See details
- 2Megalochori - Traditional VillageStop: 40 minutes -See details
- 3Castelli of EmporioStop: 40 minutes -See details
- 4Akrotiri Archaeological SiteStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Faros MarketStop: 40 minutes -See detailsPass by Santorini Road Trips
- Explore Santorini’s ancient history and villages on a private tour
- Discover hidden gems many miss, without transport fuss and with a guide
- See Akrotiri’s ruins, visit old villages, and taste food and wine at a farm
- Choice of departures and hotel or port pickup and drop-off for convenience
- Cold bottled water
- Homemade wine tasting accompanied by handmade organic products
- Experienced local driver/guide
- Private transportation by air-conditioned & deluxe van
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Maps & live commentary
- Free admission to Akrotiri Archaeological Site
- Entry/Admission - Akrotiri Archaeological Site
- Cable car tickets (6 EUR per person, per ride) for cruise ship travelers
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- English speaking driver/guide
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Pick up for cruise ship passengers will be from the cruise port cable car exit. Your driver/guide will be holding a sign with the lead passenger name written on
- Your guide/driver is not allowed to guide within Akrotiri's Excavations. You may hire one of the licensed guides in Archaeology provided by the site
- Post Covid-19 policy: Vehicles will be sanitized before every service - Alcohol based sanitizer will be in every vehicle - Hand sanitizing after each stop and before each departure - Travelers and guide/driver to wear facemarks and follow all health and safety guidelines - Fresh trash bag will be in every vehicle and waste disposed at the end of each service
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Thank you Michael for a great tour this past Friday! You know your stuff and were super helpful with local advice too. You and made it all very enjoyable. Thanks again! Wendy
Date of experience: October 2019
We had a fantastic tour of some the less visited sites in Santorini with Nik. He was extremely knowledgeable, and very personable. We particularly loved the stop at Faros Market for a tour of the winery and some very tasty treats and wine pairings (and freshly picked figs),…
Date of experience: September 2019
Very much enjoyed the tour and my guide, Dimitris, was wonderful. Nice to get away from the crowds in Oia and see the beauty of Santorini villages, learn some history and have a knowledgeable local to answer my questions in English. Appreciated ending day at Faros farm for wine…
We took a half-day tour after arriving in Santorini the prior evening. Not only did we get an excellent introduction to the island and many of it's top sites, but we also got an amazing series of photos taken of us by our guide. Thanks so much for the great day.
Date of experience: September 2019
My wife and I booked a cultural sightseeing tour with Santorini Road Trips and it was the best tour we went on during our entire Greece trip. It was better than our sunset cruise and even a historical tour we went on in Athens. The tour guide, Nikolaos, was friendly,…
Date of experience: August 2019
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Santorini Road Trips
Absolutely worth it!
Nikolas was the best guide we had on our entire trip. He took us to the most amazing places in Santorini for pictu…
Best Guided Trip We've Been On!
Santorini Road Trips was the perfect tour for me and my wife on our first trip to Santorini (part of a cruise trip)…
Our Santorini day tour
Nikolas was excellent.... the best tour guide of our entire trip... we got off the ship early; and he was waiting f…
Best vacation ever!
My sister and I have taken many vacations together and Santorini was the best one yet! Our hotel was a stone throw …
Best Tour/guide Ever
We took a tour with Nadia Dominique Vailou as our guide. She was the absolute best. She took us all around Santor…
Santorini Road Trips
We had an amazing day in Santorini thanks to Michael our tour guide.He was super knowledgeable and very friendly.He…
Worth the money!
My husband and I were on our honeymoon, first time to Santorini, and we had no idea how much the island had to offe…
Best private tour ever. Highly recommended
We had the 5h private tour of Santorini with Michael as a guide (two adults and one 10-year-old). What a wonderful…
This was a great private tour! Panagiota was our tour guide/driver and was very friendly and knowledgable. Made t…
Dimitris was AMAZING!!!!
One of the best private tours I have been on!!! Dimitris was friendly from the minute he met us, he made us feel co…
Our tour guide is very knowledgeable about Santorini. He explain very well the history of Santorini. He took us to …
Best part of Santorini
I could not speak more highly of this tour! To start, when our requested date was unavailable the owner, George, ca…
Simply the Best Private Tour Ever
Santorini Road Trips is simply one of the absolute best private tour companies anywhere in the world. We booked the…
Highly recommend this private tour company. Our guide Nikolas was great. Very friendly and knowledgeable. Also took…
Santorini private tour
Nadia our tour guide was one of the best we have ever had. She is truly passionate about making sure you see all t…
- Duration: 5h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 5,071 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 6,748 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 289 travellers!
Private Sightseeing Tours
Popular: Booked by 985 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 103 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations
Which attractions will I visit with Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations?
How much is Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations?
Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations price starts from US$155.14. Discover and book Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations cancellation policy?
Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations?
Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations is hosted by Santorini Road Trips. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Santorini Road Trips on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Private Cultural Villages Sightseeing & Akrotiri Excavations on Tripadvisor