This product is unavailable to book via Tripadvisor. Contact the supplier for availability.
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Travel safe during COVID-19
Visit our Travel Safe hub to see how we're helping you make more informed travel decisions during COVID-19.
- You'll start atGumpendorfer Str. 16Gumpendorfer Str. 16, 1060 Wien, AustriaMeeting Point in front of Cafe SperlSee address & details
- 1Food Tours ViennaStop: 4 hoursDiscover Austrian most delicious dishes and wines. The coffee house is a natural place for a good start of the day. You will experience one of the last traditional cafes remaining in its original state. From there, we will visit a few more places in the surrounding neighborhoods, which include a stop at the famous Naschmarket where we taste a variety of Austrian cheese. Get an introduction to the culture of Austrian cuisine through the great variety of ingredients (which are mostly local and seasonal) on display. Enjoy Eating and drinking like a local. Our next stop will be at “Leberkas - Pepi“. You will enjoy traditional leberkäs and sides. To sweeten you up we will discover one of the best and last candy manufacturies in Austria. After a short walk, you will be ready for a glass (or three) of wine. In the surroundings of a historical cellar, we will taste three Austrian wines. Short visits to a typical bakery and an artisan chocolate shop will follow. Finally, we will visit a butcher shop where we will sample Austrian bacon and ham. This tour will give you a taste of the traditional side of Austrian cuisine. Taste Come thirsty and hungry! You will have several tastings, including a variety of local cheeses, cured meats, and lovely pralines. Drinks which will be tasted include a bottle of water and three nice Austrian wines. Come hungry, and don't bother to make lunch plans afterwards but foor dinner we will be happy to help you to find the perfect restaurant for you.Read morePass byHistoric Center of Vienna
- You'll end atDoktor-Karl-Lueger-PlatzDr.-Karl-Lueger-Platz, 1010 Wien, AustriaSee address & details
Gumpendorfer Str. 16, 1060 Wien, Austria
Doktor-Karl-Lueger-Platz, Dr.-Karl-Lueger-Platz, 1010 Wien, Austria
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Local guide
- Coffee and/or Tea
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The tour was barely a tour. We had some bread, some cheap meat and some chocolate samples. The highlight if you want to call it that, is the guide takes you to his private wine cellar where you get to try two $10 bottles of wine. Do not take this tour. Really not worth the…
Date of experience: December 2019
2 Helpful votes
Wish I had thoroughly read the reviews before booking. Just to preface, my husband and I have been on over 20 food tours around the world. We were the only 2 people on the tour. We've never been on an empty food tour, which was our first red flag. This was our least favorite…
1 Helpful vote
I got this food tour as a birthday present, me and my man are locals, so we really looking forward if there are some new places to go in Vienna. And yes, also as a local our guide Lukas find a few places, which we haven't seen before. It was a nice tour and we met very friendly…
Date of experience: August 2019
I wish we had more choice where to go and what to taste. It was strictly guide’s decision. Some of the food, like horse meat, was totally off and made me feel uncomfortable.
Date of experience: July 2019
Response from Lukas H, Owner at Classic Food Tour of Vienna
Responded 2 Aug 2019
Hey there. Thank you for leaving a review. Regarding your issue with the strict tour stops. We kinda need to stick to the same places as we want every customer to have the same experience. Otherwise this reviews never would make sense. I can always recommend to read the itinerary before booking a tour on. Also i can understand that it‘s difficult to immerse into a new eating culture. I give my best to explain why we eat horse in Austria and why its sustainable and total ok. Also we serve pork at this stop for the ones who won’t try horse. As our other tours don’t include horse meat you might should have booked one of that. Anyway thanks again for letting us know what you didn’t like. Kind regards Lukas from FTV
We had a lovely time with Lukas and felt he opened doors for us to places we’d never have seen. Interesting insights, especially about wine. Nice pace to the tour. Ate enough bites for both breakfast and lunch.
Date of experience: July 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Food Tours Vienna
took this wine tasting tour with two of my friends. Great experience, definetely recommend it to those who live in …
An excellent way to spend an evening in Austria
Good fun tour. Learned a lot about Australian wine which was the purpose of the tour. The information before you …
Lovely tour of off the beaten track wine spots in Vienna.
We were in Vienna for a few days only and being wine lovers but not knowing anything about Austrian wine, we though…
Excellent! Would recommend doing this tour when you first arrive as you get a lot of tips on how to spend the rest …
Educational and enjoyable
Our tour guide Lukas, has received mixed reviews on Trip Advisor, which almost put us off booking to be honest. But…
Simply the best Walking Talking Drinking
The entire evening proved to be a fantastic experience. The Company gelled the guide was not just knowledgeable he…
Unfortunately.. Very lame tour
Should have been such a great way to get to know Vienna and get an overview of the food scene. Our guide was not ve…
The tour was only two couples, nice small group. We met Lukas at the appointed time and he was very cordial. From t…
Fun, informative and tasty tour of Vienna neighbourhood
Lucas was a great guide - a trained chef himself, he knows what he is talking about. We did the Grazl tour with a …
Excellent afternoon of food and beer!
We were two couples visiting Vienna for a weekend. We booked the food tour followed by the beer tour and had the be…
Great food tour
A knowledgable host, a small group and interesting tasting made this a great tour. One of the best that we've done.
We thoroughly enjoyed this walking food tour of Vienna. We had expected the usual Viennese foods, strudels etc but …
The stops on this food tour were perfect as we sampled bread, aged dried ham, chocolates, open faced sandwiches wit…
My partner and I had such a great time. The food experience was yummy. Getting to try different flavors. At the …
Secret wine cellar
Good tour, tasted food in places we wouldn’t have found. One of the highlights was being taken to a secret wine cel…
- Duration: 4h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, German
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
from MYR 269.10*
Popular: Booked by 9,776 travellers!