Biking on the roads and highways around the mountain we call Wy'East -- after the Indigenous name -- has been described as one of the most beautiful rides in the world. From stunning vistas to a profusion of summer wildflowers to towering forests and lakes glinting through the trees. Small waterfalls tumble down the sides of the andesite lava walls of the mountain; valleys with countless mountains rolling away in the distance are all around. We offer routes at 23, 40 and 60 miles depending on your interests and the group, with some significant elevation change but more downhill than up. E-bikes are an option. Cycling Wy'East is an exercise in approachable adventure; with 23-60 miles (40-100 km) of riding from near the timberline down into the nearly sea level town of Hood River. Our adventure is adjustable for your experience level but this is the most challenging of our many bike tours and anyone's day tours offered from Portland. Lunch stop, on your own, is part of the day.
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Ages 16-120, max of 10 per group
Start time: Check availability
Live guide: English
What's not included
- Use of bicycle
- Use of helmets, bike repair kit, and panniers if necessary
- Coffee for the morning
- Plenty of snacks
- Gratuities for your guide
- We will have the opportunity to purchase lunch on the way
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- We will contact you before your trip to arrange pickup if you do not select to meet at our shop in the inner Eastside Hawthorne neighborhood. Both are very accessible by several transit lines or by walking from downtown and inner Eastside lodging. There is some neighborhood parking on the street and paid lots in the blocks adjacent to both meeting spots.
- 833 SE Main St, Portland, OR 97214, USA Around Portland Tours shop #124
- Director Park, 815 SW Park Ave, Portland, OR 97205, USA SW 9th Avenue, Director Park
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 126203P20
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- How much is Viator Exclusive: Wyeast Adventure Cycling in Portland?
- Viator Exclusive: Wyeast Adventure Cycling in Portland price starts from RM 888.27. Discover and book Viator Exclusive: Wyeast Adventure Cycling in Portland on Tripadvisor
- What is the Viator Exclusive: Wyeast Adventure Cycling in Portland cancellation policy?
- Viator Exclusive: Wyeast Adventure Cycling in Portland cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Viator Exclusive: Wyeast Adventure Cycling in Portland on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Viator Exclusive: Wyeast Adventure Cycling in Portland?
- Viator Exclusive: Wyeast Adventure Cycling in Portland is hosted by Around Portland Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Around Portland Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Viator Exclusive: Wyeast Adventure Cycling in Portland on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 126203P20
Reserve your spot
About the operator
Around Portland Tours
Portland, United States
Joined in March 2019
#3 of 131 Outdoor Activities in Portland
- jascobill00Do this tour !This was a great tour and Edwin was an amazing guide. I would recommend taking this tour. Bring a jacket and some water.
- Nomad2521467397500exploring beautiful Downtown Portland on a chilly daysuch a great tour for a chilly day! the chocolate stops were unusual and sooo good, very small business focused; I felt like I was really exploring the heart of downtown Portland’s business culture as well as learning a lot about the city and eating and drinking delicious things!
- alexandervH1415MR00Amazing Fall Waterfall TourWonderful experience, Anna is very knowledgeable and personable with her tours. We got to do this particular option for the second time, this time in fall, and she made sure to tailor the stops to do a few new stops. The nature was again beautiful.
- Sandy K00Fun, exciting adventureOur tour guide Felipo was awesome and plus an amazing photographer too. Am glad my friend and I decided to do this half day tour. My friend is in love with Oregon and wants to come back to explore more.
- j-rump600Love nature, but limited on time, and want to get the most out of PortlandI an avid lover of nature and hiker. I chose to do this trip on my one leisure day in Portland and was not disappointed. It was a beautiful easy to moderate hike pending your level of fitness that wound you through a very manageable 1000 foot elevation change leaving you with beautiful views of Portland from above. It was gorgeous temperate rainforest the whole way that you would be hard pressed to find in another city center. We finished in the rose garden which allowed me to easily continue my adventure into the beautiful Japanese gardens. My guide, Edwin, was fantastic. He is a very elective, interesting man, that has a vast knowledge of Portlands history from a million years ago to today depending how far you want to delve. You would be lucky to be paired with him. Highly recommend this trip.
- De-Nadsy00Perfect tripPerfect trip from start to finish. Carrie was super lovely and informative throughout the trip. I’ve learnt so much more about Portland and nature. She took us to 5 waterfalls and a beautiful viewpoint. We were offered water and snacks. It was just perfect!
- Traveler75126700The best experience!Stunningly beautiful Carrie was a wonderful tour guide and I absolutely recommend this 10000%. Memories to last a lifetime.
- Cristina M00Amazing Waterfall AdventureThe entire experience was amazing. Staff was friendly, provided a lot of information about the area and each waterfall. Provided drinks & snacks. The trip could not have been better.
- zarafshanb202300Great tourAnna is amazing! You can tell she loves what she does and is knowledgeable about things. Got a good history lesson too which was one of the best parts of the tour and something I think everyone should know about.
- 164shaunac00Wonderful waterfall tourThis is a wonderful tour and a fun way to spend a little time out of the city. Anna was a delight, very knowledgeable, personable and just great energy. I wouldn't hesitate to book again.
- Stephany O0010/10This tour was amazing. I learned a lot from my tour guide Ana, she was excellent and had lots of Information regarding Portland. For the hikers be prepared bring a warm jacket and you’ll have a great time. Thank you Ana if I am ever back in Portland I will have to request for you.
- sondraa84700Great views!1/2 day waterfall hiking trip was a great way to experience Portland area as a newbie. Halle our guide was super informative.
- 777thomasf00WowI found it all a bit overwhelming. You can take pictures and videos but they can’t capture how these amazing scenes make you feel inside. It was a lovely experience.That I hope I get to do again but spend more time there. Our guide Phillipo was great he gave us lots of useful information.
- Joplin7700Great afternoon with stunning viewsThis was a great way to see 4-5 waterfalls and overlooks in only 4 hours. A little walk on each but nothing too strenuous. Our guide Filipo was very knowledgeable and lots of happy personality. So glad we took an afternoon out of the city during a work trip.
- Freedom30800100Great time spent in the Gorge.This was wonderful time spent. We visited 3 beautiful falls within the gorge enjoying a short easy hike to all. Sarah was the perfect leader providing interesting information, leading at an enjoyable casual pace and did a great job as van driver. We would absolutely do it again, though probably with the biking option.