Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
See the Tasmanian capital with a guide to share its most significant landmarks. This walking tour of Hobart covers the history of this convict-built, contemporary city and its heritage buildings. The route includes Hunter Street, the waterfront, and Salamanca Place. With a maximum group size of eight you’ll have your guide’s full attention.
- Cover this historical highlights of Hobart on a walking tour
- Focus on notable sights with a guide to lead the way
- Hear tales of Tasmania’s capital city and its colonial roots
- Small group lets you linger without the crowds
25 Hunter St, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
Salamanca Place, Salamanca Pl, Hobart TAS 7000, Australia
- Professional local guide
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- This is a 2-hour walking tour along city pavements
- There are places to sit or perch along the route
- Wheelchair accessible along city pavements - if assistance is required, guest must provide their own carer
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Lisa spent 2 hours with myself and another couple walking through Old Hobart. The vast knowledge she has was fantastic and the stories she told on the way brought the Old Hobart to life. If you are new or old to visiting Hobart I’d recommend this tour.
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour with our guide Deb. She knew her history and and enjoyed sharing her wealth of knowledge with us. This is great value for money and a must of you want to really know Hobart.
Our two hour tour with Deb provided a wealth of information about Hobart and Australia’s early history. Also good knowledge of indigenous matters which cleared up some popular misconceptions. Well spent time, thanks Deb.
We enjoyed spending 2 hours with Lisa on the tour around old Hobart. Very informative and friendly. Lisa knew her stuff as she was able to answer various questions along the way. It covers the time since European settlement and highlights buildings, events and several…
Lisa provided a most informative walking tour of early Colonial History of the waterfront and surrounding city streets and architecture. Lisa is very engaging and eager to answer questions. The walk is easy for any group. Highly Recommended.
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Hobart Walking Tours
Lisa the Legend
Only the 2 of us on this walk. Such personal service. Arthur Circus was a highlight. So cute! Lisa our Guide was so…
2 hour walking history walking tour, brilliant
We all had a wonderful time with Lisa on our walking tour of Hobart. Lisa was brilliant. She was so knowledgeable,…
Hobart’s dark past tour - a must for locals and tourists!
So happy to discover this amazing walking tour. As a local I found it incredible and had no idea of the history beh…
Hobart's Dark Past
Thanks to Lisa for making this an informative (and fun) way to spend a Friday evening. It was appreciated that it w…
A great way to spend the afternoon
We met Lisa out the front of our hotel and it was all smiles and a lot of great information from there on in. We we…
Great introduction to a lovely city
I participated in the "Hobart History, People & Places" tour shortly after arrival in Hobart, and found the experie…
Walk Back in Time.
Had the pleasure of a guided walking tour with Lisa Bryant, she was excellent. I highly recommend the tour as it wa…
A great company that I will be sure to use again when I visit Hobart next time.
It may be a little chilli at Hobart in September but don't let the weather keep you away. The Historic Tour of Batt…
Coffee and Cafes
Whenever we go to a city we always try to do a food/drink/history tour to get to know the city. We took the Hobart'…
Informative and Fun
We were the only two on the tour (in the middle of winter) and Lisa was a very informative guide. We visited three …
Hobart! Who would've thought?
What a great way to discover the cafe culture of Hobart, our guide was interesting, passionate and very informative…
Great stories of the area by Deb
Fantastic stories and architectural highlights about this historic part of Hobart. Deb brought it to life with her …
Great time on the gallows tour
Lisa was fantastic and as a local it was absolutely worth going because you get to see places that are not open to …
Hobart Cafe Culture Tour
Perfect start to a three day/night visit to Hobart, we took the Hobart Cafe Culture Tour on our first morning. Our…
Must do tour
I went on the Hobart city walking tour with Lisa and can thoroughly recommend it to anyone visiting or even local, …
- Salamanca Market, Hobart Walking Tours
- Duration: 2h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Travellers also viewed
from MYR 428.60*
Popular: Booked by 836 travellers!
Frequently bought together
from MYR 433.50*
Popular: Booked by 213 travellers!
from MYR 623.72*
Popular: Booked by 5,244 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about 2-Hour Small-Group Walking Tour of Hobart
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book 2-Hour Small-Group Walking Tour of Hobart on Tripadvisor
- 2-Hour Small-Group Walking Tour of Hobart price starts from RM 123.39. Discover and book 2-Hour Small-Group Walking Tour of Hobart on Tripadvisor
- 2-Hour Small-Group Walking Tour of Hobart cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book 2-Hour Small-Group Walking Tour of Hobart on Tripadvisor
- 2-Hour Small-Group Walking Tour of Hobart is hosted by Hobart Walking Tours. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Hobart Walking Tours on Tripadvisor. Discover and book 2-Hour Small-Group Walking Tour of Hobart on Tripadvisor