View all photos (96)
Book by February 29 to save 5% off our previously offered price!
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The Hobbiton Movie Set in Matamata is a popular New Zealand attraction, so going with a small group of fans makes it more intimate. From Auckland, hop on a minibus customized with Wi-Fi access, drop-down screens, and USB charging points to enhance your experience. On board, find an informative guide who is passionate about the filming site for “The Hobbit” and “The Lord of the Rings.”
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Hobbiton Movie SetStop: 2 hours - Admission includedSee details
- 2KarapiroStop: 15 minutes -See details
- 3PokenoStop: 15 minutes -See details
- Small-group tour of the Hobbiton Movie Set, round-trip from Auckland
- Guide’s commentary keeps you entertained along the way
- Drop-down screens aboard tour vehicle enhance the experience
- Includes snacks, USB charging points for your devices, and Wi-Fi
- Bottled water
- Live commentary on board
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- WiFi on board
- Entry ticket and fully guided tour - Hobbiton Movie Set (If option with ticket included selected)
- Entry/Admission - Hobbiton Movie Set
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Hobbiton Entry & Tour Ticket (if transport only option selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Children below 5 years old are required to travel in a child safety car seat. If you don't have a car seat one can be rented from us for $50 per child (with 24 hours notice). Children between 5-7 years old are also recommended to be in a booster seat for their safety.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Cheeky Kiwi Travel
Our tour guide, Mike, was extremely knowledgeable and shared a great deal of historical facts in a funny and…
Lance is the man!
All you need to know is that this company hires amazing people, and one in particular is Lance. He made the day so…
Great tour !
호빗 영화 촬영지 다녀왔는데 즐거웠습니다. 가이드 Lance 는 친절하고 유머러스하였고, 다양한 이야기를 들려주었습니다. 돌아오는길에 들른 가게의 아이스크림도 맛있었어요! We visited…
Google translate Ongeveer 944.000.000 resultaten (0,34 seconden) Zoekresultaten Vertaalresultaat Nederlands…
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii40
Just the best
While we are Lord of the Rings/Hobbit fans seeing the set was just a ton of fun. Our driver /guide, Lance made the…
St. Marys, Georgia325
Cheeky Kiwi is great!
My husband and I took the Cheeky Kiwi tour to Hobbiton and The Glow Worm Caves with Louise as our tour guide and…
Good one, Michael was awesome, he knows the place very well. Made us fell very comfortable and everything was on…
Manchester, United Kingdom272
The highlight of our trip so far!
Our tour guide, Louise, was absolutely fantastic. The drive down to the attractions and back takes a couple of…
Excellent Day with Louise at Hobbiton and Worm Cave
We had a great day traveling to Hobbiton and the Waitomo glow worm caves with Louise. She was very knowledgeable…
Hobbits and More of New Zealand
This was a wonderful all day small bus (there were 6 of us) tour from Auckland to Hobbiton. Michael, our…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
More options from this tour operator
from $174.22* $193.57
from $97.79* $102.94