Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (42)
Select Date and Travellers
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
A seaplane tour of the Whitsunday Islands offers unparalleled views of the Great Barrier Reef from above—including Heart Reef. With five options to choose from, you can add on a glass-bottom boat cruise at Hardy Lagoon, a visit to Whitehaven Beach, and snorkeling in this tropical paradise. It's an amazing way to experience Queensland.
You'll start at
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- Pass by Air Whitsunday Seaplanes
- 1Whitehaven BeachStop: 60 minutes -Whitehaven Beach is included when you select the following Tours - Panorama Tour: Marvel at the aquamarine water and enjoy the pristine sands with a glass of sparkling wine for an hour of relaxation. Whitehaven Experience: Enjoy one and a half hours at the beach known for its stunningly white silica sand. You will have time to explore, swim and enjoy light snacks which are provided with a glass of sparkling wine, water or juice. Reef and Whitehaven Flight: Enjoy viewing the incredible Whitehaven beach from the skies on this tour, where you will have the best Arial view of the bright white and crystal clear waters below (please note this tour does not land on Whitehaven Beach) Reef and Whitehaven Discovery: Arrive in Style onto Whitehaven Beach in an area where few travellers visit. You will have one hour to enjoy the remarkable beach.Read morePass by Heart ReefPass by Hill Inlet
You'll end at
Airlie Beach QLD 4802, Australia
See address & details
- Whitsunday Islands scenic tour offers five options by seaplane from Airlie Beach
- Pilot narrates while flying above the Great Barrier Reef and Whitehaven Beach
- Glass-bottom boat tour of Hardy Lagoon includes snorkeling and coral viewing
- Snorkel gear, wetsuit, refreshments, and beach umbrella included (if option selected)
Airlie Beach QLD 4802, Australia
Returns to original departure point
- Scenic flight over the Great Barrier Reef (duration varies depending on selected flight)
- Visit to Whitehaven Becah (if option selected)
- Live commentary on board
- Use of snorkel equipment (if option selected)
- Glass-bottom boat tour (if option selected)
- Light refreshments (if option selected)
- Beach umbrellas (if applicable to selected option)
- Stinger suit and wet suit (if applicable to selected option)
- Round-trip transfers from Airlie Beach area
- Prescription masks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Maximum weight per person is 253lbs (115kg)
- Please bring swimwear, towel, sunscreen, sunglasses, hat, camera and light jacket for cooler months between May-August
- Please note: If you are staying on Hamilton Island, you must take a ferry to/from Hamilton Island to the mainland of Airlie Beach. Departure time of your seaplane tour varies daily due to tidal patterns. Not all ferry services will match up with your departure time. Please check ferry timetable to ensure you will arrive in time for your seaplane tour. No refunds available if you miss your departure time.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Couldn’t praise this company enough. My son and I took this tour and it blew our minds. From we got collected at appartments till we were dropped back the experience was surreal. This was my sons Christmas present and a surprise. Taxi lady was so full of information pilot the…
Date of experience: January 2020
Fantastic trip. So lucky with weather and wind which allowed us to drop down and land on Whitehaven Beach. Pilot and co-pilot appeared very competent and the trip was relaxing and stunning. Every bit as good as the ads. Book early if you want your choice of flights. Thanks Guys
Date of experience: November 2019
Arrive don a cruise ship with limited time but MAXIMISED It - sensational views over beautiful Whitsundays and a gorgeous whitehaven awaiting. Great staff and relaxed feel but professional and safe at all times. Worth every penny
Date of experience: September 2019
1 Helpful vote
The only way to do it. It may seem expensive, however, it is a once in a lifetime experience. The way in which you experience the reef from the air is breathtaking. It could not compare with just being on a boat. Landing on Whitehaven was stunning & my wife and I felt like rock…
We visited Airlie Beach for our honeymoon in June 2019. We were beyond excited to snorkel in the Great Barrier Reef. Since I experience sea sickness, we decided to book the Panorama Tour. We called on June 22 to confirm our tour. We were advised that our plane was…
Date of experience: June 2019
Response from AirWhitsunday, Operations Manager at Whitsundays Seaplane Tours
Responded 30 Jul 2019
Hi lindsaykelly13, We take one star reviews very seriously as we take pride in offering a high standard of customer service. I do apologise again for the inconvenience of this situation and as I spoke with you personally on June 22, I just want to clarify to anyone reading this review the circumstances surrounding this situation. Unfortunately, one of our aircraft had a mechanical issue two days prior to your tour and as a result, our chief engineer advised that the aircraft was to be grounded until the issue was rectified. This was completely unforeseen and outside of our control. Safety is paramount in our operation and we would never allow our customers into an aircraft that was unsafe to fly in. Unfortunately, during this time, we did not have any other availability to accommodate your booking, however as you stated, we did take it upon ourselves to contact other customers from a tour the following day, to see if they were willing to swap their day of travel just to accommodate you and your husband. Unfortunately, no other guests could swap their tour day. I would also like to point out that the flight we were attempting to move to you to on the 24th, was cancelled due to strong winds and rain. In the email I sent you on the morning of Monday, 24th June, I suggested contacting two other companies who could offer similar tours that included snorkeling at the Great Barrier Reef. I also apologised profusely and explained the situation in depth and extended a discount to you and your husband if you travel back to the region in the future. Although I can completely understand your disappointment, I did just want to make clear that I did everything in my power to rectify this situation and I never heard a response back to the last email I sent. I am sorry I couldn't do anything further to assist you. I do hope you enjoyed the rest of your honeymoon in Australia.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Air Whitsunday Seaplanes
The best way to see the Great Barrier Reef
Dave the pilot took us up great commentary & showed us all the sights. I've waited 48yrs to go up in a seaplane and…
Reef and Whitehaven Discovery review
Thank you Air Whitsunday. We booked the Reef and Whitehaven Discovery package and loved every minute. Communication…
This experience should be on everyone's 'Bucket List' !
Among the best excursions/experiences we have ever had. We were a party of four adults on a Great Barrier Reef cru…
Highlight of our trip!
We did the panoramic tour and it was fantastic; the highlight of our Australian vacation. We had perfect weather an…
Best experience in my life
My husband and I are still amazed! It was simply perfect! The program combined a seaplane tour of the Great barrier…
Great Trip- Good Organisation
We recently had a Sea Plane Tour booked which included two take off and landings on Water. Unfortunately the weathe…
ABSOLUTE BUCKET LIST TICK OFF!
Thanks so much for your hospitality and warmth, Dea the gorgeous driver and organizer and Jai the pilot and man of…
Incredible tour! A must do!
This is a must do and completely worth the splurge! My tour was only 5 of us and we got to fly in the historic Beav…
Seaplane great barrier reef adventure
The best day ever!!!! Thankyou to simon our pilot and dave our driver. The best views of the reef, loved the person…
My partner bought this trip as a present to me for my 21st, the day was great! Beautiful views across the reef, nic…
Amazing experience, amazing company !
A fantastic flight — never seen something as beautiful in my whole life — with a fantastic and professional company…
A dream coming true
A unique expérience: the flight as well as the beach! A very friendly and professional team, with no time pressure.…
Everything was perfect. Transfer to the airport was on time and comfortable, the flight had some amazing scenery an…
From the first phone call re pickup from our accomodation to drop off 4 hours later it was all handled very profess…
We came from Europe to Australia for 1 month, this flight was supposed to be the highlight of the trip. I consulted…
- Duration: 1–270 minutes
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Frequently Asked Questions about Whitsundays Seaplane Tours
How much is Whitsundays Seaplane Tours?
Whitsundays Seaplane Tours price starts from US$234.81. Discover and book Whitsundays Seaplane Tours on Tripadvisor
What is the Whitsundays Seaplane Tours cancellation policy?
Whitsundays Seaplane Tours cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Whitsundays Seaplane Tours on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Whitsundays Seaplane Tours?
Whitsundays Seaplane Tours is hosted by Air Whitsunday Seaplanes. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Air Whitsunday Seaplanes on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Whitsundays Seaplane Tours on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Whitsundays Seaplane Tours?
On average, this experience will take approximately 1m. Discover and book Whitsundays Seaplane Tours on Tripadvisor