Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price Guarantee
See abandoned factories and walk along the border of the fallen Iron Curtain on a private Communist themed tour in Bratislava. The offbeat excursion brings the architecture, history, living conditions of the iconic era to life in a way that most tours can't. To truly immerse yourself in the Communist era, your guide takes you each site in a 1970s Czechoslovak car or a retro Skoda 1203 van.
- You'll start at30, Námestie SNP 488Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Authentic SlovakiaStop: 5 minutesSee details
- 2SNP Square (Namestie SNP)Stop: 5 minutesSee detailsPass byHodžovo námestieKollárovo Námestie
- 3Kmeťovo námestieStop: 20 minutesSee detailsPass byBuilding of Slovak Radio
- 4Freedom SquareStop: 10 minutesSee detailsPass byPalisády
- 5SlavinStop: 20 minutesSee detailsPass byBratislava CastleNew Bridge (Novy Most)
- You'll end at30, Námestie SNP 48830, Námestie SNP 488, 811 01 Bratislava-Staré Mesto, SlovakiaNámestie SNP 30 in front of the Dunaj shopping mall and the Velvet bar.See address & details
- Enjoy the exclusivity of a private tour
- Travel around town in a Communist era vehicle
- Get off the beaten tourist path in Bratislava
- See Communist Slovakia through the eyes of a local
30, Námestie SNP 488, 811 01 Bratislava-Staré Mesto, Slovakia
Returns to original departure point
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (selected hotels only)
- Private tour
- Transport by private vehicle
- No exclusions
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please note that in some cases (winter conditions, car repairs etc.) we can not guarantee the retro car, but go with our green 1992 VW Caravelle or other newer vehicle.
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We loved this tour and Peter entertained us throughout, with the funky Skoda and great personality. Lots of information and sites to visit. We were very kindly given Slovakian refreshments and drinks to try which was very thoughtful. This tour was good value for money and we…
Went on the Post Communism Tour with the Urban Explorer add on and I have to say it was the highlight of our trip to Bratislava. Our guide Maros was superb, very friendly, enthusiastic and knowledgeable. The gifts of free booze and something to eat were a nice touch. It was well…
Date of experience: August 2020
Had a fab time on our tour of post-communist Bratislava. Maros, our guide, was really knowledgeable about the history of the city throughout the 20th century and the five of us on the tour learnt loads. Would definitely recommend - a fascinating insight!
Date of experience: January 2020
This tour was great. Our guide Maroš was very informative and gave us lots of knowledge about life under communism and how it ended. The tour covered lots of sights including the Slavin war memorial, and the area where the iron curtain was at the edge of the city. Great trip,…
We booked the post communism tour as a group of 4 friends spending New year in Bratislava. We were overwhelmed by just how good this tour was. Our guide Maric took us round the city and over to Austrian boarder in an old VW van and showed us areas of the city and its history we…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Authentic Slovakia
Iron Curtain bike tour
Amazing experience Marios our guide was beyond his year! Knowledgable, enthusiastic and passionate. Highly recom…
Make this your pick if you fancy a trip!! More to this than the skoda!!!!!! Top guide takes you off the beaten trac…
The best thing to do in Bratislava!
If you have seen the Old Town, want to escape from the main tourist places or just want to have an impression of re…
Unquestionably the highlight of our time in Bratislava. Knowledgeable and thoroughly likeable guide, fascinating ra…
Time at Slovakia.
Lieliski saplānoja un organizēja mūsu laiku, ņemot vērā mūsu intereses. Lielisks gids, kas jūt kompānijas noskaņoju…
Fun and different
Robert was a terrific guide. We enjoyed spending the afternoon seeing parts of the city we wouldn’t otherwise have…
Hiking and wine tour
Outstanding day out with Brano up in the mountains. Excellent guide. HIghly recommended. The local wine producer is…
great experience, loved it ;) thank you Peter and good luck in future! you would be always welcomed in Tallinn!
Really off the beaten track sightseeing
During our excursion we have visited many places, that are really special in Bratslava and many people don´t know a…
This guys are just awesome!
These guys just show interesting stuff in a funny way. They are all experienced travelers and can show you exactly …
Bratislava in a Skoda!
It was both fun and interesting to go around with Petr in his Skoda and hear about the city and see places, you wou…
Amazing experience 😬
Juro met us round the corner from our apartment in the white Skoda, he was a great guide, very knowledgeable down t…
Bratislava's communist past brought to life
Was a great history lesson.and insight from Peter. Definite recomendation to see what that regime built and left b…
Best guided experience to date
This was without doubt the best guided experience I have had to date. Juro did an fantastic job - both knowledgeabl…
Communist bike tour
Juro was our guide for this excursion. He was really passionate and very entertaining, as well as interesting; ther…
- Duration: 2h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Frequently Asked Questions about Bratislava Post-Communism Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Bratislava Post-Communism Tour?
How much is Bratislava Post-Communism Tour?
Bratislava Post-Communism Tour price starts from RM 319.80. Discover and book Bratislava Post-Communism Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Bratislava Post-Communism Tour cancellation policy?
Bratislava Post-Communism Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Bratislava Post-Communism Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Bratislava Post-Communism Tour?
Bratislava Post-Communism Tour is hosted by Authentic Slovakia. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Authentic Slovakia on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Bratislava Post-Communism Tour on Tripadvisor