From Bean to Bar Chocolate Class + Antigua Guatemala Private Tour
This tour revolves around chocolate. Learn about the history and importance of chocolate for the ancient Mayans, the importance it has in today's world, and its entire harvesting process. After that, you will learn how to make your own chocolate bar from the bean. In the morning we will take you to know all the iconic places of Antigua Guatemala. Marvel at its cobbled streets, its churches, convents, and beautiful landscapes. This was the third city in Guatemala after the previous city was buried by a landslide caused by Volcàn de Agua. The 400+ years of history of this colonial city will enchant you!
per adult (price varies by group size)
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- Private transportation
- Certified Tour Guide
- Visit of Antigua Guatemala´s Highlights
- Real Chocolate Making Class
- Bottled water
- Personal Expenses
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- we pick up passengers from any Hotel in Guatemala City and Antigua Guatemala.
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 26325P21
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- A note from From Bean to Bar Chocolate Class + Antigua Guatemala Private Tour
What you can expect during your visit
- All our vehicles are being sanitized and cleaned on a daily basis. Please feel safe with our staff, we are taking all the appropriate measurements for your and our safety.
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Regularly sanitised high-traffic areas
- Temperature checks for tour participants upon arrival
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Hand sanitiser available to travellers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitised
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Gear/equipment sanitised between use
- Face masks required for travellers in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Face masks provided for travellers
- Safety precautions are provided by the property and are not checked by Tripadvisor for accuracy.
- Which attractions will I visit with From Bean to Bar Chocolate Class + Antigua Guatemala Private Tour?
- How much is From Bean to Bar Chocolate Class + Antigua Guatemala Private Tour?
- From Bean to Bar Chocolate Class + Antigua Guatemala Private Tour price starts from RM 660.78. Discover and book From Bean to Bar Chocolate Class + Antigua Guatemala Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the From Bean to Bar Chocolate Class + Antigua Guatemala Private Tour cancellation policy?
- From Bean to Bar Chocolate Class + Antigua Guatemala Private Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book From Bean to Bar Chocolate Class + Antigua Guatemala Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides From Bean to Bar Chocolate Class + Antigua Guatemala Private Tour?
- From Bean to Bar Chocolate Class + Antigua Guatemala Private Tour is hosted by Guat2Do. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Guat2Do on Tripadvisor. Discover and book From Bean to Bar Chocolate Class + Antigua Guatemala Private Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 26325P21
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
Breathtaking views and delicious pizza !!
Amazing trip! Our driver picked us up from GT city and drove us swiftly to the volcano, our guide, Mynor David was …
We did so much on the store. Well worth the money Carmen was our guide and was very nice and helpful. She answered …
I had a ‘VIP’ day because I was the only participant on the Tour to Lake Atitlan + Panajachel + San Juan + Santa Ca…
A day to remember at the Highlands of Guatemala!
When I booked my ticket earlier for the tour, I thought it to be a collective tour. Lucky for me, I was the only cu…
Amazing but Bring Dramamine
The tour picked us up in Guatemala City, so we were in the car for quite some time on crowded, narrow, winding road…
We greatly enjoyed our tour of Copan and especially wanted to sing the praises of our guide and driver. Our guide, …
Great view and children’s Activities
We found many places in Antigua a bit overwhelming for young children, but Hobbitenango held our 6 years old and 11…
Loved this tour
It was a great day exploring Antigua! Karla was an amazing tour guide. She had a great sense of humor and knowledge…
I’ll do it again
All the trip was amazing, the places, the time we spent in Antigua, the explanations and the food, was an excellen…
we arrived around 10:30pm our driver was outside with a sign. He lead us to the mini van which was the perfect siz…
Had a great experience with this activity! Rode horses up the volcano, melted marshmallows under the hot rocks, and…
The trip was very fun, exciting , and relaxing! Highly recommended! favorite part was the horses !!! Beautiful vie…
Very nice tour. Carlos was our driver was very nice and Ruben our tour guide was very kind and knowledgeable, we le…
Visiting Hobbitenango is a definitely a must when traveling to Guatemala. You will see stunning views of thr volcan…
Long day but worth it!
This was a long day from Guatemala City but totally worth it. We got to see a couple of villages around Lake Atitla…
Reviews may contain information about traveller safety at this business.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
Serious safety incident
We paid $150 per person for a combination of a chocolate making class, a tour of Antigua and transportation to and from our hotel. I will say the chocolate class was fun but definitely not worth more than maybe 20-25 per person. But the tour itself is the main thing I have an issue with. Given how much we paid, we would have expected a very good tour with lots of stops and a professional guide. Our guide clearly was very knowledgeable about the location but he was unbelievably creepy and flirting with me and my friend nonstop including stroking our arms when he was talking to us, which I don’t know if it’s a cultural difference but it was weird, and he took lots of pictures of us which he said that his tour agency asks him to do so they can use them for the website (this sounds perfectly reasonable) except he accidentally showed us his gallery and some of the pictures he took of us were some really weird angles like one focusing on my friends butt, and I know he isn’t sending those to the agency so why does he want them? He also asked for my number at the end of the tour so he could send us the pictures and I told him I wasn’t really comfortable giving out my number and I no thank you to the pictures and he told me I was being rude. I said I was sorry but I don’t feel comfortable sharing my number and he started asking if I have WhatsApp or Facebook over and over again. Overall I think we overpaid for the experience but especially considering how negative it was and how uncomfortable we were made to feel, I wish we could have gotten a refund.
Written 31 March 2022
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews.
Hello Mary, thank you so much for letting us know how you felt about the tour to Antigua and the chocolate class. We are deeply sorry to know this situation. We will definitely address this with the person that was your tour guide. As women, feeling comfortable and safe is a priority everywhere we go, and once again I apologize that you didn´t feel that way on this tour. We have a huge commitment to delivering outstanding service on every tour and we will stick to that commitment by addressing this inconvenience. Regarding the tour to Antigua and the chocolate class, we are sorry it didn´t fill your expectations. If you want to give us a second chance in the future, we will compensate for the situation and ensure you don´t feel this way again. Please take care.
Written 4 April 2022
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.