Full-Day Tour to Ayutthaya from Bangkok, Including Lunch Cruise Return Trip
Support this operator
Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a thoughtful review or posting photos of your favourite tours and experiences. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road.
View all photos (10)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Travel from Bangkok to Ayutthaya, the royal capital of ancient Siam, on a full-day tour that includes return by riverboat on the Chao Phraya River. Ayutthaya, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, is designated as the King’s Summer Palace and home to weathered stone temples, towering banyan trees, and elegant chedis. Board the air-conditioned riverboat, take in the sights, and enjoy a lunch buffet on your journey back to Bangkok.
- Visit Ayutthaya, a cosmopolitan trading port since the 16th century
- Go to the Summer Palace and other highlights of Ayutthaya
- Learn about the history of Thailand and Ayutthaya from the guide
- Take a lunch cruise back to Bangkok aboard an elegant ship
What to Expect
Just north of Bangkok, Ayutthaya, the former capital of Thailand, is a must-see destination. After morning pickup from centrally located hotels in Bangkok, ride in an air-conditioned bus to Ayutthaya. Your tour begins at the Summer Palace of the late King Rama V, before continuing to magnificent temple ruins throughout the UNESCO-listed site. Hear about clashes between the armies of Burma and Thailand, and get great photo ops of the many monuments. Return to Bangkok on a comfortable, air-conditioned Chao Phraya cruise boat, taking in the sights along the riverbanks. Dine on a buffet lunch served on board and expect to reach Bangkok in the late afternoon. Your tour ends with a transfer from the dock back to your Bangkok hotel. Note: Modest attire is required for entrance to the Summer Palace.
- Quality air-conditioned transportation
- Hotel pickup and drop-off from central Bangkok hotels
- English-speaking guide
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Chao Phraya River
- Entry/Admission - Bang Pa In Palace
- Entry/Admission - Historic City of Ayutthaya
- Services other than mentioned
- Kindly be aware that proper attire is required to enter the Summer Palace compounds. Our staff will be pleased to advise you accordingly
- Minimum age is 13 years
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Join return cruise ship
- For SIC (Join tour) - Join transfer and activity
- Tour detail / pick-up time can change without further notice
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 2 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
The excursion (private party of 2) with our guide Khun Na, was excellent, not withstanding the heat the trip to Ayuthaya was interesting and the places visited splendid. With the hefty price tag for a 2 person excursions we where very disappointed with the cruise back however.…
Date of experience: January 2018
This is a great tour if you have limited time and want to see more than just Bangkok. Ayutthaya is an easy drive by coach and our guide was very knowledgeable about its history. The tour around the Ayutthaya ruins moved at a well organised pace - lots to see. Then a short drive…
Date of experience: February 2018
Well organized pick up and tour. Our accommodation was far from all pick-up locations, but after some E-mails they offered a hotel to go in the morning. Intelligent guide with good English (Victor).
We really enjoyed our trip to the various sites in Ayuthaya. The highlight was the Summer Palace with its beautiful gardens and buildings. My husband also enjoyed an elephant ride at the last place that we visited. The lunch on the boat was excellent and we enjoyed the…
Date of experience: January 2018
we only had limited time in Bangkok and not being a fan of crowds, we decided to spend the day outside of BKk. This tour, although a little tight time wise, provided both information on the area and an easy way to discover a different culture and religion. The summer palace…
- Chao Phraya River, Bang Pa In Palace, and 2 more
- Duration: 9h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427