TRIP HIGHLIGHTS INCLUDE:
• Hike a scenic trail to a remote waterfall
• Sleep in a jungle camp
• Ride and learn to guide a bamboo raft
Karen women still know how to make their own clothes completely by hand and without electricity by weaving on a back loom. It takes time to master but you will have a chance to try it out. In addition to other outdoor survival skills you guide can so you how to how to build in the jungle. Karen houses were traditionally bamboo with roofs made of grass or leaves. Your guide can teach you to make a basic shelter using only these items and a machete.
SOME OF THE WILDERNESS SKILLS YOU WILL LEARN:
• Identify wild edible plants
• Cook and eat in the jungle
• Make cooking utensils from banana leaves
• Identify medicinal plants
• Find water in bamboo
• Build a basic shelter using bamboo, grass and leaves
• Weave cotton into cloth to make clothing“On this tour you don’t just have fun, you also you also give jobs to Karen people and we are happy to share indigenous jungle wisdom with you— Nukul Chai Lai Sisters Founder
Chai Lai Sisters is Thailand's 1st trekking company owned and operated by Karen women. We strive to make the impact of tourism a positive one for both our community and the ecosystem.
7:45- 8:00am Pick up from your hotel or the 3 Kings monument
18:00 (next day) Return to your hotel or the 3 Kings monument