Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
The landscapes and historic monuments of Ninh Binh Province, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, lie just south of Hanoi. On this tour, visit the ancient capital of Hoa Lu then venture off-road on a boat cruise around the karst cliffs and grottoes of Tam Coc and a scenic bike ride through the countryside. Choose from four options to suit your budget and interests.
- You’ll have 2 starting optionsOr, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- Pass byHanoi Opera House
- 1Ninh BinhStop: 8 hoursThere are 6 attraction: Hoa Lu ancient captital, Mua Cave, Tam Coc, Bich Dong pagoda, Bai Dinh Pagoda, and Trang An. Depending to the tour option you choose, the itinerary will included: 2 of 4 or 3 of 4 attractions mentined at What to expect (Ex. Classic itinerary: 1- CLASSIC ITINERARY: HOA LU + TAM COC AND BIKING. 2- ITINERARY 2 – NEW SUPERIOR: HOA LU – MUA CAVE – TAM COC AND BIKING. 3- ITINERARY 3 – NEW DELUXE : MUA CAVE + TAMCOC + BICH DONG PAGODA AND BIKING. 4 – ITNERARY 5 - NEW SUPERIOR: BAI DINH PAGODA – MUA CAVE – TRANG AN BOAT TOUR) Note: After pick up in Old Quarter area (or the meeting point), the Bus will head to south of Hanoi (short break in middle way for 15 minutes)Read more
- You'll end atSee Important Information for details
- Choice of private, small-group, or group tour of Ninh Binh Province
- Magnificent views of the Tam Coc caves from a boat on the river
- Great value: lunch, entrance fees, and all activities included
- Hassle-free hotel pickup and round-trip transport from Hanoi
What to Expect
After pickup from your hotel in Hanoi's Hoan Kiem district, journey south into the Ninh Binh Province by air-conditioned bus, minivan, or private vehicle (depending on tour option selected). Stop in Hoa Lu, the capital of Vietnam in the 10th and 11th centuries, and explore the historic city on a guided tour, admiring its ancient Le and Dinh dynasty temples. With the Classic option, continue to Tam Coc, where you are welcomed with a delicious buffet lunch of typical Vietnamese cuisine. After lunch, set sail along the Ngo Dong River and cruise through the stunning landscapes of Tam Coc, with its jagged karst cliffs, lush rice paddies, and atmospheric caves, often called the 'Ha Long Bay of the interior.' After the cruise, cycle around the surrounding countryside on a bike ride, following a scenic route through rural villages and along the riverside. For the Superior option, follow the classic tour and visit the Mua Cave on Dragon Mountain. The Deluxe option includes a hike up Dragon Mountain to the Mua Cave viewpoint, a delicious set menu lunch, a sampan boat ride on the Ngo Dong River, plus a bike tour that stops at the Bich Dong Pagoda. The Folk Show option includes a visit to ancient Hoa Lu, a hike up Dragon Mountain to Mua Cave, a set menu lunch, a sampan boat ride in Trang An, and a folk music show with tea. All tours en with drop-off at your Hanoi hotel.
Vietnam Open Tour, 9 Hàng Hương, Hàng Mã, Hoàn Kiếm, Hà Nội 100000, Vietnam Hoàn Kiếm, Hanoi, Vietnam
Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pick-up (pick up and drop off at hotels in Hanoi Old Quarter area, Hoan Kiem district only. otherwise kindly go to our office at No 9 Hang Huong at 7:45am or contact our hotline after making reservation for best arrangement)
- English speaking guide
- Transported by model AC bus
- Boat trip
- Detail itinerary mentioned in the selected option
- Biking trip around the countryside area (not applied for OPTION: ITINERARY 5 & 6)
- 0.5l Bottled water on bus per person per day
- Lunch (with local food - Vietnamese cuisines)
- Admission tour included mentioned at option tour you choose
- Drinks, Gratuities, What not mentioned clearly
- Pick up and drop off at hotels located outside of the Old Quarter area
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- There are 5 attraction: Hoa Lu ancient captital, Mua Cave, Tam Coc, Bich Dong pagoda, Bai Dinh Pagoda, and Trang An. Depending to the tour option you choose, the itinerary will included: 2 of 4 or 3 of 4 attractions mentined at What to expect (Ex. Classic itinerary: 1- CLASSIC ITINERARY: HOA LU + TAM COC AND BIKING. 2- ITINERARY 2 – NEW SUPERIOR: HOA LU – MUA CAVE – TAM COC AND BIKING. 3- ITINERARY 3 – NEW DELUXE : MUA CAVE + TAMCOC + BICH DONG PAGODA AND BIKING. 4 – ITNERARY 5 - NEW SUPERIOR: BAI DINH PAGODA – MUA CAVE – TRANG AN BOAT TOUR)
- Itinerary can change due to the weather condition
- Sunscreen, a hat, and comfortable shoes are recommended
- We recommended bringing a hat, umbrella, raincoat, sunglasses
- After the tour, If you want to stay in Tam Coc in the few days, Please advise us when you do want to come back Hanoi. Daily we have bus at 15:30 from Tam Coc to Hanoi. Surcharge for this service is 7usd/way/pax
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travellers. If it’s cancelled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 22 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Contacted day before to confirm pick up time. Bus arrived promptly, older vehicle but vary spacious and clean. Guide was informative and easy to understand. Took a while to negotiate our way out of Hanoi. Hoa Lu was a let down Very little to see but we did get a good history…
Date of experience: February 2020
The day trip was well organised, a wonderful day of sightseeing away from busy Hanoi. Our guide Nghia spoke excellent English . He was informative, polite and courteous at all times. To mention a few of the activities, the Temples were beautiful. Climbing the 500 steps to the…
I just returned from a short trip to Jordan. Bridge Travel was the local agency I used. They went out of their way, particularly Jacob, who was available 24/7. He was very warm and helpful constantly trying to make our trip outstanding, and he was successful.
Date of experience: March 2020
It took 45 minutes to collect everyone from all the different hotels in Hà Nội before we finally started the tour. The bus smells like mildew...from the AC? That was the most unpleasant part of the trip. Our guide Nghĩa was very extremely friendly, bubbly, a great entertainer on…
Date of experience: February 2020
Ninh Binh was beautiful. The buffet lunch started the day off to a great start. Our boat trip was breathtaking, the landscape was so pretty it looked like a screensaver. But the best part was our tour guide Nghia. He spoke clear English and was so engaging. He made our entire…
Date of experience: March 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Vietnam Open Day Tours
amazing tour, sadly the beautiful place is ruined by over tourism
I did the tour with my group of students as part of an educational excursion from university and was supposed to be…
Great tour - highly recommend!
We had a wonderful experience on the full-day trip! Our guide was very fun and informative, and we got a very thoro…
A GREAT TIME
What an amazing time. We had a great tour guide, Nghia. He taught us so much about the culture, history, and locati…
No need to do a tour to visit Hà Nội!
It took 45 minutes to collect everyone from all the different hotels in Hà Nội before we finally started the tour. …
Great visit - just really foggy that day and hidden charges
Tour guide was good, the cruise and caves part was nice. The cruise charges for drinks but were not upfront about t…
Such a comedian. Lovely, kind tour. Very willing to help out anyone with a problem. Made my stay on silversea very …
Im Nghia great guide!
We had an excellent day thanks to your great guide Im Nghia. Very nice discovery of the bay, we loved the caves.
We spent a very day , good service and nice and efficient organization , very impressed by the cave. Nghia was a gr…
Amazing Ha Long Bay's tour
What's a spectacular sceneries! Ha Long Bay was much more than we expected. Visiting the Tien Cung Cave was a great…
Great day, excellent guide and amazing experience.
Nghia was a fabulous guide who spoke excellent English. He was very friendly and helpful and ensured everyone enjoy…
Trip well organised and the guide knew his stuff. Kept to time, which is important and not always the case. The onl…
ninh binh one day tour with Nghia
Excellent tour guide, accommodating and approachable. He made sure everyone is comfortable and have a very memorab…
Ninh Binh one day tour with Nghia
He is very good, accomodating and approachable. He ensures everyone safety first and will enjoy the trip.
One day trip to Ha Long with tour guide Samson
We have decided long time if go there for one or for two days. Finally we have gone for one day and I would say tha…
Very well organized one day trip
This trip was very well run, all on schedule and quite convenient. The guide was kind enough to wait for us when we…
- Duration: 10h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
from MYR 215.30*
Popular: Booked by 458 travellers!
from MYR 387.53*
Popular: Booked by 336 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Hoa Lu - Mua Cave - Tam Coc - Bich Dong - Biking and Boat Day Trip from Hanoi
What time does Hoa Lu - Mua Cave - Tam Coc - Bich Dong - Biking and Boat Day Trip from Hanoi start?
Hoa Lu - Mua Cave - Tam Coc - Bich Dong - Biking and Boat Day Trip from Hanoi will start at 8:00 AM. Discover and book Hoa Lu - Mua Cave - Tam Coc - Bich Dong - Biking and Boat Day Trip from Hanoi on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Hoa Lu - Mua Cave - Tam Coc - Bich Dong - Biking and Boat Day Trip from Hanoi?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Hoa Lu - Mua Cave - Tam Coc - Bich Dong - Biking and Boat Day Trip from Hanoi on Tripadvisor
How much is Hoa Lu - Mua Cave - Tam Coc - Bich Dong - Biking and Boat Day Trip from Hanoi?
Hoa Lu - Mua Cave - Tam Coc - Bich Dong - Biking and Boat Day Trip from Hanoi price starts from RM 136.75. Discover and book Hoa Lu - Mua Cave - Tam Coc - Bich Dong - Biking and Boat Day Trip from Hanoi on Tripadvisor
What is the Hoa Lu - Mua Cave - Tam Coc - Bich Dong - Biking and Boat Day Trip from Hanoi cancellation policy?
Hoa Lu - Mua Cave - Tam Coc - Bich Dong - Biking and Boat Day Trip from Hanoi cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Hoa Lu - Mua Cave - Tam Coc - Bich Dong - Biking and Boat Day Trip from Hanoi on Tripadvisor