View all photos (286)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Roaming the Mekong Delta by boat is popular with visitors to Ho Chi Minh City, but you don’t necessarily need a multi-day tour to discover this rural region. This great-value tour reveals the Delta’s scenery and lifestyles in a day: with riverboat and canal rowboat rides; visits to workshops, villages, and a temple; and an orchard lunch—all with a guide for the lowdown on the sights. Return transfers included.
You'll start at
22 Bùi Viện
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1My ThoStop: 4 hours -- Depart from Ho Chi Minh City and head to the Mekong Delta. After about 2 hours by bus. - Arrive at My Tho City and a visit to Vinh Trang Pagoda, home for three impressive Buddhas. The old temple gates are decorated with artistic imagery made of broken ceramics, and the courtyard will mesmerize with myriad plants and flowers maintained by monks at the monastery. - Take the boat to reach Ben Tre and head to a nearby village to learn about its cultural heritage. - Have Vietnamese lunch at the local restaurant. - Continues via a small rowboat down the tranquil streams of the Mekong River. - Savor tropical fruits and honey tea, produced from the villagers' own beehives. - Enjoy the regional folk music before your journey. - Watch life along the riverbank before disembarking at a coconut candy workshop. Observe workers as the confection is boiled in pots, cut, and wrapped with precision. - Take the bus to back Ho Chi Minh City. ***Please note: Drop off time is subject to trafficRead more
You'll end at
22 Bùi Viện
22 Bùi Viện, Phường Phạm Ngũ Lão, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam***Meeting point is located in the backpacker area and recommended to come is taxi or Grab. ***The meeting point address: + 22 Bùi Viện Street, Dist 1, Ho Chi Minh City
See address & details
- Experience the Mekong Delta by boat in a day from Ho Chi Minh City
- See the Delta without a multi-day trip—suits time-pressed visitors
- Visit a coconut workshop, village, and islands, and cruise canals by rowboat
- Great value: includes lunch, boat rides, entry fees, and return transport
What to Expect
Leave your Ho Chi Minh City hotel by air-conditioned coach bound for the Mekong Delta, the farming heartland of south Vietnam. Then, head for Ben Tre, a maze of lush islands and riverside hamlets. Visit a village for insight into local life and culture, and sample home-grown tropical fruits and honey tea, made in the villagers' beehives. Listen to traditional south Vietnamese music and then ride a hand-rowed sampan along tranquil canals to soak in the scenery and peace. Visit a workshop to see how coconut candy is made and sample some of the sweets. Then, sail to an orchard restaurant for a local lunch before taking another boat to the bustling port of My Tho. Step ashore here to visit the ornate Vinh Trang Pagoda before your return road trip to Ho Chi Minh City, where a hotel drop-off ends your tour.
22 Bùi Viện, Phường Phạm Ngũ Lão, Quận 1, Hồ Chí Minh, Vietnam
Returns to original departure point
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Pick-up and drop off at the centrally located hotels in District 1 (if option selected)
- English speaking tour guide
- Boat trips, Snacks: honey tea, fruits; 1 bottled water/pax
- Lunch at local restaurant with Vietnamse cuisine
- Travel insurance & Other services not mentioned in the inclusions
- Hotel pickup and drop-off outside of District 1
- Tip; Tax; Personal cost; Gratuities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Group tour from 20 pax
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Infant rates apply provided they do not occupy a seat and the tour inclusions. Please advise the supplier if you have from 1 infant at time of booking.
- A surcharge maybe applied to the bookings with 2 or more children.
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Extra surcharge may apply for pickup outside of District 1.
- For the centrally located hotels in Dist 1 where we can not pick up and transfer because of the traffic rules, please contact the local supplier for support. In more detail, we are not allowed to pick up at Nguyễn Trãi Street, Nguyễn Thị Nghĩa Street,…
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: TNK Travel
Growing up in Saigon in my earlier years before becoming a US citizen, I had no idea that fighting in South…
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam10
Mekong Delta with Golden
This tour is very funny. golden is very friendly and helpful. I will tell my friends to take this tour. I would…
Trip with friends
We really enjoyed this trip with Linda which is kind, helpful and lovely English speaking guide. We saw Buddhist…
Very suitable for discovering around the history
The tunnel is challenging for those who do not like small spaces but there are plenty of options to escape soon if…
The highlight is crawling through the tunnel, I'm really stuffy but I've managed it without trouble. Some graphic…
Full day trip
We went to the tunnel spending a day before coming here and it really brought the whole story. It is a famous…
Nice to have activities
Thi Thi was good, he is knowledgeable and interesting guys, It's different from anywhere I've ever been before.…
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam20
Good tour with Natalie
Natalie was informative , helpful and friendly . She did good jobs to commucate with all people . Driver Truong is…
We really experienced our visit to the tunnel, a lot of information and maintained very well. I also found Thi…
The tunnels represent the enormous vitality and brain po wer of the Vietnamese people. Our guide, Thi, has helped…
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427