This excursion to two national parks a short distance away from the capital is an excellent extension to any trip whether you just want to see the unique settings of Terelj and Gun Galuut, unwind and play after a hard trek, or explore some of the landscapes of Central Mongolia after a trip to the Gobi or the far west.
Lowest price guarantee
Duration: 4 days
Start time: Check availability
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- Buyant Ukhaa International Airport, RQX8+QWV, Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia
- Hotel pickup is offered. View the hotel list on our checkout page to see if yours is included among the pickup points.
- Returns to original departure point
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 160188P6
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
- Which attractions will I visit with National Parks Excursion?
- During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book National Parks Excursion on Tripadvisor
- How much is National Parks Excursion?
- National Parks Excursion price starts from RM 5,214.40. Discover and book National Parks Excursion on Tripadvisor
- What is the National Parks Excursion cancellation policy?
- National Parks Excursion cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book National Parks Excursion on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides National Parks Excursion?
- National Parks Excursion is hosted by Mongolian Ways - Mongolia Tours & Travel. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Mongolian Ways - Mongolia Tours & Travel on Tripadvisor. Discover and book National Parks Excursion on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 160188P6
Reserve your spot
Ulaanbaatar – Mongol Nomads –...
Khustaiin Nuruu – Terelj...
In Terelj National Park
Terelj National Park – Chinggis...
About the operator
Mongolian Ways - Mongolia Tours & Travel
Joined in June 2019
#29 of 229 Outdoor Activities in Ulaanbaatar
- דינה ט00Trip in MongoliaMongolian ways gave us an experience that was beyond what i ever could expect. This company is a blend of great professionals and incredibly lovely people. I cant imagine my Mongolian experience without each one of them! I recommend them each one who wants to get the most from his next adventure.
- F3666NQdanieller00Mongolia September 2023I had an amazing and great trip with these guys as part of a university course I took to Mongolia! Thank u Ron, Dulguun, Neema and the rest of the amazing drivers and staff! The amazing staff made sure we had everything, from a to z and it was amazing!! Thank u for giving me the “Mongolian experience”! I am sure I’ll be back, and it’s thanks to you guys!
- gideons61700An excellent trip in MongoliaThis was an excellent tour. It was a complicated tour specially arranged for us but everything went smoothly. It was perfectly organized and the places we visited were interesting and beautiful. I highly highly recommend Ron and the company!
- cherkes10400A large country and a great tourThe trip was very rewarding- so much information and care-g thq at the arrangements were very good; everything that was promised- was delivered
- Casey C00Way to go, Mongolian Ways!A tour which definitely exceeded my expectations on all fronts (transport, accommodation, food and company) since I was very much prepared to "rough it" in the countryside after reading the comprehensible travel guide which Ron provided (this is a must-read by the way)! We couldn't have asked for a better team (shout-out to guide Enhuush and driver Tsoomoo) to take us on our Mongolian adventure. Highly recommend to go with Mongolian Ways if you decide to visit this beautiful country which has so much to offer.
- sigaloren00The amazing Mongolian experienceWe had a great 11 days tour in the beautiful landscape of Mongolia, experiencing the calm nature, the endless herds, the warm people with great hospitality, the Gera camps and the beautiful nature. With the best driver and private guide that were the nicest people, made sure we get familiar with the Mongolians nomads lifestyle and took great care of us.
- wolfgang21800Exploring Gobi Desert, Central Mongolia and Lake District near Siberian BorderMy girlfriend and I booked a trip with Mongolian Ways as they were the most flexible and professional ones of the agencies I contacted. Our very specific location requests were incorporated in the itinerary of our trip. We traveled with a driver and a guide in one car by ourselves but I heard that you can also travel with them in larger groups (this probably saves a bit of money as well). We traveled from Ulaanbaatar to the Gobi Desert, central Mongolia and ended the trip in the lake region in the north near the Russian border (close to Lake Baikal). We thoroughly enjoyed the amazing vast space of Mongolia, the nature, the cultural sites, but specifically the chance to interact with local families. We spent time with three families being involved in food preparation and cooking with them and afterwards sharing a meal. In one case we even were involved in milking the horses and yaks as well as fermenting the milk (obviously voluntarily, not a must). For us this was one of the highlights of the trip. The car was very comfortable (a Lexus off-road SUV with air-conditioning), the driver was very good in the rough terrain and our guide who spoke very good English was knowledgeable and kind and always willing to address our specific requests. I can highly recommend Mongolian Ways as they delivered what they promised, were super professional, and very flexible which was important for us.
- eliyahou00great company to travel with !!! strongly recomendedAmazing county to travel, deferent landscape, beautiful culture, unique nomads from deferent ethnic tribes, great food, many animals
- Shlomitgr00Central Mongolia tripWe went on an intimate trip - 5 friends from Israel (2 had to stay in Israel) to Central Mongolia, Organized by Mongolian Ways.We traveled with the excellent Mongolian guide Amina, Bimba the driver who brought his jeep, and last but not least Ron Oren, the CEO of Mongolian Ways and theorganizer of the trip, who volunteered to bring his personal jeep and drive, thereby significantly upgrading the trip. The trip included two days in Ulaanbaatar (at the beginning and at the end) and the rest in central Mongolia, in nature sites such as the wild horse reserve, dining with nomads and religious and cultural sites in Harkhorin and others. We also spent some wonderful time during the Nadam festival that was celebrated during our stay. The trip can be described in two words - colorful and embracing. The experience that is common to all events is the incredible color of the people and nature. The Mongolians are charming, smiling and great hosts, as well as the vast green spaces with the colorful herds of sheep, camels, horses and yaks. The trip was basically a photography trip and indeed produced spectacular photographs of people, scenery, animals and exciting events such as a horse race on the Nadam holiday, when the riders are children. The organization was perfect. The staff was attentive to every wish and need. We knew that there would be no attached toilets in the gers on some days and we turned the limitationsituation into an eaqusite experience. In short - it is highly recommended to travel in Mongolia with Ron and his team. The experience is actually two experiences: Mongolia and a guided tour and organization that you don't meet often.
- BorisBoris8400Once in a Lifetime ExperienceEverything just worked out on this tour i did in nov 2019. Actually mongolian ways was one of the few actually offering during this offseason time of the year. Both guide and driver have proofen excellent organizational, driving, translating skills and made everytjing possible. One night for example was really cold so they spontanipusly organized a warmer place for the next day. A lot was organized according to the situation which gave maximum flexibility. We visited places which are not usually on the tourists list as for example a coal mine. I was never pressured to hurry up or and still everything worked out because the dtiver was so well connected with the locals. And of course... the sights I saw where amazing.
- 887jodie00Glorious GobiI travelled to Mongolia this summer and the trip totally exceeded my expectations 😊 Mongolian Ways was flawless from start to finish. Tsoggy organised my Mysteries of the Gobi Desert trip and he was happy to go out of his way to ensure everything was just right. My tour guide, Uyanga and my driver, Nyamka were outstanding. Uyanga was super organised and we had a great time climbing to the top of Khongoriin Els. Nyamka had a great sense of humour and always went that extra mile. I was in awe of the abundance of unique landscapes in the Gobi Desert. Throughout my trip, the attention to detail and making the little things count was top-class. An amazing holiday! I hope to go back, explore more of this exquisite country and I would definitely book with Mongolian Ways again.
- SamirB986104214400An Amazing Time in MongoliaI visited Mongolia in September 2019, our itinerary included - Ulaanbaatar Tour & Nomad Camp on Day 1, Hustai National Park on Day 2, Terelj National Park on Day 3. Mongolia is a beautiful country, with nice & friendly people, but my trip was made all the more special by "Mongolian Ways" The tour was well planned enjoyable & comfortable . A special word of appreciation for our Tour Guide Mr. Tsoggy who was informative friendly helpful & went the extra mile in providing us the very best & making d most of our Tour.
- millvet00jewels of mongolia - 13 daysWe were well looked after by our guide Tsoggy and driver Ambra and always felt safe. Our questions were always answered and our needs were well met. The travelling was well organised and we enjoyed the company of our two Mongolians as there was just the three of us travelling . July was a good time to travel - shorts and t shirts. I learned a lot about Mongolia so am glad I went. Thought the Genghis Khan statue was impressive and enjoyed all the livestock our in the steppes.
- Sabrina L00Unforgettable ExperienceI had the best fortune to have been paired with Аминаа as my guide and translator. It was just the two of us and I could not have asked for a more kind, caring and thoughtful person to share my experience in Mongolia with. We traveled around the capital in the East to the mountains in the West on the borders of Russia. From learning how to train eagles to hunt, attending festivals, dancing to Mongolian music and even meeting young entrepreneurs who are changing the world's perspective of the country, it was an incredible experience and I am grateful to say I have a friend for life.
- Kalia Y00A trip to remember...I have travelled to many countries throughout the world and Mongolia will always have a special place in my heart. All this thanks to the excellent organization and planning of Tsoggy and his amazing team from “ Mongolian Ways”. We were a family of five including three teens. We had a guide and two drivers with us (one driver transported the bicycles as well as all the luggage and necessities). Mongolia was a unique experience where you could reconnect with nature; it has beautiful landscapes and wildlife. We stayed in ger camps (it was awesome) and had picnics along river streams in the middle of nowhere surrounded by wild horses, sheep, goats and falcons. We cycled, we hiked, we went horse riding and we also saw how people lived and worked, learned about their culture, traditions and history. It was definitely loads of fun and a very enriching trip for the whole family.
Detailed Reviews: Reviews order informed by descriptiveness of user-identified themes such as cleanliness, atmosphere, general tips and location information.
My girlfriend and I came to Mongolia for 4 days and used Mongolian Ways following a recommendation. Our trip was only for a short period of time but Tsoggy helped us tailor our itinerary to make the most of what we wanted to do and see in such a short (cold!) time. We were met by Sarul, our guide, who was an excellent bank of knowledge and really made sure that we were comfortable and happy throughout the trip. We were able to see and experience so much in such a short period (without it seeming tiresome), which is testament to Tsoggy and the rest of the team organising excellent activities and making sure everything goes to plan. We had an amazing time and would highly recommend for anyone going to Mongolia for even a quick visit. We will definitely be back to explore more and cant wait to travel with you again. Thanks for everything!
Written 12 December 2019
This review is the subjective opinion of a Tripadvisor member and not of Tripadvisor LLC. Tripadvisor performs checks on reviews as part of our industry-leading trust & safety standards. Read our transparency report to learn more.
Thank you very, very much for your kind words, Cody. It was my pleasure to organize your trip and now I am happy to hear you enjoyed it thoroughly. We’d love to go on another memorable trip with awesome travelers like you and your girlfriend. Sarul sends you his best regards. Thanks again, Tsoggy
Written 15 December 2019
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of Tripadvisor LLC.