View all photos (19)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
Lantau Island is Hong Kong’s largest, home to sandy beaches, striking fishing villages, and a 112-foot-tall (34-meter) bronze Buddha. See the island’s top attractions on this unique, adventure-filled tour. From a scenic cable-car ride over the South China Sea to a boat trip alongside Hong Kong’s historic waterfront houses, you’ll cover all of Lantau’s marvels in a single day. Kowloon hotel pickup makes for a hassle-free experience.
You’ll have 14 starting options
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Lantau islandStop: 4 hours -See details
- 2Tung ChungStop: 30 minutes -See details
- 3Ngong Ping 360Stop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha)Stop: 40 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Po Lin (Precious Lotus) MonasteryStop: 40 minutes -See details
- 6Tai OStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
- Action-packed, full-day sightseeing tour of Lantau Island
- See top attractions, from the giant bronze Buddha to the famous stilt houses
- Take a cable-car ride through the mountains and a boat ride along the coast
- Includes round-trip transportation from your Kowloon hotel
What to Expect
Skip the hassles of arranging your own transportation with a convenient, front-door hotel pickup in a private coach. Breeze straight to the Lantau coast, where a scenic cable-car through the hills awaits. Get ready for postcard-perfect panoramas of the city, right down to the South China Sea. From there, head to the Tian Tan Buddha, a tower-sized bronze icon that has become a must-see holy site for Buddhists around the world. Enjoy a savory, chef-prepared vegetarian lunch before hopping over to Tai O fishing village, a fishing community made up of stunning waterfront stilt houses. Get an authentic glimpse into Hong Kong’s fabled history with this one-of-a-kind visit, which includes a leisurely boat ride along the coast. At the end of an adventure-filled excursion, you’ll be comfortably dropped back at your hotel.
Holiday Inn Golden Mile Hong Kong, 50 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong Harbour Grand Hong Kong, 23 Oil St, North Point, Hong Kong Harbour Plaza 8 Degrees, 199 Kowloon City Rd, To Kwa Wan, Hong Kong Harbour Plaza Metropolis, 7 Metropolis Dr, Hung Hom, Hong Kong Imperial Hotel, 32-34 Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong The Kowloon Hotel, Nathan Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong Marco Polo Hongkong Hotel, 3 Canton Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong Marco Polo Prince Hotel, Hong Kong, Tsim Sha Tsui, Canton Rd, 23號號 Royal Plaza Hotel, 193 Prince Edward Rd W, Kadoorie Hill, Hong Kong The Cityview, 23 Waterloo Rd, Yau Ma Tei, Hong Kong InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, 70號 Mody Rd, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong Renaissance Hong Kong Harbour View Hotel, 1 Harbour Rd, Wan Chai, Hong Kong Metropark Hotel Mongkok, 22 Lai Chi Kok Rd, Mong Kok, Hong Kong B. P. International House, Kwun Chung, Hong Kong
Returns to original departure point
- Pickup from major centrally located hotels. Or meet tour guide & other tourists at a departure point
- Do you pickup from my hotel, or ask me to go to a departure point? Book now and see pickup time.
- Group Entry to skip the line. Take cable car ride to mountain top from Tung Chung to Ngong Ping.
- On mountain top, shuttle bus to Buddha after taking cable car, you do not need to climb 268 steps.
- Boat ride in Tai O Village to see the stilts houses. Pink Dolphin can be seen sometimes in summer.
- Chinese style vegetarian lunch at Po Lin Monastery
- Return cable car ride to Tung Chung, see the world's longest sea crossing HKG-MACAO bridge from sky.
- Tour ends in Tung Chung at 4pm, then you will take 1-hour coach back to your hotel in downtown.
- You will be back to hotel at before 1800. The actual time depends on traffic in rush hour.
- If you do not offer a preferred pickup place or address, you will receive cancellation note & refund
- Group tour: Pickup is not available from airport, cruise terminal, subway station & railway station.
- Airport (no pickup): Meet in W Hotel at 10:00. Take airport express to Kowloon Station, Exit D1.
- Kai Tak Cruise Terminal (no pickup): Meet in Harbour Plaza Metropolis (7 Metropolis Drive) at 10:20.
- Ocean Cruise Terminal (no pickup): 6 minute walk to Marco Polo HongKong Hotel (3 Canton Rd) at 10:00
- Private pickup from cruise terminal: Please choose the option of "Private Upgrade -Crystal Cabin".
- Entry/Admission - Ngong Ping 360
- Entry/Admission - Tian Tan Buddha (Big Buddha)
- Entry/Admission - Tai O
- Gratuities for guide and driver (recommended)
- 2-way taxi fare between your hotel and the departure point if your hotel is not in the pickup list.
- Pickup from a hotel in Shenzhen
- The tour bus is designed for sightseeing. No seperated luggage room. Big luggage is not allowed.
- Request of taking this tour with big luggages onboard and transfering to airport will be rejected.
- Luggage exceeds dimension of 48cm x 34cm x 23cm or weighs above 4 kg is not allowed on cable car
- Left luggage service at Tung Chung Cable Car Terminal. Optional storage fee is HK$100 per piece.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- You will be picked up from hotel lobby, or you will be advised to meet with your tour guide and other tourists at the nearest departure point. This tour is a seat-in-coach tour. You will buy a seat on a tour coach, share an escorted tour with other tourists. If you do not like the lengthy tour start time, please choose the option of "Private Upgrade -Crystal Cabin".
- If you stay in a local home or a hotel not in the pickup list, please inform of the address upon booking. You will be informed of the nearest pickup hotel and pickup time to meet your tour guide. Your reply of approval of this pickup arrangement and deadline of apply time is critical. No show at the meeting place will receive no refund.
- If you book an activity less than 24 hours prior to the scheduled activity start time, you are required to telephone the local tour supplier immediately right after your booking. The telephone number of the local tour supplier is displayed on your voucher. The office is open from 0700 to 2100 Hong Kong time. If no one answers the phone call after office hour, please telephone again at 0700 next day to add you in the pickup list. Otherwise the tour bus will not go to your hotel.
- Upon pickup, your tour guide will find you by eye contact, or read your name from the pickup list. Meeting point is hotel lobby or you will be advised of the nearest meeting place to meet with your guide. Please be waiting at the meeting place 10 minutes prior to departure. No refund for your no show or late arrival.
- The standard cancellation policy is: (1) a 100% refund for cancellations made at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. (2) Cancellations made within 24 hours of the start date of the experience will receive no refund.
- At the cable car station, most people line up to buy ticket on site and enter through Individual Entry. The normal waiting time is 2 hours. Your prepaid confirmation coupon allows you to use Group Entry. Less people line up here. Group Entry is a privilege benefit for travel agents' customers only.
- After taking cable car to the mountain top, the group will follow your tour guide to take shuttle bus to reach the Big Buddha. You do not need to climb up 268 steps. The bus will stop at the foot of the Buddha Statue.
- If you choose to leave the group, walk on the 268 steps 1-way or round trips, or join in the group at Big Buddha to take return shuttle bus back, please talk to your tour guide for approval in advance. The most important thing is: When you leave the group, ask for the cellphone of your tour guide for urgent contact.
- When Ngong Ping Cable Car will be suspended to carry out bi-monthly regular scheduled maintenance, or closed due to severe weather warning, alternative coach transportation will be available during the cable car service suspension. This tour will be operated by coach transfer between Ngong Ping and Tung Chung. No reduction in the tour price for the lack of the cable car ride.
- In the event that the boat ride is suspended in Tai O village, a HK$20 cash coupon will be issued for use in Ngong Ping 360 souvenirs shops. The Tai O boat ride will be suspended service on Sat 25th, Jan 2020 (1st Day of Chines New Year).
- How to join in this tour from airport: (1) Please take 24-minute Airport Express train, get off at Kowloon Station, go out from Exit D1, walk for 97m (2 minute) to W Hong Kong Hotel (Add: 1 Austin Road West, Kowloon Station, Kowloon). The pickup time from W Hong Kong Hotel is 10:00am daily. Your tour guide has a pickup list and will find you in the lobby. After tour, you will come back to W Hong Kong Hotel at 18:00 after tour. From Airport Station, the 1st train leaves at 05:54. From Kowloon Station back to airport, the last train leaves at 00:52. (2) Because this tour ends at Tung Chung Cable Car Station at 4pm, you can take a taxi from there back to airport. It takes 10 minute by taxi. (3) You take your own risk of missing your flight. Please only book this tour when your flight leaves from HKG after 20:00. The latest information of security check from airport is: Access control measures are being taken at terminals. Visitors are advised to arrive 3 hours before departure for proper checks. (4) Round trip airport express fare or taxi fare will be paid by yourself. No refund or discount on original tour price. (5) No refund for no show or late arrival caused by arrival flight cancel and arrival flight delay.
- If you live in a hotel on Lantau Island (Disney Resorts, Novotel Citygate, SkyCity Marriott, Regal Airport Hotel etc): (1) The meeting time is 10:55 from the Taxi Stand at Tung Chung cable car station. You need to take a Lantau taxi (blue) to Tung Chung Cable Car Station. It costs around HKD118 one way for 20 minute driving distance. (2) Tour ends at Tung Chung Cable Car Station at 4pm. (3) Round trip taxi fare will be paid by yourself. No refund or discount on original tour price. (4) No refund for no show or late arrival
- As informed by Ngong Ping Cable Car Company, Ngong Ping Cable Car Service will be closed temporarily for scheduled maintenance on 14 Jan 2020.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travellers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The service of the tour was great, they came at the expected hour to the hotel, the tour guide really know about everything and you learn about it. The vegetarian lunch wasn’t that good, you should give the option of having lunch on different tables, the table of the whole…
1 Helpful vote
Tour was good. Places visited was wonderful. Guide was good and explained the culture. I recommend the tour.
2 Helpful votes
I was looking for something to do on last day of business trip and booked last minute. Ken was an excellent tour guide, cable car was really enjoyable worth upgrading to crystal (glass floor) - fab views of track below and out to sea - Macau bridge and tunnel. Fishing village is…
Date of experience: July 2019
1 Helpful vote
This trip is well worth doing to save queues at the cable car, you get straight through, no waiting in very long queues. The guide is very helpful and informative. Our tour visited on a holiday, so we didn’t get a boat ride, but visit to a temple instead, I actually preferred…
2 Helpful votes
We were collected on time from our hotel in Causeway Bay and taken to the ferry for our transport to Lantau Island. Our tour guide met us at the ferry wharf. A comentary was given on the bus once we arrived at Lantau Island and along the way and we were allowed free time to…
Date of experience: March 2019
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Century Holiday Hong Kong
What An Amazing Time
Highly recommended. This tour was so very much fun!! Cannot believe how amazing it was. Skeptical of the meal at th…
We had a great day but I felt we needed more time at Tai o fishing village and allowed to explore more. I think we …
Excellent day out. Our guide Rex was brilliant and provided fantastic information. The pick up from the hotel was o…
Awesome day trip...
Even though you could go to the place on your own but going with the tour helps skip the long queues everywhere, es…
Unfortunate foggy day
Weather was not on our side that day. We were completely ‘lost’ in fog during the crystal cabin cable car ride & Bu…
Lantau Island half day tour
Interesting enough to travel on the gondola and to visit the Buddha + temple. The guide was very bad. Nothing inter…
I really cant recommend this trip other than a very easy entry and exit from China - no vise was asked for or required
The guide try's to get you to buy from their "Special Shops" but better buys can be had elsewhere but you really ha…
Ross is the man!
Ross ran an excellent trip to see the Big Buddha and see the stilt houses in Tai O. He is a guide who likes his job…
Miss debbie simkiss
I cannot rate this trip enough,from the moment I stepped on the coach the guide peter had so much info about hong K…
Big Buddha a must
This trip was amazing. Ken our tour guide was the best - cable car with window bottom a must, lunch excellent, big …
Afternoon tour Lantau Island A superb experience
This was an absolutely fantastic tour and well exceeded our expectations. The guide was very efficient gave us cl…
Great activity and full day
Great tour. Ken was nice and informative. I recommend the crystal cable car package. Plan this attraction on the mo…
Cheap and handy for Senior. Simple and easy to use, very convenient for travelers. Cheap package to buy.
Lantau Cable Skip the Line.
First thing, if you’re going to take the Cable Car to the Big Buddha it pays to buy a tour just for the skip the li…
Well organised, poor guide
The pickup and transfer was very well organised with professional handling from the organizers. After the transfer …
- Duration: 8h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Frequently Asked Questions about Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus Tai O Boat Ride
Which attractions will I visit with Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus Tai O Boat Ride?
How much is Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus Tai O Boat Ride?
Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus Tai O Boat Ride price starts from US$144.69. Discover and book Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus Tai O Boat Ride on Tripadvisor
What is the Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus Tai O Boat Ride cancellation policy?
Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus Tai O Boat Ride cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus Tai O Boat Ride on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus Tai O Boat Ride?
Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus Tai O Boat Ride is hosted by Century Holiday Hong Kong. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Century Holiday Hong Kong on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Coach Day Tour - Lantau Island Visiting and Giant Buddha Cable Car Tour Plus Tai O Boat Ride on Tripadvisor