View all photos (108)
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Rainbow Mountain CuscoStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Cerro Colorado VinicuncaStop: 60 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- Breakfast and lunch
- Professional multi-lingual guide (English and Spanish)
- Hotel pick up
- Hotel drop-off
- Entrance ticket to the Rainbow Mountain (S/.10.00 Soles)
- Horses (but you can rent directly at the first town)
- Entry/Admission - Rainbow Mountain Cusco
- Entry/Admission - Cerro Colorado Vinicunca
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for people over 55 years of age
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A strenuous amount of walking is involved
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Since this activity is a group tour, we will pick up the first person at 3:40 and the last one at 4:20, please be ready at the lobby of your hotel at 3:40 am and our guide has time to pass for you until 4:20 am.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 1 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
The hike is beautiful, but it's really tough. My group chose to rent the horses to go up and down the mountain which is 1. way more fun and unique than walking and 2. so much easier. It's well worth the money, and the guide helped us rent the horses. The guide knew a lot about…
Date of experience: March 2020
This was a beautiful location. The scenery is amazing and one of a kind. The only thing I noticed is there were many MANY people who were doing this hike who should not have. It is at such a high elevation that this is a very difficult hike even for those who are very active and…
The Rainbow Mountain is well worth a visit, but be prepared for an early morning start and an epic trek! If you’re keen to be amongst the first on the mountain and like avoiding the crowds, then this is the tour company for you. Our guides were prompt, informative, and allowed…
Rainbow mountain is my bucket list in Peru therefore I have joined a full day tour for this adventure! The guide informed me a day prior the run down and meeting time - 430am pick up at the hotel lobby. Had breakfast together with other tour members half way thru the journey…
Date of experience: June 2019
I am very pleased with this trip. The view is absolutely spectacular and Ive never seen anything like it anywhere in the world. I had the honour of getting engaged here and I couldn't ask for a more perfect place. One thing to note though is you definitely need to get used to…
Date of experience: May 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Rainbow Mountain Cusco
Interesting ride from Cusco to Rainbow Mountain across all kinds of terrain. Pay attention to your breathing. One …
It was tough but a memorable hike
The hike was a great experience with amazing views along the way and at the top. Also visit Red valley on the way …
I really enjoyed this hike. It was fun. It’s a beautiful area, and a well-worn track to follow. I did see several p…
Very difficult trek
Due the altitude the trek is intensive and difficult we had head pain all way long...we recommend to buy the Água f…
Flashpacker is the best
We used Flashpacker, one among many tour groups that take hikers up the Rainbow Mountain. David, our guide, was ex…
The most memorable hike of my life
This is not a difficult hike when started from a new location accessible only by tour buses and private cars - it i…
Great trek with beautiful views!
My friends and I decided on renting horses only to go up the mountain, which was a good idea in my opinion, it save…
Absolutely loved this trip to Rainbow mountain although it was covered in snow and snowing on the day. It just add…
It’s not a joke
The climb up here is definitely not a joke. The starting point is at over 4,000 meters and you end up climbing up t…
Wonderful day on the mountain...
Me and my partner went to the rainbow mountain, where we live an unforgettable experience, with many memories, wher…
Red Valley better than Rainbow Mountain
In the end, the views over the Red Valley where more spectacular than the Rainbow Mountain. From Cuzco it is a thr…
Amazing tour to Rainbow Mountain
Amazing tour to Rainbow Mountain. Magnificent views all around right from the beginning of the hike, wonderful colo…
Older Couple - It was a must do!
We left booking Rainbow Mountain until we were in Cusco, so we could plan for the weather. I am 59, my husband 57..…
Snowed the day we went!!
Very disappointing that the tour went ahead even though they knew the weather was bad and then they continued to ta…
Worth the trip!
We were a little nervous to book this trip after reading some reviews regarding the difficulty of the hike. The hi…
- Duration: 15h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427