Recommended by 93% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Journey through an undiscovered land of wild desert landscapes, snow capped peaks, herds of alpaca, and arrive at the ultimate destination – The “Rainbow Mountain” hidden deep in the Andes. Throughout your journey you will pass through a vibrant green valley with the impressive Ausangate mountain towering in the distance. You will experience first hand how locals live in the mountains and even have a chance to speak with them. As you get closer to the Rainbow Mountain you will begin to see the first signs of the colored minerals that formed the painted hills. Your guide will explain what makes up the existence of the “Rainbow Mountain”, and finally with one last push you will hike up to a vantage point that gives you a 360 degree view of the beautiful landscape that makes up this sacred land in Cusco – Perú.
- You'll get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Vinicunca Rainbow MountainStop: 6 hours - Admission excludedWe will pick you up between 04:00 – 04:30 am. Then we will drive through the South Valley. The drive takes around 3 hours to get Quesinouno community where we will stop for breakfast. We will then start the trek for 3 hours approx. to the rainbow mountain (most of the way is going up). On the way up will be rewarded with breath taking sights of herds of alpacas and llamas, the Ausangate Mountain, many red mountains and traditional local houses. When we finally reach our destination, the Rainbow Mountains (5,020 m / 16,466 ft.), you will have time to explore the area and take pictures. We will spend approximately 30 minutes to 1 hour (depending on your trekking speed and weather conditions).After the spectacular sights from the top we will go down to the starting point, that will take approximately 2 hours. (Quesiuno community) from where we will take the transport to Hanchipacha community to have lunch. Then we will start our journey back to Cusco.Read more
- Cusco Hotel/Hostel transfer
- Bi-lingual Trek Expert (Spanish and English)
- Breakfast and Lunch
- Entrance to Rainbow Mountain (10 Soles)
- Entry/Admission - Vinicunca Rainbow Mountain
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
This day trip was very nice The mountain were gorgeous! The guide Raoul was a : - excellent drive - awesome guide - great photographer And a really good cook😜 Small group with almost alone on the mountains. Perfect trip! Thanks to Jose Luis and Raoul!
Nicolas Andersson wrote a review Jan 2020Auckland Central, New Zealand13 contributions9 helpful votes
I had a very good trip up to the Rainbow Mountains with Jose Luis as my guide. He is a very nice person with a plenty of tricks and knowledge on hiking. His expertise was just amazing and helpful. I can surely recommend this company and Jose Luis
Date of experience: January 2020
Impressive hike to see the enchantic Rainbow Mountains of Cusco. Jose Luis and his team were incredible and very informative and caring. I am very convinced with the time and money i spent on this unique attraction.
Date of experience: January 2020
We booked a raimbow mountain trip with Encuentros Peru Adventure, booking the trip was easy however the day of our trip things were not as promised. here is the summury of our trip Positives + -Small group, -Easy to book Negatives.- -50m late pick up -Driver was in a rush, with…
Date of experience: December 2019
2 Helpful votes
Response from encuentros_peru, Owner at Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip)
Responded 3 Jan 2020
Dear Reviewer, Thank you for taking time to write your comment here. However, our records indicate that you never travelled with us. We have raised this to Trip Advisor to determine the authenticity of this review.
This was the highlight of my trip, after Machu Picchu. Encuentros Peru Adventure is a very professional group of people and their service level is totally exceptional. It exceeded my expectations.
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Encuentros Peru Adventure
I can totally recommend them. I had never experienced such an interesting thing. Jose Luis is a star. He made t…
This was more of an introduction tour. This included visit to the sites in and around the city of Cusco. The person…
Second to none
I can totally recommend them. This was a fantastic trip and a very good experience with Encuentros Peru. Inca Jungl…
Well Worth It
I can totally reccomed them. Jose Luis is a very nice and informative guide with a lot of consideration and positiv…
A very budget friendly trip to Machu Picchu in car from Cusco. Jose the corodinator offered me a good deal which in…
Value for money
Super economic tour of Machu Picchu. Encuentros Peru adventure and the guide were very nice and accomodating. The w…
I completely recommend this tour company and Jose Luis, it was just an outstanding experience to visit the Incan ci…
No words to describe my experience it was just an enchanting one. Jose Luis is a very nice guide and very energetic…
Wonderful Experience With Enceuntros
I was in a group of 4 other travellers on this tour. It was extremely well conducted. The hotel in Aguas Calientes …
No Hesitation in recommending..
No hesitation in recommending Encuentros Peru to help you build your trip. Jose Luis was very courteous, patient an…
I enjoyed every moment of the trip to Machu Picchu. It was quite an unoque experience with so many activities and s…
Adventureous and fun filled
No comparison to what Jose Luis our guide offered on this tour, everything was top. He has an exstesive knowledge a…
Highly Recommended!!!! Jose our tour guide ensured everything ran smoothly as well as being very knowledgable abou…
Jose and his team were just super on this trip. They took excellent care of the group and made sure everything ment…
Can´t recommend Encuentros Peru Adventure high enough. They are simply the best with a very excellent knowledge and…
- Duration: 16h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Pickup offered
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
from MYR 175.90*
Popular: Booked by 4,229 travellers!
Nature and Wildlife
Frequently Asked Questions about Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip)
What time does Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) start?
Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) will start at 4:00 AM. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor
How much is Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip)?
Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) price starts from RM 200.03. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor
What is the Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) cancellation policy?
Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip)?
Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) is hosted by Encuentros Peru Adventure. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Encuentros Peru Adventure on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Rainbow Mountain (Day Trip) on Tripadvisor