After central Dubai hotel pickup, travel into the desert before settling into a shared, open-top vintage Land Rover—a classic desert workhorse used extensively in the 1950s.
Then, with a skilled driver, trundle through the Dubai Desert Conservation Reserve, hearing about Dubai’s history and wildlife, and watching for animals such as gazelle and oryx.
Stop for a sunset falconry display, and then head to a Bedouin-style desert camp within a private royal retreat. Here, enjoy an Arabic coffee and various Emirati activities like bread-making demonstrations, henna tattoos, and camel riding before sitting at a shared Bedouin-style table for a 4-course local dinner.
After a folk-dancing and music show—and optional shisha (Arabic water pipe)—enjoy a minivan transfer to your hotel, where your trip concludes.Sample Dinner Menu:
• Garden salad
• Onion and tomato salad
• Shorbat adas (lightly spiced lentil soup)Meze selection:
• Assorted appetizers such as tabbouleh (cracked wheat salad with tomatoes and lemon juice), sambousek (lamb- or cheese-filled pastries), harees (meat-stuffed wheat dumplings) and hummus (chickpea dip)Main course (choice of one):
• Grilled chicken kebabs
• Ouzi (lamb served with spiced nuts and rice)
• Ouzi rice and vegetablesDessert (choice of one):
• Seasonal fruit salad
• Lgeimat (mini saffron-spiced doughnuts soaked in syrup)