View all photos (25)
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Save hours researching and planning things to do in Kyoto, and make the most of your time by going on a private highlights tour instead. Enjoy the flexibility of being able to choose from two contrasting routes—both of which cover multiple top Kyoto attractions. The first route goes to the Golden Pavilion, Nishiki Food Market, and the bamboo groves at Arashiyama Park. The second route covers Gion, Fushimi Inari Shrine, and Kiyomizu-dera Temple.
You'll start at
Hotel Granvia Kyoto
Japan, 〒600-8216 Kyoto, Shimogyō-ku, Higashishiokōjichō, 901番地, Kyoto Station Building, 内Hotel Granvia Kyoto is located in the Kyoto Station building.
See address & details
- 1Kinkakuji TempleStop: 50 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Kiyomizu-dera TempleStop: 50 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Nijo CastleStop: 50 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Sanjusangendo TempleStop: 50 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5GionStop: 50 minutes -See detailsPass by ArashiyamaPass by Sannenzaka Ninenzaka
- 6Bamboo Forest StreetStop: 30 minutes -See details
- 7Ryoanji TempleStop: 30 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 8Fushimi Inari-taisha ShrineStop: 50 minutes -See details
- 9Gekkeikan Okura Sake MuseumStop: 50 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- Flexible experience—choose from two different Kyoto tour routes
- A great way to tick off multiple top Kyoto landmarks in a day
- No getting lost—relax and let a guide take care of the navigating
- A private tour means you can stop and ask questions along the way
Hotel Granvia Kyoto, Japan, 〒600-8216 Kyoto, Shimogyō-ku, Higashishiokōjichō, 901番地, Kyoto Station Building, 内
- Professional English speaking guide
- Public Transportation
- One-day city bus pass (can be used continuously after the tour)
- Entry/Admission - Kinkakuji Temple
- Entry/Admission - Kiyomizu-dera Temple
- Entry/Admission - Nijo Castle
- Entry/Admission - Sanjusangendo Temple
- Entry/Admission - Ryoanji Temple
- Entry/Admission - Gekkeikan Okura Sake Museum
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
We just caught the train..JRpass fantastic, 800m walk from the station. Definitely try the crab along the way, and enjoy the serenity of bamboo that sways in the breeze..beautiful spot..walk up to the top another surprise awaits..
Date of experience: August 2019
We took two all-day tours with Mie (Southwest and Northwest Kyoto). Both tours were exceptional. Our guide, was informative, friendly, and fun. She had a complete tour in mind at the start, but was willing to customize it based on how much time we wanted to spend at each…
This was one of the highlights of our trip. Mia, our guide, was fantastic and very knowledgeable and also very funny. I would thoroughly recommend this trip to anyone going to Kyoto. It gives you a good feel for the local culture and also the lay of the land. We also had a great…
Date of experience: April 2019
My tour party consisted of me...and that was it! Poor Mie had to talk to me the whole time! I was never chatting pleasantly with my wife or family or friends because they weren't there! You can read elsewhere in these reviews about her depth of knowledge, her humor, and her…
Date of experience: June 2019
1 Helpful vote
This was the very highlight of our trip! Love the bamboo forest and the hiking along the river, and also the train ridding to there!
Date of experience: June 2018
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: WaRaiDo Guide Networks
Great private tour! Highly recommend
Fantastic tour! Opted for the private tour (with just me and 3 others) and it was so worth the money as it was so e…
Great tour of Kyoto
This was a great opportunity to discover parts of Kyoto not normally picked up by tourists and only locals would kn…
We booked our tour via viator and it was amazing. Our tourguide mie was very friendly and told us a lot about japan…
A deep immersion into gueisha culture
Walking around Gion learning the most interesting things about Kyoto's gueishas and maikos was beyond fun! Dai was …
SO MUCH HISTORY IN KYOTO
We learned so much and saw so many beautiful places in the old part of Kyoto. I would highly recommend this tour. …
Excellent walking tour
We did this tour a couple of evenings ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. Excellent guide with good pace and lots of in…
Gion Night walking tour
Informative waking your just under 2 hours - the history of Gion, geishas and tea parties. We had Pre-booked - trie…
A walk through the world of the geiko.
The guide really brought the Gion to life. She was able to explain the history and the life of the maiko and geiko.…
A really great night out in Gion
A perfect night out looking around the ‘just like the movies’ Gion Geisha district. The guide spoke English very w…
Very informative, excellent value
The lovely guide Mia was very informative. We walked for 2 hours and saw a few Geiko and Maiko, she explained every…
Awesome night stroll around geisha district
A 1.5hr stroll around the geisha district at night time was very informative, not too fast paced, nice in the dark …
Excellent value for this tour
We thoroughly enjoyed this tour. Just under two hours in the oh so charming geisha district of Gion. I had read t…
Amazing tour with Chie!
We had such a wonderful time on this tour with our guide Chie! She had so much great information to share with us a…
Saw four Geishas
This tour was great! I’d highly recommend it. Our guide was very knowledgeable and had a good sense of humor. While…
Fascinating Walk Through Gion
We totally enjoyed our night walking tour of Gion, the principal geisha district of Kyoto. Our guide Provided plen…
- Duration: 7h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 4,034 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 5,336 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Private Highlights of Kyoto Tour
What time does Private Highlights of Kyoto Tour start?
Private Highlights of Kyoto Tour will start at 9:00 AM. Discover and book Private Highlights of Kyoto Tour on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Private Highlights of Kyoto Tour?
How much is Private Highlights of Kyoto Tour?
Private Highlights of Kyoto Tour price starts from US$221.94. Discover and book Private Highlights of Kyoto Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Private Highlights of Kyoto Tour cancellation policy?
Private Highlights of Kyoto Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Private Highlights of Kyoto Tour on Tripadvisor