Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (28)
Recommended by 95% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
(Price varies by group size)
Select tour language
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Get the best of both worlds on this 2-day tour to Nagano, which includes a guide on day one, and free time on day two. Check out the famous Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park, and the Zenko-ji Temple. Experience the ultimate in Japanese hospitality by staying overnight in a ryokan (Japanese inn), dining on kaiseki ryori haute cuisine, and enjoying a private onsen hot bath (extra cost).
Nagano - Japan
Free day snowboarding/ skiing or...
- Driver and private vehicle are included, to save you trouble
- Dinner and breakfast at the ryokan are included
- Three-star ryokan accommodation can be upgraded to four or five stars
- An ideal tour for first-time visitors to Nagano
Nagano Station, Japan, 〒380-0921 長野県長野市大字栗田５９
Returns to original departure point
- Private tour with local tour guide (tour guide on the first day only, the second day is free day without tour guide)
- Transportation within Nagano City on the first day (public transport or chartered vehicle options)
- Onsen (hot springs) experience at hotel. Please note that the onsen is within the hotel and may not be connected to your room (there may be times when there is no onsen within your hotel, but you will have access to the onsen in the area of the ryokan). For private onsen experience, it is available at additional cost at the ryokan (usually around 1500 to 2500 JPY for 1 hour)
- Overnight accommodation at traditional Japanese hotel (ryokan) rated at 3 Stars (or 4 - 5 Star hotel option is available at checkout)
- Lunch, snacks and drinks
- Optional activities
- Add-on experiences on the second day (available at booking)
- Private onsen experience (additional cost for private experience at ryokan)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Must provide birth date at the time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended.
- Operates in all weather conditions. Please dress appropriately.
- Wheelchair accessible (except at Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park)
- Non-smoking: All the rooms are non-smoking in ryokan (otherwise requested), there are designated areas outside for those who would like to smoke.
- For this tour, if we provide train tickets from Tokyo and return (add-on cost when booking): we will send train tickets to the guests’ hotel in Tokyo (the hotel which guests are staying at before their Nagano trip). Please provide: 1) Hotel Name in Tokyo, 2) Name of guest who booked the hotel, 3) Confirmation Number, and 4) Dates of Stay at the hotel in Tokyo.
- Snow Monkeys in warmer seasons: The snow starts to melt by March and the snow monkeys may not bathe as often as they did in the winter to keep warm. Guests may see snow monkeys taking a swim as the park staff gives them lunch, but unlike winter months, there are days when the monkeys just do not feel like entering the bath. When it is warm and the sun is out, the monkeys tend to be more active and move around the area, grooming themselves. While winter is not the only time to see snow monkeys, please note that they are wild animals and it is difficult to predict their behavior. You can still visit the Snow Monkey Park, but seeing the monkeys and watching them bathe is not always guaranteed.
- Children and youth must be accompanied by adult (in the same room as adults, up to 4 children in one room):
- For food, children from age 1 to 5 years old will not have meal at ryokan. Food must be arranged separately by adults, or the meal served to adults can be shared with children.
- For accommodations, children from age 1 to 5 years old will sleep in the same bed or futon with parents. Separate futon can be provided at additional cost at the ryokan.
- Private tour with English-speaking tour guide is for the first day of the tour only. On the second day, the customer is free to explore Nagano on their own (the tour guide will not be present).
- Age Requirement: Guests of all ages can attend this tour, but a booking must be made for each person. Adult pricing applies to guests age 12 to 99. Child pricing applies to guests age 6 - 11. Young child pricing applies to guests age 1 - 5. In this private group tour, there must be at least one person that is 18 years or older.
- Most travellers can participate
- Moderate Cancellation Policy:
- Cancellation fee of 100% is charged if cancelled 14 days or less before the event
- Cancellation fee of 50% is charged if cancelled 21 days or less before the event
- Cancellation fee of 25% is charged if cancelled 30 days or less before the event
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
We were in Japan for a whole month and this Nagano tour is one of the best tours we did. Wei Wei fan our tour guide was exceptional. She made us feel so welcome and treated us like old friends. The food on tour was great. Chilli ice cream was surprisingly delicious. The locale…
Toru was an absolute pleasure. He created a fantastic schedule for us for and it was perfect! He was informative and ensured we saw everything possible. He was great fun and a lovely guide ! He also knows all the best eateries around ! Thank you!
Date of experience: January 2020
Tokyo feeds the senses; Nagano feeds the soul. We booked the 2 day Nagano tour with 4/5 star ryokan. Words cannot describe the level of fulfillment and wonder we felt after this experience. Our tour guide, Ilhom, was awesome and did an outstanding job creating a custom…
Date of experience: May 2019
Our guide Ilhom was very friendly and helpful, we feel just a like a travel with friend more like a guide, and he was very good guide too. Strong recommendation.
Date of experience: March 2019
After a bit of a break-neck, whistlestop tour of Japan, it was great to arrive in the peaceful region of Nagano with its fantastic mountains and picturesque towns. Our guild, Ilhom, a transplant from Uzbekistan, was just as knowledgeable and friendly as any native and took us to…
Date of experience: March 2019
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Japan Awaits
While we were sad to have to cancel our July trip to Japan due to the pandemic, we found the process of working wit…
Understanding and flexible with unexpected changes
Japan Awaits was a pleasure to work with. They responded promptly and sympathetically when my wife and had to cance…
Great adventure - don’t miss
This is a must do adventure. Great food, interesting learning, good sake, great interactive experience with geisha.…
Amazing experience for culture lovers!!!
This was truly an amazing evening! We had a private dinner with my wife and my parents, two lovely Geisha and our w…
Hakone private tour
We were able to book our tour at the Odawara train station. The ladies speak excellent English (Educated in Sydney…
Once in a lifetime experience
It was a once in a lifetime kind of experience. A MUST DO. The geishas’ English was pretty good too, and their hosp…
Fun and tasty
Mack guiding us round these great little eating places was a fabulous way of getting a true taste of Tokyo .The puf…
The guide Makoto Hori was super nice and helpful and he told a lot about the exquisite foods we ate. I recommend th…
Thank you for the helpful English touring and the last minute tickets. Although we had to pay double the price, it …
Nice tour around Nagano
Booked the tour for the 4 of us and choose the extra larger van (10.000 JPY supplement), which gave us enough space…
We really enjoyed our trip to the ghibli musuem. The tour guide was very friendly, helpful and informative. Thanks …
A very unique and fun experience!
We had a great time learning about the Geisha and playing some traditional Japanese games. This was a very unique …
True Japanese Experience
As many people who have read the book Geisha, this sparked my curiosity. You get to experience the traditional danc…
Mack, our guide, was fantastic. He took us to several local restaurants to get a taste of the local food which was …
Great guide and access to the museum
Friendly and informative guide who took us into and around the museum (we missed out on museum tickets direct but w…
- Jigokudani Snow Monkey Park, Zenko-ji Temple, and 4 more
- Duration: 2 days
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English, Chinese, Chinese, Japanese, Russian
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Frequently Asked Questions about Nagano Private Two Day Tour
Which attractions will I visit with Nagano Private Two Day Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Nagano Private Two Day Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Nagano Private Two Day Tour?
Nagano Private Two Day Tour price starts from US$337.74. Discover and book Nagano Private Two Day Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Nagano Private Two Day Tour cancellation policy?
Nagano Private Two Day Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Nagano Private Two Day Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Nagano Private Two Day Tour?
Nagano Private Two Day Tour is hosted by Japan Awaits. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Japan Awaits on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Nagano Private Two Day Tour on Tripadvisor