SAM POH TONG IS A BUDDHIST TEMPLE IN A LIMESTONE CAVE. TO THE SOUTH, KELLIE’S CASTLE IS AN UNFINISHED MANSION BUILT BY A SCOTTISH PLANTER. SOUTHEAST, THE VAST GUA TEMPURUNG CAVE HAS DRAMATIC ROCK FORMATIONS. IPOH HAS MANY NICE ATTRACTIONS AND SIGHTS IN AND AROUND THE CITY. ONE POPULAR ATTRACTION IS THE RAILWAY STATION, TOWN HALL AND HIGH COURT. OTHER ATTRACTIONS ARE: IPOH HERITAGE WALK, KWAN YIN TONG TEMPLE, PERAK TONG CAVE TEMPLE, LING SEN TONG TEMPLE, PERAK CAVE WITH ITS NUMEROUS BEAUTIFUL BUDDHA STATUES. HOTEL PICK-UP & DROP-OFF INCLUDED.
per adult (price varies by group size)
Lowest price guaranteeReserve now & pay laterFree cancellation
Start time: Check availability
What's not included
- AIR-CONDITIONED VEHICLE
- ENGLISH-SPEAKING PROFESSIONAL DRIVER
- HOTEL PICK-UP & DROP-OFF
- Entry/Admission - Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple and Zen Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Perak Tong Cave Temple
- Entry/Admission - Sam Poh Tong Cave Temple
- Entry/Admission - Ipoh
- Entry/Admission - Ling Sen Tong Temple
- Entry/Admission - Concubine Lane
- Entry/Admission - Ipoh Railway Station
- Entry/Admission - Ipoh Town Hall and Old Post Office
- FOOD AND DRINKS, UNLESS SPECIFIED
- TOUR GUIDE
- Entry/Admission - Gua Tempurung
- Departure details
- Traveller pickup is offered.
- PICK-UP & DROP-OFF AT ANY HOTELS / APARTMENTS & RESIDENCE IN KUALA LUMPUR CITY
If you have questions about accessibility, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 218646P123
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travellers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- Which attractions will I visit with Ipoh Heritage, Caves And Cave Temple Tour?
- How much is Ipoh Heritage, Caves And Cave Temple Tour?
- Ipoh Heritage, Caves And Cave Temple Tour price starts from RM 420.94. Discover and book Ipoh Heritage, Caves And Cave Temple Tour on Tripadvisor
- What is the Ipoh Heritage, Caves And Cave Temple Tour cancellation policy?
- Ipoh Heritage, Caves And Cave Temple Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Ipoh Heritage, Caves And Cave Temple Tour on Tripadvisor
- Which company provides Ipoh Heritage, Caves And Cave Temple Tour?
- Ipoh Heritage, Caves And Cave Temple Tour is hosted by Riyas Travel Malaysia. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Riyas Travel Malaysia on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Ipoh Heritage, Caves And Cave Temple Tour on Tripadvisor
- If you have questions about this tour or need help making your booking, we’d be happy to help. Just call the number below and reference the product code: 218646P123
Reserve your spot
- You'll get picked upSee departure details
- 1Gua TempurungStop: 90 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- 2Kek Lok Tong Cave Temple and Zen GardensStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3Perak Tong Cave TempleStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Sam Poh Tong Cave TempleStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Perak Guanyin CaveStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6Ling Sen Tong TempleStop: 60 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 7Concubine LaneStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 8Ipoh Railway StationStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 9Ipoh Town Hall and Old Post OfficeStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- You'll return to the starting point
About the operator
Riyas Travel Malaysia
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Joined in November 2019
#16 of 106 Food & Drink in Kuala Lumpur
- rozannew43900A wonderful afternoonKL has a lot to offer for families - this being one. Very informative and lots to see and learn. Able to feed the birds and the bird show was the highlight for us. Spend more time at the bird park is my tip - you need a few hours and allow 30-60mins for the butterfly park.
- BlightyEngland00Excellent Ferry company but skip MersingMersing is the jumping station to Tioman Island…..other than that no reason to visit.Book with Cataferrys…very efficient and a fair price…about £12 each way….all the restaurants charge for the toilets……fine,but if you have no change they won’t let you in…..with my daughter bursting the receptionist at Cataferry gave me the five pence🥲 If you go the ferry terminal it’s free. Cataferry are a well respected company.You can even book your seats….
- Sanja_Mo00Very good tourThis was a very good tour. The driver was very patient, drove me everywhere and waited for me, took pictures of me and gave me some info about the places we visited. He even went out of his way to try to find a suitable spot for photographing Petronas Twin Towers and me in front of it. A lot of reviews complain about the driver not being very knowledgeable, but the disclaimer clearly says that the arrangement includes an English-speaking driver and not a guide. I didn't see all of the 23 attractions and not in the described order, but I saw all of the relevant ones. The tour lasted the promised 7 or 8 hours, I can't remember precisely right now. Overall, I am satisfied and wouldn't expect much more.
- Keerti R00Very Good ExperienceThis activity went well, Bird Park and Butterflies park experience was amazing. Kalpana our guide was helpful and explained about this activity very nicely. She is cheerful, kind and patient guide.
- sssbsmith00ConvenientPrivate transportation worked well for my one day of sightseeing in Malaysia. Driver was punctual and very accommodating of my schedule. He helped at each of the tour stops to ensure a good experience.
- dryar200000Poor tourThe driver was not interactive at all and had very little knowledge of all destinations making for a very boring few hours. There was a mixture of reviews on this and we unfortunately got a tour that wasn’t great and I wouldn’t recommend.
- BenjahmynP00Not what I thought it would beDid not see 23 attractions. Was asked to be in photo at every site for tourism promotion. My drivers car was not working properly and kept shaking when we stopped. Finished tour very early because we had seen and done everything.
- I2829XSjudya00Efficiency in private tourThe tour was good. I was under the impression it was a group tour but it turned out to be a private tour. Navin, the driver and tour guide was patient and informative. We went round the city, hitting the almost all the important highlights. The private tour allows you to avoid things you don't want to do or not particularly exciting. Expensive but allows efficiency.
- T9776ZBrosep00Not really 23 places visited and guide was more like a driverThe price for this tour was too much considering that the driver was a guide and she was basically just driving us around to take photos. Our guide/driver Kal was a very sweet and nice lady, but the tour description was a little bit misleading in terms of our expectations. We also did not visit 23 locations; I don’t even believe it is possible to visit all in 8 hours considering the distances. Kal was very patient and let us spend enough time at some spots, that we didn’t even need. But most of the places, like Petronas, Menara, Palace, some temples etc, were just stop and take a photo with very little information provided. The guide didn’t seem to have a lot of knowledge about the architecture and history of the city or country. We were pointed to the area where we had to read and get educated ourselves. For this price, the guide should be way more knowledgeable and have the ability to share a lot of information about the area and visited places. This tour was not worth this price. We travel a lot and we’ve had some unbelievably talkative and knowledgeable guides, so we are able to compare. I think the agency should structure their tour better. This tour should educate tourists about the history of the city and the country and show interesting and important places. Geneve Timepiece was a waste visit because they just sell watches and sunglasses, and all the sellers are like hawks, everyone is trying to see you something and we don’t like being pushed to buy stuff we don’t want or need.
- 11emra00it’s could be cheapertoo expensive and some places where only available from outside because of covid restrictions .. driver was nice and helpful but he stayed at car dropout
- Muhammad H00Better to book a cab and hire a driver rather rather than booking with them!!! Not recommended.Cons: Imagine coming to Malaysia for one day and you cannot visit Petronas Twin towers… Well we couldn’t and all because we were late from the spots we shouldn’t be visiting. They will take you places where you should either not visit or visit at the end. They don’t tell you from where you should shop. Paid AUD 190 and out of 23 places we just visited less than 10 and my time was up. So, It’s not a guided tour, it’s just booking a cab for one day with limited time and no flexibility(7.5 hours) We have been dropped off at wrong spot with a walk of 5 to 7 minutes to our hotel. Pros: Driver was helping but should give heads up. Why I was late? I got money transfer issue and driver has to drive us to Money exchanger. We spent more time on places we either shouldn’t be visiting or should visit at the very end. Recommendations: Please plan the tour. Plan for less places but most important once with time flexibility. Please communicate. So that people don’t regret to miss the important places.
- danieldive100If you take this tour you see everything in Kuala LumpurBeautiful Tour, my Guide was amazing. It was raining for a while however we were able to see everything, he took me even to more places & explain me everything. I had a lot of pictures. It was a magical tour, very worthy & I saw everything very happy 😊
- Emily000400Pls be careful of the opening date and time that the place you would want to go. If not, it wouldnt worth it.Not sure that the tour knows about that the mosque opens only every Friday morning.They requested to shifted to go afternoon but it was the same that the mosque already closed when we arrived there. Plan was not going well but the driver is nice and friendly.
- Julia M00Viator Day trip from Singapore to MalaccaWe booked the Private Day tour from Singapore to Malacca via Viator months ago from Australia. Pick up was supposed to be 7.30am from our hotel but the tour guide was a complete no show. Communication from the tour operator was ok but in the end the whole trip had to be cancelled. We were refunded in full almost instantly and offered an alternative date but frankly they seem terribly unreliable. We won’t bother again.
- 665suresh00Excellent tourA well organised trip which took us to all the main attractions. The guide (James) was excellent, well spoken and very knowledgeable about all the sites