Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (13)
Recommended by 100% of travellers
Select Date and Travellers
Select tour language
Reserve Now & Pay Later
Low Price Guarantee
You’ll have 13 starting options
Or, you can also get picked upSee Important Information for details
- 1Tenorio National ParkStop: 9 hours -Hotel Pick up You will be picked up from your hotel and journey to Canas, where you will prepare for your adventure. You will then load into a 4x4 and be taken 30 minutes to the launch point on Tenorio River Rafting down Tenorio River Experience rafting 12 kilometers (2 - 2.5 hours depending on river level & time of year) of the Tenorio River, passing through sections which are dominated by over 22 class III-IV whitewater rapids.. During the smoother sections, take a look around at the lush, forested scenery and try to spot tropical birds perched high in the trees the opportunity to see plenty of other wildlife along the way such as iguanas and monkeys.. This unique rafting tour finishes with the thrilling 12-foot waterfall drop called "Cascabel Falls.” When you arrive to the end of your exciting rafting journey at our private river exit, do a quick hike to the 4x4 vehicle to drive out of this isolated, unspoiled region of Costa Rica, and then head back to to the tour base in Canas. Costa Rica Style Lunch After arriving back to the tour base, you’ll then be treated to a delicious Costa RIca Style lunch called a Casado with rice, beans, salad, plantains, and choice of protien. Dietary restrictions can be accommodated. You will be able to use the changing rooms before heading on your way to your hotel in time for a glorious Pacific sunset.Read more
You'll end atSee Important Information for details
Tamarindo, Tamarindo, Province of Guanacaste JW Marriott Guanacaste Resort & Spa, Hacienda Pinilla, Provincia de Guanacaste, 50309, Costa Rica Tenorio Adventure Zone & Route 1 Restaurant, Panamerican Hideway 1, Provincia de Guanacaste, Corobici, Cañas, Guanacaste, 50601, Costa Rica Playa Grande, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica Playa Conchal, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica Provincia de Guanacaste, Playa Flamingo, Costa Rica Hotel Riu Palace Costa Rica, Playa Matapalo, Carrillo, Guanacaste Province, Sardinal District, Costa Rica Playas del Coco, Provincia de Guanacaste, Coco, Costa Rica Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica, Guanacaste Province, Playa Hermosa, Costa Rica Playa Panama, Guanacaste Province, Costa Rica Andaz Costa Rica Resort At Peninsula Papagayo - a concept by Hyatt, Peninsula Papagayo, Guanacaste Province, Papagayo Peninsula, 50104, Costa Rica Planet Hollywood Beach Resort Costa Rica, Playa Manzanillo Bahia Culebra Guanacaste Peninsula Papagayo, Provincia de Guanacaste, Costa Rica Four Seasons Resort Costa Rica at Peninsula Papagayo, Liberia Guanaste 26Km al Norte del Doit, CR-G, Peninsula Papagayo, 05000, Costa Rica
Returns to original departure point
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travellers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Safe and thrilling time!! Our guide (Bryan) was knowledgeable, sweet and cared about our adventure and safety at all times!! Thank you!!
Date of experience: December 2019
Had a really amazing time rafting the Tenorio river. Our guide was professional and very knowledgeable pointing out different bird species and trees along the river. The rapids were fun, but I would say less intimidating than one would expect given the class III ans IV ratings.…
Date of experience: July 2019
1 Helpful vote
My wife and I went here. What a blast. The rafts are smaller then other places, only 4 people besides the guide. You do as much or as little as you want (we wanted to do a lot) There are multiple rapids separated by areas of calmness/floating. Guides are not that well versed in…
Date of experience: November 2018
Miguel set the tone by appearing before 0630 at our villa in Tamarindo. He briefed us about the drive to Rincón de la Vieja and appropriately stopped for fantastic coffee along the way. What a treat and tone setter. All the way along the route he explained all the local…
Date of experience: December 2017
Write a review
What was your experience like?
Share your best travel photo
Let the world see your experience through your eyes.
Get quick answers
Ask fellow travellers and attraction managers your top questions.
About the operator
This experience only has a few reviews, but you can read what other travellers have to say about the operator.
By: Native's Way Costa Rica
Nice boat ride, limited wildlife
If you have a car, drive to the estuary and organize a boat as it is much cheaper. Go early as it is hot and wildli…
A MUST SEE!
This is worth every penny! It was an event packed, never a dull moment whole day of traveling fun. The aspects of N…
Enjoy an afternoon of luxury and pure enjoyment with Albatros!
2 weeks ago, we experienced paradise with Albatros Sailing Adventures in Tamarindo when our world was a different p…
Shabby and dirty
RUN, don't walk to any snorkeling tour besides this one. Three years ago we did a snorkeling tour on the Lazy Lizar…
This tour was so fun! It was exactly what I was expecting and more. Our tour guide Paul was so kind and helpful. He…
The trip was great. Tubing was amazing! Zip lining through the canyon was a blast! The lunch Was incredible! But b…
Excellent customer service. Very knowledgeable tour guide. Amazing experience we were able to see turtles nesting, …
bus trip to and from with guide was good. Stops for quick breakfast. Food options were plenty. on the way back stop…
You will not regret this!
My favorite thing in Costa Rica!!! Our guide, Gustavo ramirez was top notch and our driver made me feel very safe t…
One of the best tours!
This tour is so thoughtfully planned. The combination of activities is perfect. The hike up the volcano was moderat…
Great cruise very relaxing!
Highly recommend...did our last day in Costa Rica and it was the first time we relaxed the whole trip as so much to…
Pretty sights, unenthusiastic staff
We did the full day Rio Celeste, sloth sanctuary, and Llanos de Cortes Waterfall tour. The locations were outstand…
Guachipelin Adventure Volcano Ziplone Horseback River Tubing Combo
This is a MUST for those who want a fun adventure day. Nolberto was the best guide and we love him! He was so infor…
You Will Get Wet
It was a fun trip. Ziplining was very fun. But do not believe what they say on the description of the order of even…
We absolutely loved our private tour to the Rin Con Volcano that included Ziplining, horse-back riding, hot springs…
- Duration: 10h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Hotel Pickup
- Languages Offered: English, Spanish
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Travellers also viewed
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 2,221 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 516 travellers!
Popular: Booked by 826 travellers!