Support this operator:Times are tough for the travel community right now. To show your support, consider leaving a review or posting photos of tours and experiences you have taken. Your support will go a long way in helping tour operators worldwide get back on their feet down the road
View all photos (38)
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Wildlife enthusiasts looking for a break from Sonoma's scenic vineyards are in luck, since Safari West offers a real-world safari experience in the heart of wine country. With your prebooked tickets, you can explore this animal preserve on a small-group tour, with a guide to lead the way. As you ride and walk through the park, experience hundreds of animals from around the world, from cheetahs and monkeys to zebras.
- Animal enthusiasts enjoy a wildlife tour at Safari West, in Santa Rosa
- Marvel at more than 80 diverse species while cruising in an open-air vehicle
- Learn about the plentiful wildlife from your guide's live narration
- Choose the most convenient tour time, with several daily departures
Safari West, 3115 Porter Creek Rd, Santa Rosa, CA 95404, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Professional guide
- Transport by Jeep
- Entry/Admission - Safari West
- Food and drinks (if you would like to eat at the on-site Savannah Cafe, please call Safari West to make a reservation after booking; the phone number will be on your voucher)
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 4 years; all children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please provide your contact information (i.e. 'on the road' contact number) at time booking
- Guests are not permitted to take food out on the tour, but water bottles are welcome; during the summer months, the snack bar is open and guests may purchase sandwiches, chips, fruit, drinks and other items to eat during the tour break or afterward; you may also dine in the Savannah Cafe at your own expense (reservations can be made after booking)
- Not recommended for pregnant women, as the tour includes a 2.5-hour drive over rugged terrain that may be uncomfortable
- Hearing-impaired guests: If you book at least two weeks prior to your tour date (to ensure that an interpreter is available), a sign language interpreter can be provided at no additional charge
- Vision-impaired guests: If you book at least two weeks prior to your tour date, a tactile tour can be provided, during which a sighted companion can accompany a visually impaired visitor; if this isn't possible on your tour date, the guest will be accompanied by a guest service person; upon request, web materials in 18-point font can be sent or emailed to visually impaired guests
- Safari West is fully accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled tour time
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
Time of year
Aviary had the most unusual selection of birds. It was amazing! Brought my teen daughters and nephew and they all loved the bumpy jeep ride and getting up close with the giraffe, zebra and ostrich. Our tour guide, Jeff, was extremely knowledgeable and could answer all of our…
Date of experience: July 2020
We went to Safari West during the SIP. They were very accomodating by limiting our jeep to the 6 people in our party. Our driver, Richard, was excellent. He had so many facts and was very engaging with our two granddaughters! He loved giving all of us information and seeing…
Date of experience: June 2020
I took my 26 year old daughter for a birthday present. We were there on a rainy Sunday morning in March. The driver told us it was good though because many of the animals are out more because when it is sunny they sometimes like to be under the trees in the shade. Our driver…
Date of experience: March 2020
As a wedding officiant, I get to visit many special places. About a year ago, I got to officiate a private wedding (very unusual) midst the jungle animals and birds. The employees are all friendly and helpful. It is a marvelous experience to take the team and you feel like you…
Date of experience: April 2019
Safari west offers three hour jeep tours through their 200 acres of forest. Animals like rhinos, giraffes, water buffalo, porcupine, monkeys, fox, zillions of birds and many more things are easy to see and very close to you. The tour guide is very knowledgeable and you learn…
Date of experience: March 2020
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Safari West
Safari West offers day tours and also overnight experiences. I have done both. You see many animals in a natural …
Richard Most Informative
Amazing outing today at Safari West. Our guide, Richard Horgan, was excellent. I learned so much, I believe it was …
A wonderful experience for the whole family
We have gone many times with both friends and spent the night and then with our grandchildren. The kids were 4 and …
Our first time here and we booked the 10:00 tour. We had Skye as our tour guide and he was awesome! He knew all abo…
Weekend Safari - 3 hour wonderful experience
After parking in their free lot, at 2pm we started our safari for our 3 hour tour. We had 12 people in our vehicle…
Fun place to spend New Year's Eve
We were in the general area to see family, and wanted to do something unique for NYE, and stumbled upon this. It wa…
What an experience!!
Our family of 4 went on a Safari West tour. We had a wonderful time. The moment you step in the check in area, you…
This was a thrilling experience. No mopey zoo at all. Safari West is a top notch animal research facility. You can …
Tent 18 & Behind the Scenes, perfect vacation!
Our family of three (one daughter, 14) spent one night at Safari West and loved it! We waited until the last minute…
Great expierance for the family
We had been told this was a must see and finally were passing by with the time to visit. I didn't do any research a…
Over exceeded our expectations. Well organized, great tour, dinner and lodging.! Everyone there was excited to sh…
Great place to meet and see animals!!!
If you ever get a chance to visit Safari West, I would recommend doing the whole experience. We took the tour, sta…
A little pricey
Although this place is a little pricey we still had a good time. The tent cabins were nice and comfortable. All the…
This is such a fun day outing. Viewing the animals so close is exhilarating--- along with the informative and joc…
Africa in Sonoma
Took the jeep tour with adult family and thoroughly enjoyed it. Intend to return sometime for the glamping. Appreci…
- Safari West
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Frequently bought together
Popular: Booked by 2,851 travellers!
Frequently Asked Questions about Safari West Sonoma Adventure Tour
How much is Safari West Sonoma Adventure Tour?
Safari West Sonoma Adventure Tour price starts from US$83.00. Discover and book Safari West Sonoma Adventure Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Safari West Sonoma Adventure Tour cancellation policy?
Safari West Sonoma Adventure Tour cancellation policy: For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Discover and book Safari West Sonoma Adventure Tour on Tripadvisor
Which company provides Safari West Sonoma Adventure Tour?
Safari West Sonoma Adventure Tour is hosted by Safari West. Read reviews, discover additonal experiences or contact Safari West on Tripadvisor. Discover and book Safari West Sonoma Adventure Tour on Tripadvisor
How much time do I need for Safari West Sonoma Adventure Tour?
On average, this experience will take approximately 3h. Discover and book Safari West Sonoma Adventure Tour on Tripadvisor