View all photos (53)
Select Date and Travellers
Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
Low Price Guarantee
On this tour, explore landmarks in Monument Valley and gain insight into native Navajo culture that would be difficult to learn on your own. Visit the lower Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park and visit a hogan—a traditional Navajo home—where you hear stories and teachings about the region and its culture. Discover landmarks such as John Ford’s Point, Sun’s Eye Arch, and Totem Pole.
- Explore Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park on this half-day tour
- Learn the culture and teachings of the Navajo tribe
- See famous rock formations of Monument Valley used in film
- Visit a traditional hogan for a Navajo demonstration and talk
What to Expect
Meet your tour guide at the designated time and location inside Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park to begin your cultural tour. Head first to John Ford’s Point, to explore the area where a few of John Wayne’s movies were filmed. Continue on to Sun’s Eye Arch and see a demonstration of Navajo culture. Learn about the Navajo tribe that has inhabited this land for hundreds of years. Learn about the culture and teachings that have been passed through many generations and discover the petroglyphs left by the Anasazi people. The next stop is Big Hogan arch to snap some photos before heading to Ear of the Wind, the largest rock arch in the park. Visit Totem Pole and Yei Bi Chei and learn about the cultural significance of these natural landmarks before concluding your tour in the park.
The View Hotel, Indian Rte 42, Oljato-Monument Valley, AZ 84536, USA
Returns to original departure point
- Local taxes
- Bottled water
- Local professional guide
- Pet Friendly
- Transport by open-air Safari vehicle
- Entry/Admission - Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park
- Entrance fee to the Monument Valley Tribal Park. National Park passes are not accepted at entrance to park.
- No Horse Tours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Adult pricing applies to all adult/senior travelers
- Uneven walking surfaces
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Pet friendly
- GROUP TOUR ONLY. NON-PRIVATE TOURS. All tours depart from The View Hotel VIsitor's Lobby.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- We do observe Daylight Savings TIme. We are on Mountain Standard Time (UT). Be advised that there is a one hour time difference between Arizona Time Zone and the Navajo Nation Time Zone (Mid-March to October).
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 45 travellers
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
About the operator
By: Dineh Bekeyah Tours
Early morning versus evening photo ops abound. Brilliant colors at each. Less chance of background things like…
Best guide ever - Harry Nez Jr.
Harry Nez Jr. was our guide and he was exceptional! His knowledge of the Navajo Nation was a huge plus. We…
Our guide, Harry Nez, was wonderful and entertaining. A native Navaho indian, he gave us interesting anecdotes…
Harry was a great guide.
Harry took us around on a day when all of the park rangers were gone and the visitor's center was closed. He gave…
Fantastic tour of Monument Valley!
Our family of 9 (3 adults, 5 teenagers and 1 child) went on a terrific tour of Monument Valley with Harry Nez and…
Dineh Bekeyah Tours
Very good tour by Derrick through Monument Valley! He explained a lot about the buttes, the Navajo history and…
Not as good as hoped
Started out good but changed drivers on us and second driver was not that good. Harry started out great. He was…
Derick was superb!
Having visited Monument Valley a handful of times before, I was looking for a different experience this time…
Oswestry, United Kingdom9031323
A great tour with a wonderful guide.
We had visited Monument Valley before, but just driven the loop ourselves. This time we had the sunset tour and…
Oxford, United Kingdom26183
I've wanted to go to Monument valley all my life so was thrilled to actually be there!--we went on the drivable…
- Monument Valley Navajo Tribal Park, Dineh Bekeyah Tours
- Duration: 3h 30m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Reserve Now & Pay Later
- Free Cancellation up to 24 hours in advance
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+1 855 275 5071