View all photos (161)
Likely To Sell Out
Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Though Savannah is famous for its classic Southern cuisine, innovative restaurants in the historical Eastside are putting twists on Southern classics. Sample inspired dishes form a combination of six big-name and local-approved establishments on a tour limited to 16 people, all while picking up stories and trivia from Savannah’s past. Plus, discounts at the end of this guided tour let you go back for full meals on your own.
- Historical and culinary tour of Savannah showcases the city’s best assets
- Walk through the historical Eastside neighborhood and historic downtown
- Pick up stories and trivia from Savannah’s past along the way
- Small-group tour limited to 16 people
What to Expect
Make your way to a central meeting location in Savannah to meet your guide and group. Begin to stroll through Savannah’s historic Downtown and Eastside neighborhoods en route to six fine dining and casual establishments beloved by locals. Sample twists on Southern classics such as pimento cheese croissants, peach cobbler waffles, and fried green tomato chutney—enough for a satisfying lunch. Though some beverages are provided, you are welcome to purchase more. Along the way, learn about Savannah’s distinct culture and long history as Georgia’s first colony from your guide, and walk past some of the city’s main attractions. Tour is conducted at a leisurely pace and includes two rest breaks over the course of one mile (1.6 kilometers). Conclude your tour near original departure point.
Capital Bee Company, 421 E Broughton St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
Leopold's Ice Cream, 212 E Broughton St, Savannah, GA 31401, USA
- 3-Hour Historic & Secret East Side Walking Food Tour of Savannah
- Local/Professional Guide
- Food Tastings from 6 Popular Savannah Eateries
- Gain exclusive entrance into the restaurants before they open to the public
- Drift through the famed, live-oak-lined squares of Savannah
- Map of Tour Route
- Alcoholic & Non-Alcoholic Beverages (available for purchase)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Please included your Contact phone# at checkout as this is only used in case the Tour Guide needs to contact you.
- Please advise of any allergies or other dietary restrictions in the special requirements section of the booking page.
- If you are traveling with infant, please advise at the time of booking under special requirements
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
- May not be appropriate for all children; please exercise discretion as this tour requires standing, walking, and listening to history/stories for 3 hours
- All tastings add up to a lunch portion; eating breakfast before attending the tour is advised
- Alcoholic beverages must be in a plastic or Styrofoam cup and only one alcoholic beverage is allowed at a time; failure to comply can result in a fine by Savannah Police
- A maximum of 16 people per booking
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s cancelled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
My husband & I found this tour to be good but not great. It started with honey tasting store and ended with a scoop of ice cream (no choice on flavor) at Leopolds. We went to 4 restaurants that were closed for business otherwise - food in total was small helping of risotto, 1/2…
This was so much fun -- way beyond my expectations. Great guide (Lisa), and fabulous stops along the way. A couple really were "secrets" -- and we discovered one restaurant (Cha Bella) that we will definitely return to when we're back in Savannah. All of the restaurants (and…
Date of experience: March 2020
Great tour. Very good sea food experience. We ate shrimp, crab cake, oyster and hush puppy. Also delicious pulled pork, tea, and ice cream. some interesting facts about Savannah given by our guide Gaesar. All in all a fun day
Date of experience: March 2020
This is the second time we have used Savannah Taste Food Tour. We also bought a gift certificate for our friends as a wedding gift and we all went together. We had such an amazing time. We even liked this tour more because we actually got to meet a lot of the owners and got to…
Date of experience: March 2020
Gaezar was amazing! We have been on food tours all over the country and some internationally and found his personality and knowledge of the city and food, to be right up there with the best we've seen. All of the stops were cool and interesting and included hidden gems of the…
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Savannah Taste Experience Food Tours
A Fun Afternoon
Cindy was a wonderful guide! We enjoyed the history of the squares and tasting foods at places we had never been. …
Highlight of our trip!
This is a must do when visiting Savannah! We weren't able to make it work until the end of the trip, but definitely…
First Squares Food Tour
We enjoyed this food tour. However, it could have been better. Our first food stop was where you actually meet the …
A foody tour through Savannah.
My wife and I spent the day doing the Savannah Taste Experience Food Tour the past week while spending the day in t…
Bring Your Appetite!
The selection of food and city culture made this the perfect start to our trip. Our guide, Garrett, was very enthus…
Need new restaurants
Poor choice of restaurants, 2 I would drop. Good guide though. Felt rushed at each stop. Tastes were small samples.
my husband and i love to do food tours in cities we visit. we went on this tour, in the pouring rain, with thunder…
Food was amazing!
This tour was amazing! Definitely beyond happy with our decision to book it. The food was outstanding and definitel…
Savannah Taste Experience
The food was great and our tour guide Garrett was wonderful I would highly recommend experiencing the city this way…
Cindy was great. Very informative and nice. She knew a lot about local history and a wonderful delivery.
Savannah Food Tour
Pamela was fantastic. She was cute, fun, knowledgeable and kept everyone on track. The food stops were really good,…
Thank you Cindy!
Thank you Cindy! Your knowledge of Savannah was just amazing. Plenty of food! So much so that I passed on one o…
Walking culinary tour
Had a great experience with Cindy and her intern. Learned a lot about the history and culture while throughly enjo…
Don’t miss this
Our Savannah Taste Experience with Garrett was nothing short of phenomenal. Not only were the tastings delicious, b…
Come hungry! All places were outstanding and our guide was delightful and knowledgeable about Savannah history. Bes…
- Savannah Historic District, Columbia Square
- Duration: 3h
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427