Select Date and Travellers
Low Price GuaranteeNo Booking Fees
Discover a new side of charming Newport—and follow your guide to many of the city’s top, locals-frequented restaurants—when you book this small-group food tour. Be sure to come hungry: you’ll venture to six different local addresses, from historic taverns and boutique hot-dog eateries to gourmet restaurants and vegan juice bars. As you go, enjoy delicious samples, and learn more about the city’s architecture and history. Upgrade to enjoy three alcoholic beverages as part of your tour.
- You'll start at31 Marlborough St31 Marlborough St, Newport, RI 02840, USAWe will meet at the intersection of Marlborough St and Dr. Marcus Wheatland Blvd. in front of the Great Friends Meeting House. You will see a community garden alongMarlborough St. and we are to the right it.See address & details
- 1MissionStop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 2Humming BirdStop: 10 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 3RootStop: 7 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 4Vanderbilt Roof Deck BarStop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 5Stoneacre BrasserieStop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 6Liberty DonutsStop: 15 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 7Perro SaladoStop: 20 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 8Old Colony HouseStop: 3 minutes - Admission includedSee details
- 9Great Friends Meeting HouseStop: 2 minutes - Admission includedSee detailsPass byBrick Market Place
- 10Jane Pickens TheaterStop: 2 minutes - Admission excludedSee details
- You'll end at22 Long Wharf Mall22 Long Wharf Mall, Newport, RI 02840, USAWe sometimes end in Long Wharf Mall.See address & details
- Head off the tourist trail, and visit Newport’s locals-frequented eateries
- This small-group walking tour provides a personalized experience
- Visit numerous local venues, and enjoy six different tastings
- Upgrade to enjoy three alcoholic drinks with your snacks
31 Marlborough St, Newport, RI 02840, USA
22 Long Wharf Mall, Newport, RI 02840, USA
- All food tastings
- Local guide
- Guide sheet & map
- 3 Alcohol tastings can be added for an additional cost of $15. Contact tour operator to upgrade.
- Entry/Admission - Mission
- Entry/Admission - Humming Bird
- Entry/Admission - Root
- Entry/Admission - Vanderbilt Roof Deck Bar
- Entry/Admission - Stoneacre Brasserie
- Entry/Admission - Liberty Donuts
- Entry/Admission - Perro Salado
- Entry/Admission - Old Colony House
- Entry/Admission - Great Friends Meeting House
- Alcoholic drinks (contact tour operator if you want to upgrade to include alcohol)
- Entry/Admission - Jane Pickens Theater
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please advise us of any allergies or specific dietary requirements at time of booking.
- No refunds will be issued for any reason.
- Vegetarian options are available, please advise at time of booking if required.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travellers with back problems
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Please bring cash for gratuities, if you enjoy the tour.
- Travellers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travellers
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.
Time of year
Morgan was a fabulous tour guide! The food was amazing and the group delightful. I would recommend this tour to anyone visiting the area!
Date of experience: February 2020
Sara was an amazing tour guide. She was very knowledgeable during the tour and showed us some great places for food that we would have never went to on our own.
Date of experience: November 2019
We have been to Newport enough times that we were looking to do something different. Having done food tours in other cities, we thought we would try this tour in a Newport. Sara was our tour guide and she was very sweet and fun. What made this tour so good was it went to…
Date of experience: November 2019
Sarah was great. She took 12 of us on the most fun and fabulous food adventure. From gourmet hot dogs to coke-infused ribs to sweet treats and everything in between. We caught the last great sunny weekend to experience the roof top at the Vanderbilt which gave us spectacular…
Date of experience: October 2019
1 Helpful vote
Even a cold rainy day couldn't put a damper on an awesome tour. Morgan was our tour guide and she was full of energy, fun, and so much interesting information. Our group of 9 pulled out our raincoats and umbrellas and were real troopers while Morgan did her best to keep us out…
Date of experience: October 2019
1 Helpful vote
About the operator
Don’t take it from us – here’s what people have to say about this operator.
By: Rhode Island Red Food Tours
Fun and delicious Newport food tour!
Our family of four, including our daughters in their early 20s, had a fabulous time! Our guide Morgan was fun, fun…
Providence Food Tour with Jenny Currier
My wife and I would highly recommend the Providence Food Tour; what a great way to sample the offerings of several …
We had a wonderful tour with Jenny- she was so enthusiastic and genuine-- lots of history of Providence and one-on-…
Great City Tour with an amazing tour guide
I had such a great time spending the afternoon learning about Providence through food and drink! Our guide was Jenn…
Best Afternoon Ever!
Sara, our guide, took us through the streets of Historic Newport while we enjoyed so many delicious treats. Visitin…
Enthusiastic Guide; Tasty Eats
Morgan guided us on the Off-the-Beaten-Path Food & Cultural Walking Tour, sharing highlights of historical sites we…
Finding New Restaurants in our Home Town
My wife and I just completed this 3.5 hour walking tour of 7 downtown Providence eating establishments. Our tour g…
Great way to have lunch
Sarah was a great tour guide and the food was fantastic and filling. Loved the mini history lessons along the way. …
Great way to explore Providence
We have been on many food tours and find it a great way to explore a city and find some hidden gems as well as gett…
Our crew outing for Trader Joe’s
Once a year we pick an activity to do as a store. This year we chose the down city Rhode Island Red Food Tour. Ve…
I went with my mother as neither one of us had ever been on a food tour before. We were very impressed with the var…
I’d never done a food tour before......
But I was really delighted! It was a lot of delicious fun! We ate great food in many varied and innovative eateri…
Lots of food
Lots of food and fun tour. Good variety. Morgan, our guide, was informative, very lively and engaged. Would have…
Discover new places
I would have never found these restaurants on my own. Each one was unique. The historical highlights as we walked…
Taste your way through Providence - the best way to explore
Meant to write this review a while ago, but was just reminiscing on my Downcity Providence Food Tour as I was shari…
- Duration: 3h 15m
- Mobile Ticket Accepted
- Instant Confirmation
- Languages Offered: English
Why Book on Tripadvisor?
- Low Price Guarantee
- No Booking Fees
- Secure Payments
- 24/7 SupportCall:+60 392125427
Travellers also viewed
Frequently Asked Questions about Newport Neighborhood Food Tour
What time does Newport Neighborhood Food Tour start?
Newport Neighborhood Food Tour will start at 12:00 PM. Discover and book Newport Neighborhood Food Tour on Tripadvisor
Which attractions will I visit with Newport Neighborhood Food Tour?
During this experience, places you will visit include:Discover and book Newport Neighborhood Food Tour on Tripadvisor
How much is Newport Neighborhood Food Tour?
Newport Neighborhood Food Tour price starts from RM 296.38. Discover and book Newport Neighborhood Food Tour on Tripadvisor
What is the Newport Neighborhood Food Tour cancellation policy?
Newport Neighborhood Food Tour cancellation policy: All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Discover and book Newport Neighborhood Food Tour on Tripadvisor